Page: of 2

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  06:12:57 AM  Show Profile
Well, honestly, sometimes they never get folded....just dumped on one of the sofas.

I've tried the kitchen table, but most of the time I end up back in the living room.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  07:12:15 AM  Show Profile
Our washer and dryer is in the cellar. When we moved here the previous owners left a huge table that the wife cut her material for her drapery business on. I use that "huge" table to fold laundry, but, I have to confess....my issue is getting up the two flights of stairs to the bedrooms. I am 4'9" and sometimes I feel like I am climbing a mountain to get it to the bedrooms. But, that is where I fold laundry:) Got to love it...:) Erica
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  08:34:11 AM  Show Profile
I love folding clothes! LOL! I don't know why but I find it very therapeutic... I also like washing dishes... Go figure!

Our laundry room is on the first floor, and it's also a very busy mud room, so I don't really want to fold clean clothes in there. I just fold clothes on my sofa, basketful by basketful, while watching the news or some other programming. Whomever heads up the steps first takes the basket with him (notice I say "him" - LOL!), and then I'll deliver the clothes to the appropriate places when I go up.

What drives my hubby nuts is that sometimes I block his view from the t.v. while I'm folding. I just wink at him and tell him he should enjoy the view while he can, and he just giggles and rolls his eyes at me. ;) Just keepin' it alive, girls... Maybe that's why I love folding clothes so much! LOL!

Happy laundry!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  08:43:00 AM  Show Profile
The washer and dryer is in my husband's "airplane room" which is, in all reality, a room that I can't cuss a cat in and end up falling into bookcases, over model airplane boxes, and crap like that, so I immediately take the basket of laundry into the living room (if there's something on I'm watching) or onto our bed so I can have a big surface.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  2:42:06 PM  Show Profile
My washer and dryer are in the basement so I take the basket upstairs and fold them in my bedroom. Or sometimes I just leave them in the basket ;)
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  2:54:49 PM  Show Profile
My washer & dryer are inside a closet in my butler's pantry. I fold them in there so it is quick & easy to put them away.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  5:04:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm 4'8 and I couldn't drag the laundry up and down stairs. I would make the basement a big closet! Or get a dumb elevator why don't homes have them any more? lol

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BarnHeart
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Autumn
New Albany IN
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  5:07:10 PM  Show Profile
Fold laundry? Nah...that task usually goes to the hubs. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love wool! Visit my website at www.heartfeltwool.com to see my creations!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  5:13:57 PM  Show Profile
It depends, if I'm watching a football game, I fold the clothes on the sofa in the den. If not, usually on the kitchen table!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  09:42:38 AM  Show Profile
i'm ashamed to say that the last load of whites i did stayed in the dryer (right off the kitchen) for me to grab undies each morning before work.....
we're in a small house- if i don't fold right there at the dryer, i carry in to the bedroom and sit on the bed to fold...michael doesn't go thru many clothes anymore and i just have my work clothes (jeans and tops undies and sox) and of course towels bedding and jammies... when i was raining kids i had an awesome table in the basement.

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  10:02:58 AM  Show Profile
Usually my husband washes and dry's, brings it upstairs for me to fold and put away. So...usually on the bed.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  07:31:09 AM  Show Profile
Fold laundry ...what a laugh. In the livingroom but it generally stays there for at least. 5 days before it gets folded. Annoying to me but I never have time to fold it.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  07:54:26 AM  Show Profile
I fold on my bed. The laundry room is too small and by having the boys put it on my bed, it insures that it gets folded before I go to bed each night. Well, that's the idea. Some nights I just shove it into the laundry basket and leave it.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  08:26:26 AM  Show Profile
I am loving everyone's comments. Today, I have actually folded all the loads. Now the stacks sit on two sofas, coffee table and the floor. I'm not sure if they'll make it to the rooms they belong in. I'm sitting down for a cup of coffee now. :)

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  6:15:37 PM  Show Profile
My laundry is just off the kitchen in my panty. I fold clothes right on the dryer and walk through the house to put them away in the bedroom.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  6:16:25 PM  Show Profile
oops.....I meant my pantry. (lol)

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  6:23:32 PM  Show Profile
HA Bonnie! That made me laugh!

I, too, like to fold. If I'm folding towels, I do it in the bathroom, so I can put them right away. And I fold clothes on my bed, wit my closet open to hang clothes right up. Putting away clothes while they are still warm is kind of a joy for me! I love handing my daughter a stack of warm clothes and watching her hug them!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  7:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Nini and Bonnie, you guys are too funny.
I love to fold my clothes the minute the dryer is done. My cat, Izzy, likes to snuggle up to the warm clean towel I put on the bed for her.
I hang those things that are not quite dry on hangers in the bedroom doorway so unless I put them in the closet, I can't close the bedroom door and keep the kitties out of my room at bedtime.
I like doing laundry, but I miss a clothesline. It's dishes I don't like.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  09:35:48 AM  Show Profile
I try to always bring the laundry upstairs- washer and dryer and drying rack are in the basement. So, I bring the basket upstairs to the sofa to fold and then Nat and I put away.

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  11:32:37 AM  Show Profile
If you have a laundry room, you need a table. I have a laundry basket for each family member and one for linens sitting on the table. As clothes come out of the dryer, they are folded and put into the correct basket.

Now... this is the tough part..... That's pretty much where they stay. Family just gets what they need out of their clean clothes basket.

I always intend to carry each basket upstairs so the family member can put their own clothes away (including myself). But [sigh] that doesn't routinely happen. In fact I actually succeeded in doing that one time, and I took a picture of it because a laundry room without laundry is a RARE sight!

I always thought the Duggar Famiy had it right when they just made a "Family Closet" that was part of their Laundry Room.

When we sold our Town House and were looking to move to a bigger house, on of my requirements was "a laundry room." When you don't have room for a table, laundry really is a chore.

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  11:45:58 AM  Show Profile
I usually pull the hangables right out of the dryer and hang them up as soon ad the dryer is done and fold laundry on my bed. I do have a table down by the laundry but I end up using it for fabric most of the time. My boys laundry baskets go in the living room for them to use the couch but it ususally ends up living there until they either wear it or I "force" the folding to happen.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  09:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Right off the outside clothesline into the basket . . . sometimes.
Other times on the couch or our bed.
And, like some of you, sometimes left in the basket until I'm in the mood!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lyndell
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Leah
Richwood Ohio
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  6:41:09 PM  Show Profile
Like a couple others here, I fold them and put them in laundry baskets right as they come out of the dryer. For the most part, if I don't have time to fold, I don't take it out of the dryer. I do it this way because it cuts back on wrinkles and doesn't make another mess I have to deal with later. My laundry area is small (so is my house really) and I just don't have space for keeping laundry that needs to be folded. I was raised doing this, and found it so odd when I grew up and found out that some people take their clothes out of the dryer and make a second project out of folding them! Then again, if you have a ton of laundry to do and need to get stuff out of the dryer fast, I can totally understand waiting to do the folding.

http://foxgloveandfolksongs.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sister #4236
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2013 :  7:35:03 PM  Show Profile
I am like Nini, I love folding clothes and washing dishes. I have no dishwasher except for my two hands. Hubby will also wash dishes, usually after breakfast. I usually fold in the living room, love doing it at night while watching tv. If it is during the day, it is usually on the dinner table. But I always fold and hang and put away, I can't stand to have them sitting around. That's just me!!
Linda Farmgirl #946
Go to Top of Page

cozie lady
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Mt Pleasant MI
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  09:36:18 AM  Show Profile
I take my clothes to the bedroom and fold there so that I can put away as I go. Towels, sheets or blankets I fold as I take them out of the dryer or off the line. I do not fold or sort socks and underwear.
I to like washing dishes by hand, just kind of relaxing after a long day.:)

amy r
sister #4186
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  4:07:50 PM  Show Profile
I fold clothes on my ironing board. It is usually set up in my bedroom.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Where do you fold clothes? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page