Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 went to- dr things changing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic went to- dr things changing Next Topic
Page: of 2

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  07:37:45 AM  Show Profile
i went for my 3 month check. it came back not so good. darn my iron levels and red cells are down. i knew i was worse. things are just harder now. so i used to get iron infusions 3 to 5 days a week to stay alive. no one knows where mt iron goes. usually the body recycles iron. nope not me. geez. the infusions take a normal human 15 minutes. it takes 5 hours for me. i crash on them. my body rejects it. so i have to have steroids etc. as if i am getting chemo.after many different kinds of dr.s tried to figure me out here we are. i have porphyria. some of you know that. so the theory is my body knows it hurts to make blood. so it throws out the iron. i have sold my goats. i have 2 buck kids to go then i have my 2 girls. i cried like crazy but i walked ginger and betty to my friends. they are i hope temporarily there. they are still crying for me when i walk the cows to pasture. i am selling some of the white parks. i am loaning isabella my 2 teat jersey to my relief milker. she will go as soon as we confirm her bred. so slowing down here for awhile. i must admit i am sooo scared. i have crashed 4 times. i was doing this for 8 years every week. i was able to stop for about a year. what fun it has been. so now reality check. back in the saddle so to speak. it is a fight to stay alive sometimes. so this is scarey for me. i am so hoping i only need a few infusions to get my iron topped off. sure not what i had planned. i am sooo grateful they can even do this for me. it keeps me around. when they first caught this i was 4.9. normal is 14 to 18. i am between a 9 and a 10 right now for hemoglobin. so i could use an energy boost for sure. we have tried homeopathic herbal even raw liver to no avail. so my journey starts in a day or two.

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  08:01:05 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, you are in my thoughts.

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  08:58:49 AM  Show Profile
Sherry you are in my prayers for healing.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  09:16:40 AM  Show Profile
...praying for you Sherry.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
My Blog: following my heart, dreams and Jesus ~http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ~http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  09:29:38 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you during this time.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  12:11:28 PM  Show Profile
Prayers being sent your way. Hope all turns out well.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  12:29:56 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, my goodness, I am so sorry to read about all this. Are you just going to take a break for awhile or quit altogether with the animals? I sure wish I lived near you so I could help out. I will be praying this works for you and you are back to normal really soon. I know you love the animals and doing all you do there. But sometimes we just need to step back and heal. So do that. Just rest and let everyone take care of your animals for you. And when you feel better you can start back slowly. So take care for now and please let us know how you are. Sending lots of hugs and good thoughts your way.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  12:41:38 PM  Show Profile
Thinking of you.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  2:19:03 PM  Show Profile
hey there girls, i am slowing down but never quitting. i will milk penny for now. we still have the poultry and pigs. sure will be good to get some energy back. i found out today dr. wants me to wait till he is in town on the 10th to start. he wants to be here in case of a challenge. so have a bit of a wait. thanks so much for the love and support. happy days ahead sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

SallyT
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Sarah
Buford Georgia
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  2:50:26 PM  Show Profile
sherrye,

My prayers are with you.

Sarah

Warmth of Friendship Necessary for Life
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  3:05:39 PM  Show Profile
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  4:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye,
I am praying and sending healing thoughts your way. It is smart of you to slow down a little eventhough it is painful to let some animals go. It is really important for you to take care of yourself right now.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  6:46:20 PM  Show Profile
I hate to hear of anyone who is hurting in anyway but I will send warm and positive healing thoughts upward and outward and on their way to your door. Slowing down to take care of ourselves instead of taking care of all the other ones we love is a tough thing for a farmgirl but sometimes necessary. If you take good care of yourself now hopefully in a short period you will be feeling much better again and back to those things you love most to do.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  02:49:15 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye,
I can imagine how hard it is to say good by to your animals for now. But, I agree with you that you must slow down and put your health first. So glad you enjoyed your "year off." My prayers are with you as you start this phase on the tenth. I do hope you will post and keep us updated on your progress. I am so sorry for your troubles.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  4:30:09 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, Good thoughts and Prayers going your way. Sounds like you are one tough lady. Best thing is to take care of you. You have lots of friends pulling for you.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  07:02:14 AM  Show Profile
oh farmgirls, thanks so much for the love i am tired today. it is from a busy sat. we have been getting ready for this. so fine tuning feeding etc. so lisa came yesterday. we had to run freckles in. she is a heifer due to calve in dec. she was hiding a lot. i had a fly mask on her. BAD FIT so it cut into her ears. we had to haul a 14 foot gate over to pasture. i had tried the day before. so yesterday it worked like clock work. she ran right in the corral. we coaxed her into the head catch. i was shocked her ears were so bad. we sprayed them with fly stuff for screw worms. i hope she heals fast. learning as we go here. i am feeling like we are getting enough done so i am not so worried about things. i get very sick when i get the infusions. we still have some stalls to clean. it is going to be a beautiful day today. just the right temp. so thanks girls for the love. happy days to you sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  07:33:11 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye!
So sorry to hear this! You and Marsha and others from back in our retired health forum have been on my thoughts lately. Was going to send you an email and now run across your posting!
You will be in our hearts and prayers!
You are strong and a fighter and an encouragement to so many of us thru the years.

Hang in there and know we all will be thinking of you! Keep us updated when you can!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  8:18:15 PM  Show Profile
prayers are being sent for you and please keep us posted on your progress. I have some relatives with similar to what you are going through and it is tough...

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2012 :  8:08:27 PM  Show Profile
well we sure have gotten a lot done here. we have tried to get things so others could do chores. so tomorrow the pig pens get cleaned. i have one day left. we also modified the laundry room. he is going to move my dishwasher for jars in there too. the can weighs a lot when there is 7 gallons of fresh milk in it.LOL

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  02:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, Praying for you now that the big day is here. Hope you have peace of mind about your animals and you can concentrate on regaining your health and stamina.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  11:03:45 AM  Show Profile
Praying continues here in Se Indiana for you dear friend. I am sending as many well wishes and positive thoughts your way as I can. Please be patient and take the best of care so as to return to the things you love doing as quickly as you can. Life is sometimes such a long, tough journey but I know that the end results of your treatments will return you back to where you need to be.

Prayers, smiles and gentle hugs.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  12:09:00 PM  Show Profile
well girls i got the day wrong. so i am off to get the infusion today. be home around 5 thanks so much for the love.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  9:08:02 PM  Show Profile
i am home. sick but good. so i will share tomorrow. thanks so much for the love

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  1:05:24 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirl hugs. So glad you are home at least, as we all know there is no place like home even when you aren't feeling well. Hope is an amazing thing so I'm sending hope your way in all its forms along with prayers and love.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  06:47:08 AM  Show Profile
well a new day, i am very weak and feeling frail. BUT i know its temporary. it feels good to get it done. i may need more maybe not. we wait and see how much gets used. for the first time in years i never stepped out the front door yesterday. friends helped me. i never did a single chore. we have a fine neighbor family. she is learning the farm. we trade food and some cash for her help. well yesterday she did all my chores. my relief milker milked. t.c. is the neighbors name. she is coming today to help again. i am on my own for milking. so we shall see how it goes. i will use the car to bring them in.

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  11:44:31 AM  Show Profile
It is wonderful that you have some caring neighbors who are gracious enough to help you. Do be careful when you are out milking it wouldn't do for you to fall. Slow and steady my friend. My grandmother use to say if it's not there still tomorrow I won't have to worry about doing it I guess...LOL Tell the cows and goats that (teehee) when they need milked they are very moody if it doesn't get done.
Well wishes to you.

Malena
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic went to- dr things changing Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page