farmkitty
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Angela
Anderson South Carolina
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  5:49:32 PM  Show Profile
I am brand new to the board and I am so pleased to be here! Don't know where I have been because I only learned of MJF a few weeks ago . I've read the new magazine several times over and finally got around to joining this wonderful group of kindred spirits. I live on 68 acreas of the most gorgeous land in upstate SC. This land has been in my family for over 200 years is listed on our SC historic farm registry. Currently we are not farming but one day soon my husband and I would like to raise alpacas. I am a nurse by day in the emergency room and at night I sew,cook,knit and lead a Weight Watchers group. I have enjoyed all of the posts I've read so far and am looking forward to talking with yall!

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  6:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Hello and welcome to the group. I wish you lots of luck with your farm ideas.
nice to meet you
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  6:16:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Angela! I was born and raised in Greenville- our family has had our land since the 1700s too! Now I live across the state line in Rutherford County, NC, just north of Greenville.

Welcome to the board! YOu'll love it!

Kim in NC
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  7:40:39 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Angela!! I am sure glad you found us. Your land sounds wonderful. Alpacas would be so fun. It is so important to have a dream..I hope you get to do that!
Meanwhile..it will be fun to get to know you here!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Penny
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

NC
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  05:03:08 AM  Show Profile
Another welcome from NC! I'm sure you will love it here!
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  12:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Angela! That is so cool-68 acres in beautiful SC.

Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  12:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi Angela! Your farm sounds lovely. This group of farmgirls will get you excited and ready to get started on those alpacas. Have fun.

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  4:14:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Angela, Welcome. Am looking forward to getting to know you here. Your farm sounds wonderful, how great it has been in the family for so long. SC is a beautiful state. Enjoy yourself here, it's really fun.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

georgiabantam
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Lynn
Eatonton Georgia
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  4:38:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Angela!Im new as of today so Im just starting out here and saw your post. My Fathers family was from Pickens County. His whole family Hundreds of them still live there since the 1700's also! Ever heard of any Lollis's??
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  5:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Angela,
How wonderful that you have your family's farm!! I can't wait to hear about your farm and and all you plan to do there! I also love to cook! What made you decide to raise alpacas?

Well once you get seetled in you can let me know! Glad you found us and welcome to our wonderful group!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

farmkitty
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Angela
Anderson South Carolina
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  6:14:35 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Lynn, I don't know any Lollis' but my mother might --I was though actually raised in Easley in Pickens county. Have never heard of Eatonton Ga , how far are you from the state line? Buttercup, I knit and love to work with alpaca yarn. I am also trying to spin and hand dye my own yarns so I guess you could say I need an "endless" supply!
Go to Top of Page

georgiabantam
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Lynn
Eatonton Georgia
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  1:01:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey Angela, Eatonton is 50 miles west of Augusta! My Paternal Grands were both born in Six mile, Pickens County! I understand a lot of our relatives are in anderson though!
Wow, you spin your own yarn??? You are my hero girl! I love to knit and crochet, but I wouldnt know where to start on Spinning! You go girl!!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  5:43:57 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  11:51:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Angela! Welcome to the 'Connection! It looks like you already have so much in common with a bunch of the farmgirls... Nice to have you around!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

nouveau_farmchick
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Paris
Sequim Wa
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  06:49:46 AM  Show Profile
Hello Angela,
I am happy for you that you are on family land! My sisters and I are fighting to keep our family land,our Mother wants to sell it for a houseing developement.

Happy Farming!
Pennie

God bless Farmers
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from SC Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page