Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic
Page: of 15

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  04:42:59 AM  Show Profile

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  09:11:49 AM  Show Profile
Amen on that!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  09:56:35 AM  Show Profile
I second that AMEN!!!

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  3:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
I love to do that at night and just soak in the starlight.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  5:43:44 PM  Show Profile
In honor of the first day of Spring, and in gratitude of the most beautiful Spring day, I feel this quote is appropriate!
"I don't believe the half I hear, nor the quarter of what I see! But I have one faith, sublime and true, that nothing can shake or slay; each spring I firmly believe anew all the seed catalogues say!"
Carolyn Wells

I had to read that quote three times to fully understand, then I laughed. Enjoy Spring!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  6:50:36 PM  Show Profile

Marly, that is a good one! In honor of spring I am posting another photo I took last spring!
Last night was 8 degrees and winds blowing 15-25 mph! Brrrrr!

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  8:22:14 PM  Show Profile
Diane, a beautiful picture! Sorry Spring hasn't made it to your area yet. I'm sure enjoying the beautiful sunny days.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  10:40:41 AM  Show Profile
Diane! Thanks for starting this thread! I've been reading this book too. Two more chapters to go. I'm also wishing for spring today. Have a blessed one!

Curly's Quilts
My website:
www.curlysquilts.weebly.com
My Etsy shop:
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com
My Farmmade shop:
http://www.farmmade.com/curlysquilts

I am a recyclin, home schoolin', home grown, hand sewn kinda farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  11:23:22 AM  Show Profile
Sarah, feel free to share your little gifts on this thread.
Marly, so happy for you to have the nice weather. I know ours is coming soon!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  4:00:10 PM  Show Profile
I am grateful for how nice people can be. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  12:24:01 PM  Show Profile
I am grateful for laughter and to share laughter!!
"A sense of humor...is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life." Hugh Sidey
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  3:29:00 PM  Show Profile
I am so grateful for special friends that will pray for me and my gimpy knee!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  4:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
I am thankful for the beautiful weather we are having. I am also thankful to be close to a stable that gives riding lessons. So I signed up.
I will say some prayers for the gimpy knee too.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  6:02:29 PM  Show Profile
Lori, so happy to see your 'gimpy knee' post! Super hugs to you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  04:13:14 AM  Show Profile
Simply thankful that today, my DH starts his new job!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  09:10:03 AM  Show Profile
Congrats to your DH.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  12:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Yay Diane,
Congrats to the DH. Starting a new job is so exciting.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  12:38:31 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the new job. They can be pretty hard to come by!

I'm thankful for the local community center's pool and the Saturday Water Zumba class. My daughter and I both love to get the exercise and laughs there. It was especially touching to me to see the variety of attendees this week. There were quite a few other mother/daughter pairs. I am so thankful to have an adult daughter to share time with and its good to see others doing the same. There was also a group of deaf ladies, one gal who had to be helped into the pool with a chair system and a sweet lady with Down's Syndrome having a great time.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  1:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Susan,
That sounds like a great class. Enjoy!!
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  4:03:21 PM  Show Profile
Susan, that sounds like fun!
Thanks for all the well wishes. DH recently retired from 28 years in the military. Sometimes hard to find a job after so long in the service, but the retirement pay is not that great.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  06:17:14 AM  Show Profile

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  08:46:16 AM  Show Profile
I am so grateful for friends and for chocolate. I found this perfect quote to include both:
"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." Linda Grayson
Marly

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  11:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Marly,
What a perfect quote for us farmgirls.
Thanks for sharing.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  6:00:50 PM  Show Profile
I am so grateful that God has blessed me with friends like all of you who have left your stamp of love on my heart. Each day, you put the sunshine in my heart and touch my very soul with your joy of laughter, caring and kindness. Knowing all of you and having you in my life has made me who I have always wanted to be. "ME" No holds barr. I am true to who I am and what I believe. I believe in God and I believe in all of you. When I prayed and asked God for good friends, He sent me His finest gems. All of you.

I am one very, very, grateful farm sister.
Hugs and Blessings to all of you.

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  03:46:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey Debbie...ditto!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic One Thousand Gifts-Daily Gratitude Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page