Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Your Top Five Fall Favorites...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Your Top Five Fall Favorites... Next Topic
Page: of 2

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  08:23:07 AM  Show Profile
1. that blessed chill in the air-really felt it this morning & had to don my long sleeve nightgown & hand knit wrap.

2. Pumpkin scented candles,pumpkins,crows,the whole Fall/Halloween decor bit.

3. flannel sheets,PJ's,hand knit ankle warmers,winter slippers,neckwarmers,long sleeve shirts and felt cowgirl hats.

4.home made breads,hot herbal tea,practicing Yule carols,cocooning in the cozy house.

5. seeing the leaves change color,the trees going bare,raking the leaves,and making soups.

http://www.mandolinbabe.biz

https://www.facebook.com/MandolinBabesPickinParlour

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin,uke strummin,banjo pickin, autoharpin' & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  09:17:07 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking of all of you ladies and the things you love about autumn while my dad's dog Lacey and I went for our walk last night. We've been walking down this pretty little dead-end road on the outskirts of town that my friend Crafter introduced me to. It had been a gray day yesterday. The gray in the sky made the fall colors that are peeking out so much more prominent. There was that autumn chill in the air and a breeze blowing through the cattails. When we first started out, I could see the 3 albino deer I've been longing to catch a closer glimpse of crossing the road in the distance. I always feel this happiness in my heart when I see them, even if it isn't a close view. We saw sandhill cranes fly over us, trumpeting as they flew. The sun setting cast a beautiful glow over the grasses and trees. On our way back down the road, there were big gray clouds consuming the sky, but you could see the beautiful oranges and pinks of the sunset bursting through. It was so beautiful. It gave me that peaceful, warm feeling that autumn gives you. I wish you all could have been there with us :)

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  12:04:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh! Em! I feel like I was right there with you in spirit! To me, that's heavenly! I almost can smell the fresh air! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience!

Lindsey - one of my favorite things about fall is rainy days by candlelight with orchestral music softly playing in the background... SO relaxing, so "home." :)

Sherrie - I'm so goofey! I love flannel sheets so much, we use them year round! LOL! But there really is something special about cozying up under them on a cool fall night... You're so right!

It's rainy outside, the air is brisk, everything is damp and gray and yet vivid and glowing. Inside, it's warm and cozy. Now that school is out for the afternoon, I'm going to pull out one of my favorite throws, make myself a nice hot cup of tea, light the MacIntosh candles and immerse myself back into "The Aeneid" for the rest of the afternoon. I just love love LOVE days like this!

Happy, happy day, girlfriends!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  12:06:12 PM  Show Profile
Marlee - I keep forgetting to ask... What is fried pumpkin? How do you make it? Sounds scrumpdillicious! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1692 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1692 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  3:36:41 PM  Show Profile
Emily, I felt like I was right there with you walking and seeing everything you saw. It sounds so beautiful.
Laurie

"Smile and be yourself everyday"
Country girl at heart
Laurie

Aprons and More by Laurie is on my FB page
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  5:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Nini and Larie, I'm so glad you could at least be there with me in spirit!

Nini, I love that you created this thread. Autumn is seriously my favorite time of year. It must be something in the air. I've been enjoying hearing about what everyone loves about the season! I can hear the excitement in your writing that tells me how much you love it too!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  6:06:53 PM  Show Profile
Fall is also my favorite season. Always has been. I wrote a poem when I was in high school--kind of sums up my feelings:

Autumn came in on a breeze yesterday,
The sun was dim, the sky was gray
I knew it was fall cause I heard the wind say:
Summer is going away

Then summer went out and autumn stepped in
And I haven't felt the same since then
Things are different that what they've been
And autumn is here again

Now hear the trees rustle their leaves,
Red and gold are all around
The moon is bright, the time is right
For this autumn feeling I found

A brisk tingle is in the air
You can feel it everywhere
An expectant feeling delicious and rare,
Almost too much to bear

Now the trees shiver, see the leaves quiver
And frost is on the ground
The moon is bright, the time is right
For this autumn feeling I've found.

I might add that one of the things I loved about autumn when I was younger was playing in the marching band at football games and band competitions.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Your Top Five Fall Favorites... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page