sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  4:25:03 PM  Show Profile
I spent most of today doing my holiday baking and NOTHING turned out right! The peanut brittle burned, the pumpkin bread was raw in the middle,ugh! I have never had this problem with these recipes before, so I cant for the life of me figure out what went wrong. I guess Ill just consider today a "practice" day and start over again tomorrow. Good thing I like to bake!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  4:42:32 PM  Show Profile
Sorry you had a bad baking day. Was it maybe the weather?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  7:07:00 PM  Show Profile
I dont know. Ive made these same recipes for probably 20 years or more and never had a day like this! It was odd and frustrating at the same time. Grrr!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  8:30:30 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, Stephanie, I've had those days, especially with baking. I'm a pretty good cook, but baking gives me trouble. LOL. Don't give up. When I bake pumpkin bread, I always add ten minutes to the time because if I don't, it's mushy in the middle.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  06:16:11 AM  Show Profile
Stehanie I can totally relate! Made FIVE batches of homemade marshmallows but only one batch turned out. Had to throw them all in the trash. Stuff I've made a hundred times turning out awful. I baked two loaves of bread and had to throw them out, don't know what happened but they were awful. Soup that was fabulous last time nobody even wanted it this time and had to throw it out. Go figure, I'm having a terrible run of luck too !

Farmgirl #522

Edited by - neeter302 on Dec 30 2012 12:29:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  09:05:51 AM  Show Profile
I was having problems like this a few years ago....it happened for weeks, things weren't coming out right. Then the oven died! Arg, it was on the fritz that whole time!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  2:34:25 PM  Show Profile
soory all of you that are having problems with all of your baking, maybe the humidity had something to do with it. You shouldn't make fudge when it;s rainy out. Good luck with the rest of your baking.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  2:54:04 PM  Show Profile
It happens to us all Stephanie! Maybe your oven is being fussy, or the humidity is wreaking havoc on your goodies. Good luck having a successful baking day tomorrow!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  12:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Well I'm still on a roll, maybe I should take a break from the kitchen. Christmas morning biscuits and sausage gravy, scorched the gravy, biscuits were dense and dry, blueberry muffins were a flop and I made brownies that ended up in the trash, I don't know what's going on but it's getting rediculous, just call me Ellie Mae Clampett!

Farmgirl #522
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Off To A Rough Start Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page