Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Farmgirl Chapters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Farmgirl Chapters Next Topic
Page: of 2

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2005 :  3:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Curious creature that I am...I read the farmgirl chapter news on the chatroom homepage and have some questions...What if there are no other farmgirls posting in my state? Is there a handbook or guidebook to get one started? I am excited about this for sure...but am afraid I will be the only chapter in Kansas. Are we recruting others about MJ's food ect.?

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2005 :  4:03:40 PM  Show Profile
E-mail CindyLou, she has info on it and will be mailing it the 1st week in May. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get another girls involved, but then I'll be my own chapter until then!!! :)

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2005 :  4:51:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kim!! I emailed Cindy Lou.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2005 :  7:21:06 PM  Show Profile
oops, I started a new topic before I looked at this one! Sorry, guys, for the redundancy!
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  1:22:57 PM  Show Profile
I saw conversation on the New Home Page thread about the Farmgirl Chapters and how much fun this new farmgirl excursion is going to be. I could not agree more.

Today my daughter agreed to be a farmgirl in the chapter I am starting! Final choice for the name - North Florida Farmgirls. It is easy to say!

I had been pondering many names, but one day as I was driving, I asked for a sign as to the name I should choose. Corny, huh? In the next few seconds, I saw a sign that said North. Yes, I know, many road signs have that word, but I knew in my heart that my request had been granted, and so North Florida Farmgirls it is.

Anyway, if we all are going to come up with ideas for projects, etc. I have an idea to toss out. Here it is. The diocese of our church has a camp in the country, outside of Live Oak, Florida. It is a beautiful and wonderful place. The camp put out a call to all the churches to design and sew a 22 x 22 inch quilt square that represented their church. All of the squares are going to be quilted together to make one large hanging for the dining hall wall. So all of the churches of the diocese will be represented in a colorful quilt.

How about each Farmgirl Chapter, when we all have designs that represent ourselves, doing the same? The finished quilt could then reside at MaryJane's Farm for all to see when folks visit. Also, this project could be the source of lots of newsletter information as it progresses, and an article when the quilt is finished and photographed.

jpbluesky

O, cease to heed the glamour that blinds your foolish eyes,
Look upward to the glitter of stars in God's clear skies.

from God's Garden by Robert Frost

Edited by - jpbluesky on May 10 2005 1:25:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  1:55:11 PM  Show Profile
What a creative idea, Jeannie! And I like the name for your chapter. I'm thinking about naming "mine" the Cascade Bluesky Chapter. Cascade for the mountains here, and bluesky because we usually always have blue skies; however, it's been pouring down rain the last week.. but that's okay, because we sorely needed it. So, farmgirls in Eastern WA state, particularly in the North Central region, how does that sound? (if there are any of you "out there"!)

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  1:59:33 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie-- What a great idea! Sign the Garden State chapter up for a square! Even if it's just me for awhile, I will gladly do that! Let me know when this gets off the ground . A very cool idea!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  3:42:57 PM  Show Profile
Jp-I already have a design in mind for the Kansas chapter! Sign me up for a square also! This is a neat idea and so much fun and creativity!

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  3:46:53 PM  Show Profile
I have this visual of all of us gathered at MJF next summer sitting in the sunshine and cool breeze quiting all of the squares together, drinking fresh tea and eating strawberries from her garden! Heaven!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  4:46:50 PM  Show Profile
For sure put the Sanpete Farmgirls from Utah down for a square. I think I would put a beehive and bees on it (we are the beehive state) that would be fun..I LOVE the idea of us doing a quilt!! I bet MaryJane herself would think it was a good idea too!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  6:34:29 PM  Show Profile
"The Olympic Sunshine Gals" here, I think. So far that is the only name I can come up with. We farm all the valleys of the Olympic mountains around here and any place on the slopes we can get something to grow. I think our logo will be a simple line drawing of a farm house on the side of a hilly pasture with Llamas, sheep and goats grazing and the ever present Eagle flying overhead. How does that sound?
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 10 2005 :  8:19:15 PM  Show Profile
This quilt is appearing in my mind. I can see beehives, a farmhouse on a hillside, even perhaps a pair of red ruby slippers...just guessing, Meadowlark! :)

When the time is right, I hope Cindylou and MJF and all at the farm will be open to this idea!

jpbluesky

Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - May 11 2005 :  12:10:38 AM  Show Profile
Clare, Your chapter name sounds great, I do agree, as another eastern washington resident that we usually do have blue skies. Yesterday we had a very rare tornado warning here, and I haven't seen this much rain in years. I am looking forward to seeing how these chapters develop. Keep me posted!!!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 11 2005 :  05:11:26 AM  Show Profile
You are real close JP...Yes there is a pair of ruby slippers and they are filled with sunflowers and wheat against a sky blue background.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 11 2005 :  06:03:28 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, that is so cool! You guys and your blue skies! Personally, I love blue skies!

Eileen - If you are still trying to come up with a variety of choices for your name (although I like the one you mentioned above), I remember your nearby town is Quilcene. What does that word mean and where does it come from? Is it Indian? It has such a beautiful sound to it.

jpbluesky

Edited by - jpbluesky on May 11 2005 06:06:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - May 11 2005 :  12:55:39 PM  Show Profile

Hello to all of you absolutely amazing farmgirls!!
I just knew that the Farmgirl Chapters would be oodles of fun and that the leaders would be brimming with creativity and ideas galore.
Your enthusiasm for making quilt squares with your individual chapter "theme" is fabulous! And then in true blue farmgirl fashion you want to consider sending it to the farm - I'm speechless.
Perhaps it could be sent around to the chapters when it is completed, so you all could see the fruit of your labors.
It will be interesting to see what unfolds ~~
I am sure Eileen will enjoy staying here at the B & B alternative experience - that's what I call it. Love to all! Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 11 2005 :  3:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up for an Illinois Prairie Chapter square!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 18 2005 :  05:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I am a chapter of one at this point! But I am seriously considering the name Steel Magnolias. I live 30 minutes from the town the movie is set in (and filmed in) I personally know and love Weezer! My daughter lives there, I am a member of the Green Market there...in any event sign me up for a quilt square...send me the info!

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Soulmate to Jerry for 30 years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life" ~ Bilbo Baggins

If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you need to seriously re-examine your life.
Go to Top of Page

pnwchica
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Suzy
WA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - May 18 2005 :  06:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Send pnwchica an AOL message
Good Morning Y'all,

Thought I'd have my cup of coffee and read the happenings @ MJs. I'm still a chapter of one ... waiting for someothers to decide. We definitely have blue skies in Eastern Washington and Thank God!!! we've had lots of rain. I'm mulling around a couple ideas for group names. I'm finishing up a quilt for my beau and it represents the blue skies of the Palaouse that seem to always be filled with stars, his wheat fields, red barn, and work shirts (that worn plaid look that he favors). I'm just about done with that. It'll be fun to put a square together. I'm already thinking either thinking something to do with the grain raised in the Palouse or if I get my friend to join, her husband is a shoer to we might do something with horsehoes and my beaus cattle! There is no limit to our creativity. Well I'm off to work!

Looking for new beef recipes, frugal & gardening tips, farmhouse remodeling & ez home recipes.
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - May 18 2005 :  11:33:42 AM  Show Profile
Clare: I am in Eastern WA near the Idaho border! I'd love to be a part of the Cascade chapter. Wish we were closer though!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 18 2005 :  11:34:57 AM  Show Profile
Nichol, I'll email you... let's discuss the possibilities!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

pnwchica
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Suzy
WA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - May 18 2005 :  9:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Send pnwchica an AOL message
Nichol,

So far I'm a chapter of one. I'm in Eastern Washington, work in Spokane and live in Rosalia. I spend alot of time in Colfax. If you'd like to join up we could start our chapter; I've already received the paperwork. Please feel free to email me.

Bless,
Suzy

Looking for new beef recipes, frugal & gardening tips, farmhouse remodeling & ez home recipes.
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - May 21 2005 :  4:23:46 PM  Show Profile
I too am a "chapter of one" and thinking of a name...unfortunately I don't have a lot of girlfriends locally - worked for over 25 years with mostly men! Most women I know are not "into" this type of lifestyle...sometimes I wonder what they do all day, it's not cooking, sewing, gardening, reading and all of our other interests.

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 23 2005 :  05:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Cecelia - Have you come up with your name yet? Do not worry about being a chapter of one. MAny of us are here, and we are all one big group on this site as we share things anyway.

I think I may have my daughter to join with me, so we will be a chpater of two!

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  2:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OK I am slow- how do I find if there is a chapter in my area?? Thanks for the help or rather pointing me in the right direction.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  3:33:08 PM  Show Profile
YOU ARE JUST AT THE START OF THE CHAPTERS BEGINNING. YOU CAN REQUEST A PACKET FROM CINDYLOU ON THE OPENING PAGE OF THE CHAT FORUM OR YOU CAN JUST ASK WHO IS IN YOUR AREA THINKING OF STARTING ONE. RIGHT NOW WE ARE JUST RECEIVING PACKETS AND INFO AND LEARNING ABOUT THE WHOLE IDEA SO YOU HAVE JOINED AT A GREAT TIME , NONE OF US HAVE GOTTEN TOO FAR AHEAD YET!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Farmgirl Chapters Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page