Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 "Journal or Smash" book Swap- received??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic "Journal or Smash" book Swap- received?? Next Topic
Page: of 6

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  4:38:58 PM  Show Profile
Pictures don't do it justice, it's gorgeous. I love vintage purses, I couldn't be happier.

Farmgirl #522
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaGirl
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Diane
Hermitage Arkansas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  4:47:25 PM  Show Profile
" Pictures don't do it justice, it's gorgeous. ..."

Oh, how awesome, I like that idea of using a vintage clutch!!
Very Nice!

Sister 4595 loves to Smile, Laugh & Giggle!
~Creative Stitching at Sweet Bay Magnolia~
http://dianedoodles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  5:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
WOWIE!! ZOWIE!! That is ABSOLUTE!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  5:06:32 PM  Show Profile
That is so clever!! Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing pictures!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  7:00:07 PM  Show Profile
That is wonderful, I wouldn't have thought of that!
Nice work Anita!
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  02:13:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh! Anita :) I am so glad you weren't disappointed about the Grunge book ... I am also glad you like the journal I did make :) I can't take full credit for the idea, I seen it on a blog I read & then there was a link to another blog of the original idea. Now they both used beaded vintage clutches. I had that one from India with all that pretty metal threads & thought it would be nice, I since then have made one out of a beaded clutch for myself & another out of another one from India, once you do one, well, what can I say LOL
Can't wait for my surprise journal from you :)
Thank You CJ for this most tantalizing & mind provoking swap :)

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  07:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
You girls are so welcome for the swap and I'm glad we were able to do something different!
Perhaps we'll do another one sometime but add a 3rd possibility for a book . . . nope, that's my secret!!!!
Guess you'll just have to stay posted!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  09:03:29 AM  Show Profile
That sounds fun too. Thanks CJ
It was fun and really made my mind work.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  09:35:14 AM  Show Profile
Farmsisters,

I hope these pictures really show you the detail of the most wonderful and awesome gorgeous journal that Ceejay made for me.

Ceejay! I love, love, love, love, love, love my journal!!!!!!
How creative and so me. Farmsisters it is done in yellow, black, white and green. It has little tiny bee's on the front with some really cute little daisy button trims.Polka dotted ribbons all done in yellow, black and green. Sweet, sweet little beehive. and a gorgeous little tag all trimmed up in tiny bees. The front and back inside covers have pockets to store my little written treasures. I will be using this journal to journal all about my farmsisters,. I may be asking for some pictures from some of you to put in my book.
This journal will be all about my life as a MJF farmsister. Oh! I can hardly wait to start writing.

Ceejay, to think I have had to wait for over a week to open this box of wonderful goodies. Did you make the crochet heart? Love it! I am thinking about making another pin-up board in the shape of a heart and covering the front of it with the beautiful heart you sent me.
Thank you so much for the body wash, I used some this morning, smell so sweet. The lip gloss is bound to make my old lips purty! LOL! I love my little bunny who now is sitting on my grandaughters little craft table, and the cupcake scarf has now found its way on her little table where we have tea-parties. I will try to get a picture of it and post later today or tomorrow. I so love the beautiful rose napkins. Like I shared with you in your e-mail, they will look so sweet on my shabby chic dining table in the living room.

I will treasure all of my goodies, but please know, the journal you made for me, will be with me a lifetime. I hope someday to pass it on to my daughter so she can read and enjoy all the tips, quotes, sayings, sage advice and wisdom from my farmsisters. Oh no! here come the tears! Really, my friend, I love it! There are no words to describe how it has touched my heart. I hope you will like the one I am making for you. I will most likely tuck it in the mail on Saturday. Still decorating the inside. As for the candy, it is now in its third hiding place. Away from Farmbrother "Big Buzz." (my wonderful hubby)
Speaking of Big Buzz, you will need to read the next posting and see what our dear, sweet, angelic, funloving Ceejay has done to "Big Buzz." Let me just say, our farmsister has some onery bones, LOL!
For now though here are some pictures of my beautiful journal (get ready to drool) and my sweet and very much appreciated tuck-ins.)

Love you Ceejay!
You are an awesome farmsister to Big Buzz and I both. I will e-mail you when I drop your smash book in the mail. I might even post a little sneakie peakie for you.

Thank you for everything, but most of all thank you for being you and for being an important part of my life.

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  10:11:57 AM  Show Profile
ATTENTION ALL FARMSISTERS! You muast read this posting to find out how Ceejay got one over on her farmbrother Big Buzz. YAY!!! for you Ceejay! Let me explain a little. First of all, to those of you who remember an earlier posting from Ceejay regarding her trying to catch the mouse that decided to homestead in her pantry. Long story short,
my darling hubby Skip aka Big Buzz decided he would take on Ceejay and tease and aggravate her by sending little pictures of mice and adding his 2 cents of editorial comments. He begin making humorous threats about sending mice to her house etc. Little did he know his comments would come back to bite him. Again, YAY! CEEJAY!

Now don't get me wrong, I love this man of mine.. but in all farmsister honesty he is getting what he deserved. She upt him ten fold on this. The following pictures will tell the story. Keep in mind,Big Buzz loves his candy and snacks.

Ceejay, you did us gals proud! The winner in this round is CeejaY!

Our dear Ceejay sent Big Buzz, candy, a sweet card, mouse food, aka Cheez-Its, 2 mouse traps and yes our little apronista sent him his very own mouse. LOL! Girls it doesn't get any better than this. This is absolutely hysterical. I wish all of you could have seen the precious look on his face when he opened his package from her. Still, when I think of it, I laugh so hard, I almost wet my farmgirl pantaloons. LOL!
Love you Ceejay!.....You go girl!

BIG BUZZ here!

Ceejay, I really appreciate all the gifts, especially those that feed the hungry growl in my stomach. When first opening these thoughtful gifts, I thought, how nice and kind of my farmsister to think of me. Even shared with Debbie aka Buzzn Bee, that you did not need to do this. Next thing I know after feeling the love from my sister, out falls mice traps and a mouse. I am a big boy, I will admit, yes, you did get me on this one, but remember, the teasing of big brothers can be and will be without any mercy shown. In an earlier e-mail I threw down the gauntlet to let you know the war is on, and I intend to come out of this victorious! I am gathering up my army. I have included pictures..not to intimidate you, but to show you I mean business. So, tell me dear sister..Are you up to it? Think you can win round #2. If so bring it on! Meanwhile, I thank you for the gifts and special thoughts! Let me introduce my friends. They can't wait to get to know you.

Admit it..You are shivering with fear. LOL!

In spite of all of your shananigans..I still love you farmsister.
I shall wait on your response.

Oh yeah, I know where Debbie's candy is hidden. Also, you really did do a beautiful job on the journal you made for her. She loves it and is anxious to start writing.

Hugs!
Farmbrother "Big Buzz"

Attention other farmsisters.. May I count on each of you for support?
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  10:16:50 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I love the pictures. All of you are so talented. What timeless treasures each of you have made. I can't stop looking at the pictures. All of your works are true works of art. There are no words to describe their beauty. They are priceless!

I love you gals!

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  10:30:54 AM  Show Profile
Madeline I wanted to do a grunge book as well but don't have a craft store here and just wasn't able to do one so had to "wing it" and just let it take on a life of it's own and use what I had in my stashes of stuff. My first time doing anything like this so it won't be perfect but so much fun and a learning experience which is always welcome and interesting!

Farmgirl #522

Edited by - neeter302 on Feb 17 2013 1:31:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaGirl
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Diane
Hermitage Arkansas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  11:13:14 AM  Show Profile
"Ceejay got one over on her farmbrother Big Buzz. YAY!!! for you Ceejay! "

Thank you for sharing this funny today! ....I am still laughing... Good Job, Ceejay!

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaGirl
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Diane
Hermitage Arkansas
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  11:17:19 AM  Show Profile
Originally posted by buzzn bee..."Farmsisters,
I hope these pictures really show you the detail of the most wonderful and awesome gorgeous journal that Ceejay made for me. ..."

Oh, very, very pretty book, Love it!

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  1:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you girls! I have made lots of journals and when Debbie told me she makes smash books but NEEDED a journal because she "journals" on legal pads, I thought making her a JOURNAL with lots of writing space would be the thing to do for her. Enjoy it Debbie!

"buzzn bee and Big Buzz" . . . you two are the best! Thanks for all the fun and laughter. Skip, I ain't a-skeert!!! Whatcha got up your mischievious sleeve?

Diane,
Thanks for the adorable mouse/boot Valentine pic . . too cute!

Fun, fun!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  2:57:11 PM  Show Profile
OH! Gosh, I missed the action ~~~ You all have me grin-in from ear to ear.

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  2:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello Anita :) I am so looking forward to your creation. I used what I had on hand & I look forward to seeing what you come up with using what you have on hand. Love thinking outside the box ;)

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  6:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Maddie,
Thanks for your mouse . . . it's a cutie!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  8:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey girls,
I'm sure hoping there will be more pictures . . . we gotta see!
Thanks!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  04:09:46 AM  Show Profile
Finally am mulling over the pictures of all the books so far. Such a creative ~ talented lot :) I just love to see all the diversity, each one so unique. CJ you started a journal bug in me LOL. Now I look at everything in a journal making way ;) Never know what will make a nice journal :)

Go to Top of Page

suedi3399
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Sue
Salisbury NC
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  1:25:25 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day! Getting ready to post Lisa's book- I hope it measures up to all the fantastic creations you all have posted!!

"Whatever you are, be a good one" ER
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  7:32:29 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay!

Almost finished. Need to add a couple more items. Hopefully I can pick them up and all the embellishments will be dry and I can slip it in the mail on Saturday morning. My crazy foot is getting better but it has slowed me down just a little. Or maybe it is age. LOL!
Here is your sneaky peek. There is another sneaky peek waiting for you on the stitching and craft forum. The purple paper is only for the cover up. LOL!

lOVE YA GIRL!

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7582 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7582 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  9:12:06 PM  Show Profile
It looks cute CJ..Buzzn Bee is working on a goodie, I betcha.
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  9:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Debbie,
You are such a tease! Looking forward to your creation!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  09:54:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya Ceejay,

Wait until you see what I am creating for you. Get ready..
Are you shivering yet? I'm sure you are. Ha! Ha!

Farmbrother "Big Buzz"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic "Journal or Smash" book Swap- received?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page