Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Disappointed with People magazine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Disappointed with People magazine Next Topic  

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  8:38:45 PM  Show Profile
I was standing in Walgreen's today at the counter and noticed that People magazine had a photo of two Amish girls walking along. I guess it was an article about the recent shootings, but I thought it was so rude of them to do this. These people do not want to be plastered on the front of a magazine, I am sure, especially showing their faces.
I wonder what they'd say if they say this?
Has anyone else seen this or read the article? The article might be good, I don't know. But the photo on the front was uncalled for in my humble opinion.
What the media will do to sell!

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  10:02:35 PM  Show Profile
I saw that too..and had the same thought. I wouldn't have probably bought it anyhow, but certainly didn't knowing how the Amish feel about being photographed like that. It WAS rude!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  06:18:23 AM  Show Profile
I'm not a big fan with how much of our media handles news stories in general. It's really no surprise that this magazine would do this, I'm sure many others and many newspapers have done the same thing unfortunately.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  5:09:31 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry too that someone didn't respect their wishes and traditions, how sad that it was probably all about the money for a
"good picture". I was pleased to see that the community and the PA State Police did an excellent job of keeping the media circus at bay during this difficult and confusing time. How overwhelming it all was to begin with , let alone the audaciousness of the media looming around every corner. One creepy person sneaking around sure beats 1,000 hounding you.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Disappointed with People magazine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page