texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  06:52:16 AM  Show Profile
Ugh! I just heard what sounded like footsteps on the deck and looked out to see the fattest, furriest squirrel sitting on my rocking chair, eating our pumpkin on the side table!! It's the pretty white one that we weren't going to carve, and it's been gnawed down to a nub!! Had to send the dog out. I tell her it's a "nasty, rascally squirrel" and she chases it up the tree, then comes in all proud, having "de-squirreled". She never catches them, but she did catch a chipmunk once. It sat in her mouth and squeeled while we all told her to "drop it"! When she did, it ran a beeline straight for me, and I thought it would run up my leg! My DH laughed so hard at me he had tears in his eyes. This squirrel was a pretty brazen critter, as it was right by the door. Probably the same one that last week had its nose and paws pressed against the glass door in the kitchen looking in, like "Hey, the bird feeder is empty again!"

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

Edited by - texdane on Oct 25 2012 06:53:43 AM

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  07:39:26 AM  Show Profile
I know squirrels are pests to some, but I love 'em. They are so funny to watch and it amazes me how they can jump from limb to limb without falling and breaking their necks. It does sound like you have a pretty brazen one if he's comfortable enough to get all comfy-cozy in your rocker and munch on your pumpkin! I don't know if it's the winter panic or what, but the squirrels seem to be extra "squirrely" right about now. One climbed up the pole to my mom's feeder and climbed inside. He broke a big piece of the plastic and chewed on some of the other. They haven't touched the feeders all summer, but now they are running around like madmen...practically flying off of things. Funny about the one that presses his nose up against your window when he's looking for feed!

Emily
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Squirrels!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page