Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 MAKING A FARMGIRL SCRAPBOOK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic MAKING A FARMGIRL SCRAPBOOK Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  06:28:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
Was laying awake last night and thinking up all kinds of things I want to do, get my best ideas at night. Anyway, I have my farmgirl bulletin board, and a basket that hangs under it for extra cards etc. Anyway I think I will start a scrap book. cards I get, pictures from the site that I print off, recipes that you girls post. craft ideas, etc. My birthday is next month so I think I will tell my girls that I want a really nice scrap book with plastic covered pages, and a really good pair of pinking scissors. They always say I'am hard to buy for, well that is the most ridiculous thing I HAVE EVER HEARD.HA!! Well anyway that is one of todays new ideas.
NANCY JO

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  06:53:29 AM  Show Profile
Nancy -

That is a great idea. Right now all I have is a pretty shoe box for my mailart. But there are so many other things I have gotten or as you, printed off of the sight. Since I have no place for the bulletin board at this time a scrap book is a great idea. I might be doing that as well.

Thanks

Anne

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  07:55:36 AM  Show Profile
sounds sweet nancy .. send pics as it progresses! xo

and oh yessssssss .. we creative ones really are soooooooooooo easy to shoppe for .. (just let us pick it out!) xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  09:24:18 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
Nancy what a great idea...can I borrow it and do the same? I was thinking that even things I couldn't put in the book could have a picture taken of it so I could put name, etc. by it. Hmmm, thinking I need to take a trip to the sticker store for some cute farmgirl type stickers!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  09:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Ok, Nancy Jo..... what day is your birthday? We should all attempt to be nice to someone, sew something, make something good to eat, and definitely hit a yard sale or two on your special day....in other words, be just like you! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  10:49:09 AM  Show Profile
Nance,
Wrote to you yesterday on some post someplace, don't know if you saw it, just said I was glad to see you back, and to keep the pin cushions from frannie, just find something laying around your Mom's house to give for Christmas presents, or tear up the yard, you are good at that, and make some nature thing. Also thankyou for my postcard from France, its on my bulletin board and I was so excited to get it. My BD is Nov.26th, Most years I cook a big turkey dinner for the family. The kids bring lots of presents and a big cake, which after test tasting the food all day I'AM usually to sick to eat, but I have no problem when it comes to the present part.HA.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  11:00:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey, gal pal Nancy Jo. Yep, I did see your post and am happy you liked the French postcard. I am actually making presents for Christmas and also making some ADORABLE little ghosts out of antique linen-cotton type cloth I found buried in one of our French closets! I saw the idea for these ghosts in a french crafts magazine I like to get now and then and knew I had to make them....gonna try to sell some at my yard sale...

And talk about tearing up a yard, holy mackerel! My garden of eden definitely turned into a garden needin' weedin' this summer, so I crawled around on hands and knees for awhile this morning.....my wonderful foreign college student who I am renting a room out to to keep the house looking occupied while we are in France even asked me yesterday when I was going to do yardwork because he WANTED to help me. Got a good start on it and I am enthused to get back out there tomorrow too.

Yes, even when we are stuffed to the gills we can manage the strength to rip into a gift, can't we?! Have a great day! Nance
Go to Top of Page

shoptea
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Martha
SAINT ALBANS MAINE
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  1:05:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nancy Jo thats so funny I was born on Nov 26 Thanksgiving Day - I grew up hearing that my mother thought I was gas :) She was kidding (I think) :)
The scrapbook sounds wonderful

http://www.villagehavenfarm.com
Country Farm Store - We carry Tea, Country Teapots,Goat Milk Soap and more and yes we even sell Goat Cookies!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  5:25:52 PM  Show Profile
MARTHA,
See, the you know what I mean, can't go out to dinner on your Birthday, don't even want to, because its either on thankgiving or a day or two either way, and you don't want another big meal. But bring on the presents and family!! I will remember you on our Birthdays.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MAKING A FARMGIRL SCRAPBOOK Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page