Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Farmgirl Greetings from Arkansas & Texas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirl Greetings from Arkansas & Texas Next Topic  

Norma
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Norma
Texarkana AR
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  1:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Norma's MSN Messenger address

Hello to everyone, or should I say Howdy, Y'all. I'm writing to you from Texarkana, AR/TX, a border city between Texas and Arkansas. It's quite a unique place, with separate city governments and services, and a street called "State Line" which divides the city into two parts. I live in Arkansas and work in Texas. I'm a farmgirl only in my heart, but I must have inherited the tendencies from my mother and grandmother! I came across one of the MJF magazines a couple of months ago at Wal-Mart and devoured it from cover to cover. Since then I've ordered the book, the newest magazine and two of the apron patterns. I can't wait to get started on some aprons - I'm giving some as Christmas presents this year.

I always figured I was a little "different" because I love keeping house and cooking and baking and hanging clothes out on the clothesline! This place is a new "home" for me, and I'm so glad to find all of you here! I may not live on a farm, but we have four dogs, one cat, and a miniature pot-bellied pig at our house. And I really, really want a chicken or two!

Well, hello to all of you, and I'm so very happy to be here! Peace and love to you all.

Norma

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  1:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Welcome! You will enjoy it here!

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  1:49:51 PM  Show Profile
welcome to the group Norma!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  2:52:01 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Norma..you sound just great..you will fit right in here! Which patterns did you get from MJ?? I am planning to get a couple soon..especially the Helen pattern! I love to make aprons too.I used to have a potbellied pig named Rheba. she was a terror!! But we loved her.
Everyone here is so fun..you will love it!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  2:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the group glad you found us. I hope you have fun here.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  3:35:01 PM  Show Profile
Norma, Welcome, so glad to have you here. You sound alot like me. I do live on a farm but it is not mine, we manage it for someone else. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have my girls grow up on a farm, but anyway. I love to bake and hang clothes out on the line too! Wish I didn't have to work cause I'd love to stay home and do all those things, got it from my mom and grandmothers too. Isn't the magazine the greatest! I did like you and found on copy then had to order the rest of them and the book. Wait til you get the book, it's the best! These gals are the greatest too, you can count on them for everything!
Hugs,
Kel
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  4:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Norma - welcome! So glad you found MJF. I only found this recently after doing a google on aprons - this site came up and I haven't stopped chatting since! Isn't it great to find girls who think the same way you do - I used to get almost embarassed about liking 'homey' things - now I have plenty of girls who understand where I'm coming from!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  5:04:45 PM  Show Profile
Norma, welcome to our "home". That's what it always feels like! I know you will enjoy this group of girls! So welcome!

love, hugs and strawberries to you, gloria g. Richards, TX - south west of Huntsville :>)

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Penny
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

NC
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  05:08:57 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Norma! We must be kindred spirits, because I love being home and taking care of the house too! Glad you are here!
Go to Top of Page

Norma
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Norma
Texarkana AR
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  08:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Norma's MSN Messenger address
Thanks for all your great WELCOME messages! You made me feel right at home here at MJF. I appreciate you all and look forward to getting to know you!

Happy Fall!
Norma
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  12:22:59 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Norma! We look forward to getting to know you too!

Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  12:52:28 PM  Show Profile
Norma, Welcome! You'll find lots of kindred spirits here!

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  2:44:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey There! I'm on the other side of the state near Searcy! Glad you have joined us!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  9:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Norma,
Welcome!! So glad you found us!! I look forward to seeing you around!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  05:14:30 AM  Show Profile
hi norma .. and welcome .. you will love it here .. i grew up in washington, d.c. in a 'row house' .. and even in the city .. all the clotheslines were filled with clothes ever few days. i'm in the country now .. and usually only hang my clothes on the line for 'pretty'. tell us more about your little piggie! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Norma
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Norma
Texarkana AR
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  06:15:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Norma's MSN Messenger address
Frannie, I'll try to get a pic of the little piggy boy....his name is Willie, and he's up to about 25 pounds or so now - he's about 6 months old now, I think. He loves to steal the dogs' food, and loves to roam free in the house. He sleeps (for now) in a child's play pen, but he'll soon outgrow that - I expect him to push the bottom out any day now! LOL He makes rooting noises and low grunt sounds when he wants outside, and he absolutely LOVES having his tummy rubbed. He'll roll over and raise his little front legs to let you get a good rub in! :) He interacts really well with the dogs (could care less about the cat!) His favorite thing is taking a nap on the "big bed". And his favorite thing to eat is my homemade tuna salad. He'll practically climb out of his playpen to get to the tuna! LOL
Go to Top of Page

MamaHumbird
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Holly
Cleveland Missouri
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  7:24:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Norma! I have always wanted a pot bellied pig. I think they are so cute. I think you will fit in just fine here. You said you work in Texas, what do you do there? It sounds like your house would be quite a job too with all your pets. It sounds like you like to sew, what other farmgirl activities do you do?

Holly
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  11:33:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Norma! It really sounds like your little piggie has a lot in common with my three-year-old! What a fun pet - Welcome to the 'Connection - you'll just love it here.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

nouveau_farmchick
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Paris
Sequim Wa
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  07:01:07 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Norma,
I didn't know there were mini pot belly pigs, bet he is cute and sounds like he has quite a personality!

Glad that your part of the group!
Pennie

God bless Farmers
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirl Greetings from Arkansas & Texas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page