Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Gosh, could I feel anymore stupid?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Gosh, could I feel anymore stupid? Next Topic  

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  07:44:48 AM  Show Profile
I have spent the better part of the morning crying over a snake. My daughters baby ball python died during the night. Despite a trip and medication and special medicated baths from our local vet, the infection she had was too much for her little body and she passed. I can't stop feeling that if I had taken the time and the money to take her to Va to a reptile vet; she could have been saved. Time and money stopped me. After a life-long fear of snakes its surprising to me how attached I had become to her
R.I.P sweet LilyBelle

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  09:50:20 AM  Show Profile
Connie, I do not think that you should feel stupid. Not at all. I'd be crying like a baby. I am so sorry for your loss. Love is love. Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  10:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
Connie, i agree with Marly. you were mourning the passing of your daughter's friend and you had become attached to her as well. i have cried many times in the same situation. the pain of loss is the pain of loss no matter who or what caused it.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  12:58:06 PM  Show Profile
So sorry Connie and I would be crying too. Sorry for your loss.It doesn't matter what the animal if you loved it thats all that matters. Hugs.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  5:12:02 PM  Show Profile
Connie, You shouldn't feel stupid in any way whatso ever. Snakes are amazing creatures and they have their own personalities like any other creature!

So sorry for the loss of your beloved snake, Lilybelle. I, too, will picture her and Tucker kitty crossing the rainbow bridge together.

Emily

Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  5:40:03 PM  Show Profile
Connie, please don't feel bad. It is easy to question any decisions made at a time like this. As Bear5 said, love is love and that sometimes makes any decision, at any time difficult.

Prayers offered up for you and yours,
Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  04:43:54 AM  Show Profile
Connie, It is so tough to try to be reasonable with animals. Money is important in these hard times and we all have to try to spend wisely. You were looking out for your family, rightfully, when you tried to spend wisely. 20/20 hindsight is a game we all play.

Of course, you miss Lily Belle, every being brings something to our lives. You are not silly at all. Our Ball Python was named (by a three year old) Mdme. Snakey Poo. The name caused a great deal of embarrassment for my teenage son, but he made the deal that his little sister could name the snake if it could live in his room... Again 20/20 hindsight.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  09:20:34 AM  Show Profile
The guilt phase of mourning is natural. It just means that you care. Don't feel bad about the little snake. Everything has a reason and my experience has shown me that if I take an an animal to the vet, more than half the time the animal dies anyway and I am left with a bill I can't pay. Which also causes remorse. Death causes guilty feelings there is no way around it no matter what you do or don't do. Hugs.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  05:10:27 AM  Show Profile
Connie, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. You have every reason to mourn. Sometimes no matter how many vet trips we take, it can't save an animal whose time has come or is just too sick. You did what you could, and sounds like you did plenty.

Big hugs to you!
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  07:41:54 AM  Show Profile
I will often tell pet-owners dealing with the immenent or precarious death of their pet:

It's okay... our wallets will NEVER be as big as our hearts.

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2012 :  09:29:55 AM  Show Profile
I loved my snake when I was a kid! Don't feel silly.

Also, I worked for a Reptile/Herp Vet and he seemed to treat every lizard/snake with an infection with the same med and it usually worked. Baytril. Dosage info here: http://www.anapsid.org/resources/rxdose.html Just for future reference in case anyone may need it in the future. Be sure to convert kg to grams and get an accurate weight on your scaly friend!

~Hen 4316~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana.
Starting a family and raising up a small ranch using natural resources.
www.mydoterra.com/thurman
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Gosh, could I feel anymore stupid? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page