Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Apron to Africa Next Topic  

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  08:08:33 AM  Show Profile
I am so excited. My school now has a sister school in Zwide Township, Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Daniel's Primary School is grades K-6. The school has over 720 students with classrooms averaging 50-75 students with only one teacher. As part of the sister school project each teacher in our school has been given a sister teacher. My partner is Maureen Mahlathi. Our classes are sending cards, letters, pencils, etc the end of October. I've decided to send Maureen an apron too. I’m using apple fabric to represent Yakima. I’ll post a picture when it’s done.
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  09:11:05 AM  Show Profile
Mary,
How exciting, those are huge classes, a lot of work for one teacher. Do they have helpers? I like the apron idea, and the kids here sending things over there. How nice is that.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  4:52:44 PM  Show Profile
Mary -

I think the whole project is wonderful. What grade do you teach? Have your students rec'd anything from their sister class yet? Won't it be great to see how they react to the differences and similarities?
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  5:12:34 PM  Show Profile
I have to say again this is just such a nice thing you and your school are doing, I hope they can send you some letters or pictures that we can all see.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Apron to Africa Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page