texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  07:13:47 AM  Show Profile
What are your kiddos going as for Halloween? Are you making/buying their costumes?

DD is going as a "Glamour Cat" with a pink cat mask, cat-t-shirt, black tu-tu and beaded necklaces and cat "collar". It's cute, I'll post a pic after Halloween. Some is store bought and some is homemade. I usually make part of her costumes. Two years ago, she was a "butterfly fairy". Last year, Halloween was cancelled due to a storm.

What costumes are going on at your house?

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  07:25:19 AM  Show Profile
We have made Violet's costume since her first Halloween (she went as an Owl the first year, a Monarch Butterfly the second and a ladybug the third). We LOVE making her costumes! Unfortunately, this year, she has been bitten by the "princess" bug and that's all we hear about.

When we were on vacation in North Carolina in September, we went to a thrift shop and I found this really lovely Cinderella costume for her dress up box. It's from the Disney Store, so it certainly wasn't cheap when purchased, but the lovely dress, shoes and tiara were $5.00 so I thought it would be a good thing to add to the trunk of tutus and other prissy stuff she already has.

Unfortunately, she can't get it out of her head and that's ALL she wants to wear for Halloween. I finally gave in, bought some little shoes at the thrift and some glittery silver spray paint and we're spraying shoes this weekend. I have some "faux" pearls she can wear, and I'm trying to find some white gloves.

Your little one's costume sounds adorable, Nicole! Halloween is just so much fun, anyway--hopefully the weather will be cooperative for all!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  05:41:47 AM  Show Profile
Jonni, so cute... my dd was a ladybug when she was too, as well. It was one of my favorites. She is going to a Halloween party this weekend, so she will wear her costume, but with the impending storm, we are worried Halloween will get cancelled a second year in a row!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

SandraM
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Sandra
Coldwater Michigan
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  06:17:57 AM  Show Profile
My girls decided on 50s theme.
We were lucky and found poodle skirts at the thrift store. We just need to add new poodles.
We also found a way to make saddle shoes online for cheap.

Sandra
www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  04:02:04 AM  Show Profile
Children are grown...maybe I'll dress up the labradors!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  07:25:35 AM  Show Profile
Our boys always dress in a theme and dh and I work together on their costumes. This year is quite the doozy though. Boys!

We will have:
Business man/Viking Green Lantern
Doctor/Cowboy Green Lantern
Farmer/Roman Green Lantern

I'm not quite sure where they came up with that, but it should make for many fun stories in years to come.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  06:55:23 AM  Show Profile
I never had a bought costume and neither did my daughter. My mother and I always made them. I am not near my grandgirls, so my daughter has always bought their comtumes. This yr Brook is going as the Mad Hatter (cute costume even if it is bought) and Katie is going as a cupcake. We have always called her "Katie Kupcake" so it seems fitting. My daughter did reassure me that they carved pumpkins and she made them roasted pumpkin seeds, and they will have grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup before they go out, so those family traditions are still intact. Thanks for sharing pics-too cute. I love Halloween. Happy haunting. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Halloween Costumes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page