Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Entrepreneurship
 Any FarmGirls make and ship Christmas wreaths?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Any FarmGirls make and ship Christmas wreaths? Next Topic  

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  12:41:26 PM  Show Profile
Is there a FarmGirl out there who grows, makes and ships Christmas wreaths? Thinking about my order this year and thought maybe there is some NE FarmGirl here at the Connection that does just that. It's getting to be that time of year, y'all!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  3:21:42 PM  Show Profile
I could make and ship them, but what would you like them made of? I don't have anything here that I have grown to make them with though.
Cristine

Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today well-lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  3:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Rebekah, you might check this post

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2711

And this is thyme for ewe's Local Harvest page that she has her wreaths for sale on.She is a fellow farmgirl ;)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/M572

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  3:56:34 PM  Show Profile
I make traditional balsam wreaths. We started out with a plan to grow Christmas trees but the return is poor for the time investment. Instead, our trees are wild grown and managed for wreath tips. Instead of growing a tree for 7 years and selling it once for $10 we take more $10 worth of brush from each tree every other year. Our trees should provide brush for us for a minimum of 20 years. There's a lot less work in managing brush trees than Christmas trees.

There are pictures here. http://thymeforewe.com/christmas_wreath.html The prices are what I have listed at Local Harvest and don't include shipping. I'd be happy to drop the shipping charge for anyone who'd like to order directly.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com

Edited by - ThymeForEweFarm on Oct 25 2006 3:57:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  3:58:17 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bridge

Rebekah, you might check this post

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2711

And this is thyme for ewe's Local Harvest page that she has her wreaths for sale on.She is a fellow farmgirl ;)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/M572

~~Bridge's Boutique~~

Thanks Bridgette!

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  4:01:33 PM  Show Profile
Robin, we must have been typing at the same time!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  1:10:22 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Christine, you are some industrious FarmGirl! Do you make them each year? What do you use? Bridgette, thanks for the link. Robin, your wreaths are beautiful! What's the scoop on shipping charges? When do I need to place the order so as to receive the wreaths by early December? By the way, how long have you been in Maine and how much do you LOVE it? Maine is one of those places where I'd like to live. (Maine and Vermont and Quebec.)

James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2006 :  07:47:00 AM  Show Profile
Let's do free shipping for everyone. Just let me know that you saw it here. You can order any time now. You can choose a shipping date any time between November 20 and December 15.

I love Maine. I've lived in Georgia, North Carolina, Florida and Luzon Island, Philippines (Air Force kid) but have been in Maine most of my 42 years. I love the mountains, the ocean and forest so it's a perfect place for me. I've discovered that I like Vermont a lot. The office of the publisher I work for this there. I always look forward to my trips. It's beautiful.

We're fairly traditional Mainers. My husband grew up lobstering and digging marine worms on the coast. He's a forester now. I grew up in the burbs after Dad left the AF but spent weekends in the woods, with a fishing pole and a boat, hunting, gardening and such. Autumn is beautiful. The regular gun hunting season starts tomorrow and ends the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I love our winters. We usually have a lot of snow for cross country skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing from the cabin (where I warmly sit, pointing at flags and suggesting "someone should get that"), and sliding. We skate on our pond and at the lake. When I start getting a little woods crazy we spend a night in Bangor, have a nice dinner, do a little dancing, and then I'm ready to come home right after breakfast. The only thing I miss about living in the city is food delivery. Once in a whie I'd really like to pick up the phone and have someone bring supper!

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2006 :  07:59:14 AM  Show Profile
Robin,
I would love one of your wreaths, the bigger one that is shown for twenty six dollars looks perfect. I can send you a check whenever its ready, I believe you said the 20th is the earliest right? Thanks Robin, can't wait.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2006 :  11:09:39 AM  Show Profile
Robin, That is so generous of you to offer free shipping. Is the best way to order just to email you for your address and then send a check? Can you ship to different addresses? Your post about your life in Maine is so vivid. Those are the reasons I love that area. (Well, minus the hunting thing.) I always check properties up there on various websites. One day my husband and I will muster up the courage!

James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  04:08:08 AM  Show Profile
I can ship to as many addresses as needed as long as it's in the continental US. Outside of that the cost jumps from $12-$14 to much more. Yes, please do email. wreaths at thymeforewe.com or through my profile. I'm going to see about setting up PayPal this afternoon.

Parts of Maine have a little snow this morning. It's been very windy for two days. There are 136,000 homes/businesses without electricity this morning. The wind is still blowing but the weather report says it's probably not going to get strong enough to put out the power in additional places. We lost power Saturday night and Sunday. During the outage Sunday I got most of my Christmas cards signed and addressed and wrote three long pen pal letters. It's almost fun to have the power go out. We can still cook because we have a propane stove and we stay warm (and can cook) with the woodstove. The only problem for us could be water because the well pump runs on electricity. If it's raining - problem solved.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  07:12:00 AM  Show Profile
I've never had a fresh evergreen wreath, this might be a silly question...lol, does it last more than one year or just one year since it's from a live tree?
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  03:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Just one year. I feed mine to the goats when I take down the decorations.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Any FarmGirls make and ship Christmas wreaths? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page