Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 FYI...cleaning garland and greenery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic FYI...cleaning garland and greenery Next Topic  

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  1:44:10 PM  Show Profile
You ladies most likely already know this, because you all are so smart, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I work at a vacation Cabins business, and we have to keep the fake plants, greenery and garland clean and fresh. And this time of year we are preparing to change from summer to fall decor. So here's a tip.

Wash your greenery in the dish washer. Just lay them out on the racks, set to rinse, or wash thru a whole cycle with dishsoap and no heat. Then open the door and let dip dry. (we actually take them outside to dry faster) Make sure you don't use any heat, as this may melt the plastic.

At home I hand wash my garlands in the sink and hang outside to dry, as we don't have a dishwasher. So if you have a dish washer and alot of greenery to wash, this gets it done in a snap!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233

SallyT
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Sarah
Buford Georgia
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  2:46:43 PM  Show Profile
Sounds great. Do you know of an easy way to clean fake arrangements? I have some that are not plastic but dried. The dishwasher idea sounds wonderful, going to try it.

Sarah

Warmth of Friendship Necessary for Life
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  8:03:14 PM  Show Profile
I had always heard to put fake flowers in a paper bag with some salt and shake the bag. I don't have fake flowers,so I done know how well it works.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

SallyT
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Sarah
Buford Georgia
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  04:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Thank you. Will try it first with a small grouping. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Sarah

Warmth of Friendship Necessary for Life
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic FYI...cleaning garland and greenery Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page