~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  09:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Do you only look in a certain forum, such as sewing or across the fence?

Do you click on Active Topics to see what happens in each forum?

I click on Active Topics so that I don't miss out on anything.

Just curious to see how you read posts!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin almost 3 and Andrew 6 months!!

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  09:48:13 AM  Show Profile
i click on ACTIVE TOPICS first ... then .. hit a few of those ..
then if i have time (after doing some reply posts .. or NEW posts)
i'll visit the stitching room and reading room .. if there are no new active topics.
there is almost always something 'active' in 'across the fence' .. which is where i look first.
sometimes i'll visit garden and holidays too.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  11:05:33 AM  Show Profile
I always read active topics first, choosing those that are of interest. If I dip back in soon after and no new actives are listed, I'll choose to display all since yesterday, to see if I missed anything. Occasionally I'll visit the stitching room and garden gate to peruse old postings.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  11:21:13 AM  Show Profile
I go to the active posts and then if there is a topic I have been interested in that isn't visible there, I go to it's forum.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  12:09:06 PM  Show Profile
I PRETTY MUCH DO IT THE WAY KATIE DOES.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  1:40:09 PM  Show Profile
I always go to active topics first for sure..and then visit my old favorite topics as I have time. I especially love stitching and reading room and over the fence!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  2:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes I just have time to check the 4 topics at the connection page- then when I can actually sit for a spell, I check out the active topics. When I finish those, it's off to the places that strike my fancy-Across the Fence is always first!!

Karin

Edited by - Mumof3 on Sep 24 2006 7:09:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  2:29:02 PM  Show Profile
I am not sure I inderstand about active topics.....I am not one who know a lot about computors......I can not understand why I have over 200 replys from MJF site every day all day..?????any one care to try and help me....

margie
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  3:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
you have subscribed to them new heart at the top of the page it reads

New Topic Reply to Topic
Subscribe to this topic
Unsubscribe to this topic
Send Topic to a Friend
Printer Friendly

If you are getting posts replys that you don't want follow link in email and click on unsubscribe to topic and you will stop getting those posts. You must have clicked on it on accident I have done that before when I go to click on reply to topic

forgot to say you can go to MY Subscriptions at the top of the page. click on it then look at all the things that are sending you emails and unselect the things you don't want emails from I go through mine about once a month and edit.
have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Sep 24 2006 3:53:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  3:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I go to active topics first as that is my home page then look at those then go to stitching room or barter room. Them I just look around. If I have already looked around and gone to other sites I go to stitching room first them look at active topics.

my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  3:45:19 PM  Show Profile
Also Margie, I noticed that there is an option to "Subscribe to this Forum" at the top of each main forum page. You might be subscribed to several forums and getting all posts sent to your inbox.

Active topics is at the top right of the page and when you click on it, it will bring up all threads (or main posts) that are being replied to within the past given time (you can select, on the lefthand side, if you would like to see the active topics from say: the past 12 hours, you can select that). hOpe this helps and doesn't further confuse.
You don't have to know a lot about computers, just look at all the links available on this particular board and see what they do. YOu cannot mess anything up by checking it out. Then you might be able to really navigate chat boards a bit better. Hope that helps familiarize you a bit too so you can really get to chattin :)

Tracey,
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  3:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, I will try to see what I have done wrong (as usual)....

newheart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  3:57:52 PM  Show Profile
Margie - you have not done anything wrong! So many of us had the same thing happen when we first started posting! You can unsubscribe, and the emails will stop being overwhelming.

I always go to active topics too, to see what has been discussed since the last time I visited. Then I look for certain topics I have poasted on that I want to catch up on. Overall, I find this site very easy to navigate.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  4:26:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh Margie, I hope I didn't cause you to feel as though you did something wrong!! You have done nothing wrong, it is just all in figuring out how boards work. Once you figure it out, like jpbluesky said, it won't be so overwhelming. I am really sorry to have made you feel that way!!!! (((HUGS)))

I do like to subscribe to some that I reply to so that I will remember to read follow-up posts.

Tracey,
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  4:45:16 PM  Show Profile
I always go to active topics. Then it's the kitchen or stitching room first. Then I read all the others.

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  4:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Margie I hope you don't feel like you have done something wrong it is easy to click on the wrong thing I still do it after 6 months. It is not hard to fix them you won't get tons of email saying that so and so replied to a topic. You can just go when you feel like it and see who replied. I hope you are feeling better than a week or so ago. Don't worry to much about this I bet every single one of us has subscribed unconsiously to something we didn't actually want emails from.

Lots of love and hugs
sunshine

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2006 :  9:15:15 PM  Show Profile
I'll have to raise my hand as one unwitting subscriber to a LOT of topics when I first started posting! I do admit, however, I felt so popular all of the sudden (hee hee)!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  02:15:42 AM  Show Profile
I know what you mean...I thought "Goodness, I am fairly new on this site (just since august) and I am getting all this "mail" and like a twit trying to read it.....I think I see the "problem"...will correct it now....too many topics, not enough time......

hugz,:) xxoo

margie
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2006 :  06:43:35 AM  Show Profile
It is good to be loved

Tracey,
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  3:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
Margie, That's the way I have mine set up because that's the way I want it set up. That way if I'm out of town for a few days, I don't miss anything. But I don't read every thing and I do read fast. I start with my newest email and go through them that way. For instance I looked at the one about the beautiful quilt Aunt Jenny made for her daughter. I read all the messages I hadn't read yet and now as I go through the emails I just delete any in that thread because I have already read them. I also skip some things. Like right now there is an active topic called diaper pail. Well I'm over 50 and I don't have any kids so I don't need any info about diaper pails so I just delete all those messages. Some times I can't believe how fast I get through a pile of emails.

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic How do you read posts? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page