Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Appraisal UPDATE-Living Room Photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Appraisal UPDATE-Living Room Photos Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  6:56:27 PM  Show Profile

One week past the original appraisal date (had to re-schedule) we had it done on Thursday, I thought I'b better take photos of the entire house before "normalcy" came back into the house. These are snaps of my kitchen and dining/great room.

We are hoping to hear what the appraiser thinks the house is worth within the next couple of weeks. Keep your fingers crossed!

Oh...DH said that when the appraiser entered the kitchen he smiled and said "I LIKE your kitchen!" That's always a good sign. I didn't want to hang around for the appraisal so I headed over to our local library until he was done.

More photos to follow!

Living Room:

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com

Edited by - melody on Nov 02 2012 2:55:36 PM

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  7:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Wow Melody- your kitchen/dining room look GREAT! I LOVE it! Good luck with the appraisal, I hope it comes in much higher than you hope!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  7:09:14 PM  Show Profile
I love your kitchen and dining room, Melody! My kitchen cabinets are all white, too, but it doesn't have near the character and charm that yours does! I just love the open shelves... and I think I have the same faucet at my sink! How about that!? LOL! Hope all goes very well with the appraisal! Keep us posted! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  7:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Those darn old cabinets. Finally, after years of constantly closing them (the kids, the husband's arms don't bend that way)so I took the doors off! It helps me keep things NEAT and TIDY! They are soooo tall though-I am usually lugging a dining room chair into the kitchen to reach the top of the shelves. They really didn't believe in counter space 100 years ago. When we knocked down the wall between the dining room and the kitchen I had them build a peninsula where the stove sits with additional counter space. The fridge has always been tucked into that built in. But we opened the wall next to it(it used to be a closet with access from the 2nd staircase accessible from the dining room. I still have most of that closet leading up the back stairs) and I stuffed an antique kitchen cabinet(with a tin bread drawer!) under the shelves. The long 32 drawer cabinet under the kitchen windows I bought at auction at an old school that was closing (My dad was a student teacher there) when we got it home my dad happened to stop by walked into the kitchen and said "Hey...that's my cabinet!" He had the boys at the high school build this for him so his "kids" at school would have a place to keep their "stuff!" I didn't know it at the time I was bidding on it-Nice story huh Nini?

Melody
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  7:31:52 PM  Show Profile
Very nice kitchen, Melody. I hope you hear good news soon. We just refinanced about 6 months ago. Sure did help a lot.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  05:43:25 AM  Show Profile
Very charming and homey! Great job!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  07:16:02 AM  Show Profile
Your home is beautiful! I'm sure the appraisal will come out just fine. Best of luck to you!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  08:26:38 AM  Show Profile
I especially love your sink! That is what I dream of doing in my home someday! Its all very very nice! Good luck on your appraisal. We have to do one in the spring and I'm already getting nervous for it!

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  12:52:52 PM  Show Profile
Alyssa, They are a real pain, but you DO get a lot of stuff done you wouldn't probably get done otherwise. Now if I can just maintain the way it looks now! I have been told to expect a lower appraisal than what we are anticipating as it usually runs that way. Just so long as it is higher than our 1994 appraisal-You'll never guess-only $24,000 Isn't that something? It was pretty bad when we bought it. Only two windows opened in the entire house and both were downstairs. We have done a lot of work over the past 19 years-The house is very sound and very well made-True craftsman at the turn of the century. Someone took a lot of pride when they built it. Can't say that today about quality...Wood was plentiful here especially pine-My floors are all maple with a lot of birds eye maple running throughout. Nice attention to detail as well with the trim and molding, etc. I can't even imagine what it would cost to replicate the work today.

Melody
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  6:58:16 PM  Show Profile
oh mel,
I luv your little writing desk.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  7:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Grace,

I found this at auction many years ago covered in paint and it sat in the house looking pretty sad and OLD-I was just about to throw it to the curb after spring cleaning about 7 years ago when I discovered a label on the back of it. Larkin. This was just at the time I began making and selling hand crafted soap. Apparently, this solid oak desk is referred to as a Larkin piece. They were made available by the Larkin Soap Company. When you bought their products you received a proof of purchase in each package. You could then redeem them to buy a variety of furniture, such as chairs, desks, tables, etc.It gave me goosebumps when I read this, so I stripped the desk clean and used to to store all my By the Bay Soap Company business invoices, etc. That little desk was meant to live in my house all along....

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  06:11:25 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful kitchen. I love the cabinets although I can certainly understand your counter complaint. Hope the appraiser comes back with a nice number for you.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  06:31:17 AM  Show Profile
What a wonderful kitchen, Melody! I just love it. There is so much personality in it. Loved your stories that go with it too. Things are always so much more wonderful if there is a story too. Really like the open cabinets. We have the same dining room table. Good taste ;-)
Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  07:14:12 AM  Show Profile
Joey,

Really?? Isn't that something...

Just this past weekend I took the whole thing outside and stripped the top-stained it with a color called "Ipswich Pine" (even though the table is maple)-put three coats of Butcher's wax on it and repainted the base plus all of the chairs. It looks a lot better now! I bought the table at a rummage sale a few years ago-The son was clearing out his deceased mothers house-The table and his SWEDISH mother were originally from Chicago...I had to have it!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  09:35:03 AM  Show Profile
Yep. Had mine for awhile now. Not sure where I got it. It's in storage (with the rest of my life) and I can't wait to get it back. LOVE your kitchen. I'm having a cup of tea there now (in my mind.)

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  10:07:57 AM  Show Profile
Melody-

Please keep the pictures coming-- your home is beautiful!! You are such a talented farmgirl!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  11:23:50 AM  Show Profile
I love it all. What a great Home you have made.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Appraisal UPDATE-Living Room Photos Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page