Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Sylvia my 14 yr. old doe crossed over last night
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Sylvia my 14 yr. old doe crossed over last night Next Topic  

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  09:24:05 AM  Show Profile
I had a goat named Sylvia who would have turned 14 in 17 days had to be put to sleep late last night. She has been on pain meds twice a day for her old age pains she was quite frail. It kept her walking and able to get up and down. The past 3 months I would find her down on her side unable to get up.Each time I found her down she would get worse....my daily routine was to check on her every 2 to 3 hours including during the night. This time she went down and broke her pelvic, we knew she was super frail. We new she would not heal it was a total seperation. She was put down at 10:30 last night and buried on the back of our property. It was a long teary night.

She was such a wonderful and best diary goat I have ever owned. I have 2 of her daughters here. She was a silver roan and just a sweetie. She had a really good and long life here and we were honered to have had her so many years. She was born here and was a triplet. RIP my sweet friend.
I am sad for the loss but happy we had her such a long time. Her one daughter Snackcake has some of the same roaning in her and has her sweet personality much like her mother but she is just a bigger doe.
I miss her so much already.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

She is showing her age here but she still looks good.

Edited by - wooliespinner on Dec 18 2012 3:02:56 PM

SandraM
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Sandra
Coldwater Michigan
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  09:31:11 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your goat, Sylivia.

Sandra
www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  09:51:21 AM  Show Profile
Sending you big hugs. It's always so hard when we lose a beloved fur baby. Know your in my thoughts.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  10:01:28 AM  Show Profile
Linda, she did have a great life with you. You are amazing, the patience and love you have for your animals. Don't know if I could have done that. You did all you could for her and I'm sure she knew that all along.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  10:18:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Linda. Your heart sure is heavy this month. I'm so sorry for the loss of Sylvia, I know how you love your goats. Fourteen years with you as a mom was sure a special gift, though. I hope you hold her memory dear and make a home for many other amazing creatures as tribute.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  11:15:05 AM  Show Profile
so sorry for your loss. What a long and wonderful life she had.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  11:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Sorry about your fur baby. It's hard to say goodbye to them.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  12:05:32 PM  Show Profile
Hugs Linda. Im sorry for your loss yet so good to hear that she had such love and care till it was her time. Thank you for your love for one of Gods creatures.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

Simple@heart
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Andrea
Florida
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  2:27:59 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your companion. You certainly gave her wonderful care and I am sure the 14 years she spent on earth were better because you were there! Sending you ((hugs))

~Andrea

Bloom where you are planted
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  3:12:17 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for your loss! What a beautiful picture of Sylvia.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  5:03:37 PM  Show Profile
R.I.P Sylvia! I'm so sorry for your loss, but what a wonderful 14 years I'm sure you had together!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  07:52:09 AM  Show Profile
well i am so sad for you. i know the pain well that you carry today. its true we do know when their time has come. i wish i could come sit with you and support you through today. i think this is the hardest time. the day that goes on with out her feels so empty. so if i could i would be there for you. so sending lots of love and hugs to you this morning. i hope the day passes quickly and tomorrow is brighter hugs, love and a prayer i send out for you.

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  09:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls for all your support and heartfelt wishes. It means the world to me. I am doing okay and moving through the day.I keep wanting to go out and check on her and then it dawns on me she is not there. Its a habit that will take time to undo.
I received a package today from white sheep farm that really lifted my spirits. It was a package of homemade items that Teri made. I had entered her contest and actually won something for the first time in my life. So it has made my day alot brighter. It couldn't have come at a better time.

Sherry I sure do appreciate you very much and wish you could come and visit. That would be such a treat. But I have you here in spirit. Thankyou.

Kristin I do have patience when it comes to animals. I will do what it takes no matter what sometimes at my own expense. Sometimes it just wears me out but I keep on keeping. Sometimes I don't know how I do what I do sometimes except my deep love for animals. I think the Lord put that in me and thats why I am able to do it.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  8:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Linda,
I'm SOOOOOO Sorry you lost your Sylvia! It's just so hard when we have to say goodbye to our four-legged family members.
She looks like she had lots of personality!
I'll be praying for you in this loss!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  02:13:55 AM  Show Profile
Linda,
So sorry to hear about Sylvia ... I know what it is like to be that dedicated. I just lost my Shetland ram lamb. It never gets any easier when you are so close to them. Take care my friend!

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com

Edited by - kysheeplady on Dec 20 2012 02:17:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  03:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Linda - I'm so sorry that your girl Sylvia is gone! How sad! What a wonderful blessing to have had her for such a long time, and to have all those precious memories to carry with you. Sending up a prayer for you and your loved ones. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  04:58:35 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm so sorry for your loss. That is a wonderful photo of Sylvia, and it definitely portrayed her sweet personality. Blessings to you and your critters. Your love for them is so precious and I know they are aware of how much you care for them.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.

"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
"A meal of bread, cheese and beer constitutes the perfect food." --Queen Elizabeth I
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  09:32:23 AM  Show Profile
So sorry you lost your pretty Nubian friend! I hope her daughters are a good legacy for you.

~Hen 4316~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana.
Starting a family and raising up a small ranch using natural resources.
www.mydoterra.com/thurman
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Sylvia my 14 yr. old doe crossed over last night Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page