willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  5:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Yup earwax! I drove by a store today and saw a sign that said Earwax Candles for sale! They were closed and it is a 40 minute drive from my house but I am sure curious! Who collects the earwax? And how do they get enough to make candles? I'm a little grossed out. Anyone know anything?

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  6:16:10 PM  Show Profile
They are not candles made of earwax but a cone made to clean the ear. I use them a lot. They are wonderful. If I am wrong and they are seriously earwax candles, then yeah GROSS!! WAAAY funny though. Here is a site that I came up with when I googled it. No affiliation whatsoever so I cannot vouch for the content. Just looked like a good place to start if you really wanted to know: http://www.coningcompany.com/faq.html

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  6:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Tracey, I've wanted to try the ear wax cones so many times but it scares me to death. I heard it helps clear your sinus passages also. How do you do it? Does the wax come out of the cone? Don't you have to put it in deep? I went to the site you supplied (thank you) but still not sure.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  7:05:48 PM  Show Profile
Michele,

The cone acts as a vacuum to gently, safely draw the wax from your ear. The wax does not come out of the cone. It is a cheesecloth-type fabric dipped in beeswax or parrafin. You do not have to put it in very deep but enough to get a seal so that smoke does not seep out. I am not sure about the sinus passages but it is very soothing and does help when my ears feel clogged or are hurting a bit. If you google ear candles or ear cones, etc. you may find better info than I am supplying :).

Tracey,
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  7:20:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tracey, you've been very helpful. I will read more but it does sound soothing.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  8:38:07 PM  Show Profile
Hahahahaha! Too funny!

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  05:09:56 AM  Show Profile
The ear candles are gerat. Although my ears dont produce alot of wax I have used them several times and liked it. My friends went to the beach and swam in the ocean, afterwards they used the candles and ended up pulling sand out of their ears. Pretty crazy! So they do work.

lilpunkin
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  10:47:15 AM  Show Profile
Haa! That makes SOOOO much more sense! Thanks for the info! You girls always come through!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  7:35:26 PM  Show Profile
My brother has used them, he works with wood and ends up with a lot of sawdust in his ears and it's helped to pull a lot of it out. I'm like michele though, a bit afraid to try to use them. One of these days I'll just have to suck it up and try it out.
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  7:46:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey Liz, It is really fun to see what comes out of your ears. I know, very goofy or gross but we always have a contest to see who has the most wax come out (this helps to encourage our children to sit still for the 10 minutes or so that it takes). I am loving hearing that others have had success with the cones (the sand and sawdust is really wild to hear about!!)

Tracey,

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  8:28:35 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I oh so want to say something but can't think of what to say other than not a normal conversation can someone post a photo I just don't get it.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Oct 08 2006 8:29:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  11:53:59 AM  Show Profile
I can't stop chuckling.... I'm with sunshine on this one!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  08:10:13 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message

This actually shows how it's done.

http://www.earcandle.ca/earcandles.htm

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  3:28:02 PM  Show Profile
Chandra the website tells it all. I have candled and been candled and it is great, very theraputic. I thank you guys for reminding me to purchase more candles for another round!

Loving Living Simply!
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  3:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Becky,
You're right, & it's a great site. I love having my ears candled. I've done family members, but the funniest story was when I brought it up @ Bible Study. There were some eyes rolling and some murmers going on, let me tell you. But luckily someone else that's done it piped in and assured everyone I wasn't crazy...So we did a candleing session (with some seriously "tense" women), but by the end of it all we were giggling & cackling like hens and comparing how gross or how much of someone's ear wax there was. Too much fun, it's become a yearly event.

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9353 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9353 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  5:37:04 PM  Show Profile
My parents introduced us to ear candling and it is wonderful. I get a little nervous when I have it done and someone else has to light the ear candle but it is usually fine. I have sinus trouble most of the year as it seems we are always changing seasons and allergies come up often too. This really does help get the ears cleared out and also seems to help the sinusitis.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

littlegreen
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Katelyn
Spanish Fork UT
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  10:09:31 AM  Show Profile
oh man!! When I read your first post willow tree creek i died laughing!! I have never done ear candle stuff before... but I do know about it. I can only imagine the disgust I would have if I saw that sign and didn't realize what they meant, ewwwww!!!! how funny!
love you all!!

www.littlegreendesigns.com ~ handbound blank books, purses, jewelry, and other fun stuff for the naturist in you!
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic EARWAX??? Candles? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page