Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Cute thing my DD4 said today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cute thing my DD4 said today Next Topic  

Clothcraze
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Kristina
CT
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  5:00:23 PM  Show Profile
We went up to see the agent about making an offer on our farm (I like to refer to it as "ours" already, making what we want to be, "be" )

Anyway, I told her we were going to our farm. When we pulled in she said, "this is not a farm! Farms are RED!!"

I looked at DH and told him, "well, I guess we know what color to paint the farmhouse!".

Would a green metal roof look goofy on a red house?!?!?

Kristina
Mama of 5
Seeker of a simpler life

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  5:30:37 PM  Show Profile
A little Christmasy I think but certianly whimsical and easy to give directions to(we're in the red house with the green roof, you can't miss it). The chicken coop could be red. I hope they accepted!!
Kel
Go to Top of Page

Clothcraze
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Kristina
CT
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  5:36:38 PM  Show Profile
Maybe a royal blue roof then. We need a trademark.

Kristina
Mama of 5
Seeker of a simpler life
www.clothcraze.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  5:38:46 PM  Show Profile
a friend of ours in ky has a barn red house with dark green trim (grey-ish tin roof) .. and it is WONDERFUL!!!!!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  5:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I think that is wonderful those are the colors I want for a barn house of my own.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2006 :  8:06:26 PM  Show Profile
Kristina,
So exciting - when do you find out if the offer is accepted? When I get my farm, I would love to have a red barn as a shopfront - I was thinking rust coloured roof, but maybe green would stand out more!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Clothcraze
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Kristina
CT
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  12:54:13 AM  Show Profile
I don't know. The scary thing is that the agent said he would call the owner first and tell him he needed to be more realistic about what he expected to get for the house BEFORE he would tell him about our offer.

I'm afraid the poor guy is going to have a heart attack with how low it is.

We are thinking of negotiating in terms of 1000 dollar increments, I'm thinking HE'S thinking more like increments of 25k!! The value of the home on yahoo real estate is only 215k. He's asking 299k. We offered 200k to start. Even the agent said it shouldn't be listed for more than 249k.

The farmhouse is only 945sf and it's in need of updating. We will have to side, roof, refloor, extend etc the entire home, plus add a garage, plus rebuild the barn. The property is nice, but we aren't buying it to subdivide so the frontage is of no value to us as a marketing piece. 2 acre lots go for 50k up there. So without the house (which in the agents opinion should just be torn down) it's only worth 200k.

It's a long shot, but we are hoping because he's been out of state for 2 years, he's had no offers and it's so far "out there" in terms of accessibility that he will be able to realize that the property is only worth what he can get for it. No one will pay what he's asking. In 2 years we are the ONLY offer he's rec'd. Here's hopin' he'll accept.

We are willing to negotiate up to 225k we think, there is also the possibility that my ILs might want to go in on it with us which would increase our buying power.

We just had to lower the asking price on our home too. The market is just not good right now.

Kristina
Mama of 5
Seeker of a simpler life
www.clothcraze.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  08:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Hope things go your way Kristina. We waited almost 6 months to get into our place, I guess the Good Lord just though we needed an exersize in patience. I think a red house with a green roof would be super cute with some green trim or shutters...kinda European cottage.

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

Clothcraze
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Kristina
CT
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  08:54:45 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Trina. We are looking at it as if it's meant to be, it will happen, with no added effort or anxiety from us. The worst he can say is no, right?

There were a lot of other things we looked at before this one and for one reason or another, they didn't work out. We figure it's because something better was out there. Either this is it, or the "something better" is still out there and just beyond this "something".

Tryin' to keep positive and trust what's meant to be.

Kristina
Mama of 5
Seeker of a simpler life
www.clothcraze.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  6:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Kristina, We are kind of going through the same thing here with a little farm too. We have made two offers both of which were low and they have turned them both down however they have had no other offers on the place either. It's only been on the market 6 months but I'm hoping no one else is looking at it and the sellers begin to think of us. They aren' t living there any more but I think they can afford to sit on it for a while. You are in a much better position with the place being on the market for 2 years. He'd be crazy not to accept your offer. Good luck with selling your house too although I have to secretly hope the housing market stays down so our offer looks more attractive, sorry. I agree, I have to hope the Good Lord has a plan and if it's meant to be , it's meant to be. But deep down I'm really hoping! You have the right attitude, I'll think of your wise words of wisdom when I start to get disappointed. I hope you weren't offended by my Christmasy remark earlier, I didn't mean it the way I think it came across, I think red and green would be lovely. Sorry if I offended anyone. I like the european cottage idea. Keep us up to date.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

Clothcraze
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Kristina
CT
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  6:52:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh pish posh, Kel! You didn't offend me for sure! No problem.

Christmas-y is fun and charming!

Kristina
Mama of 5
Seeker of a simpler life
www.clothcraze.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cute thing my DD4 said today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page