Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed! Next Topic
Page: of 7

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  12:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Connie,
I'll swap with ya' as well . . . wanna!
Let me know
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  12:53:33 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I posted about 2 hours ago to thank 3 more Farmgirls for their pictures and poof! It disappeared! Just had to go take a nap after that one! So, I'll try again...

Netty, I really liked your picture! You look so sunny and friendly. Just like your posts! Thanks for the tucks also!

CJ, Your photos came too. Something from 3 different aspects of your life. What a talented photographer you are! Thanks so much for sharing!

And, Peggy! What can I say, girl! You look like a little bit of a thing next to your Larry! Thanks so much for your note and tuckin and for hosting this swap!

I'll swap with ye also, Connie!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  1:18:26 PM  Show Profile
Connie....you know I will absolutely swap with you. I had wondered why you hadn't signed up?????????

Love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 08 2012 1:21:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5073 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5073 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  1:45:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Farm Sisters! my daughter got married 2 weeks ago and the heat was so bad here this summer, I got behind in everything!! I don't even have a pic! if I can get one before too much times goes by ,I will email you! Thanks! I should have know not to say anything,cause that is the way us farm sisters are!! always want to take care of each other!! Now Tammy C. knows my voice, if I call her in the middle of the night! LOL!!!! BIG HUG!!! Connie

Imagine....#3392!
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  2:32:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, I know your voice and I've seen your beautiful photos too! You can't escape Connie!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  11:41:46 AM  Show Profile
My, I received four more photo swaps last weekend. So excited to open each envelope.
PeggyAnn (LadyInRed) such a beautiful picture of you and your husband. Love your note. You and Larry are to be commended in spreading the good news of Christ and his love for us.
Thanks for the beautiful tag.
Marlena (desperadosdream) such a pretty pic of you . Such a pretty spot for a photo. Thank you for the press ons. I am going to use them on a journal that I do. I do hope that it will not be long
until you have your own spot of dirt. We gals don't need much space to grow our plants and food.
CJ, wow, You and MaryJane in the same photo. That must have been exciting. You and your daughter's Glamping must be so much fun.Your post card was so pretty. Do you
live close to the San Juan Range? I love, love your piano. Wish I had one again. You are such a pretty lady. Your happy life reflects in your face.
Lynette(Netty) Thank you so much for the photo of you, the tea (it was very good) and the recipe cards. You are a pretty lady. I bet those are grandkids in the pictures behind you. The one
in the far left looks a little like you.
I am so enjoying this swap. Our lives are so much alike. What makes us so interesting is the faces. Different faces but loving and doing the same projects. Can't wait to go to the mail box to see if there are more photos.
Take care, sending hugs to each of you.
Patsy

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  11:48:02 AM  Show Profile
Connie, I will be glad to swap with you. I have extra and will mail you my photo. Email me. We live somewhat close together.
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  12:51:49 PM  Show Profile
Madeline,
Mailed your Mail Art this afternoon.
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  2:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Patsy,
Thanks for your compliments! Actually the photo of the San Juan mountains is the view out of my kitchen window . . . lucky me, huh??!!

And, it was totally awesome to meet Mary Jane. Also in that photo is my daughter, ROBIN, next to Mary Jane, and Mary Jane's daughter, MEGAN, next to me. We were at the farm in the "Plum Pit" as guests at a tea party last summer which was the finale to our Farmgirls on the Loose/Women of the Wild West Road trip. Robin and I stayed the MJs' Outpost B&B for a few nights, had the most, exquisite and awesome breakfasts, slept in an antique bed with yummy MJ sheets and stuff, bathed in the clawfoot tub on our tent porches . . . it was wonderful!!!
I hope we can do it again sometime!

Anyway, Mary Jane and I "traded" daughters just for a few fun, sweet moments . . . we had the best time!
Thanks again!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  4:26:20 PM  Show Profile
Malena/desperadosdream, I did receive your picture and letter today. I've always loved the word "desperado". It just has a wild/romantic sound to it. I've wondered what you looked like...having claimed that as your moniker. What a lovely picture. Is that a covered bridge? Pretty scenery. Thank you for the tucks. I'll use them to decorate a box for some pretties. I think you are lucky to be able to be a homemaker and homeschooler. Big job on both counts! I would love your beet jelly recipe! Thank you. (Bet its very pretty.) I called my jellies "weird" because that's what most of the people I am around call them. My family and I are not of the same ilk. I notice they will take my jelly and put it to the back of the cupboard. Especially dandelion. Silly people. Thanks again.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  8:59:00 PM  Show Profile
Judith, Thank you so much for your kind words. I have always used Desperados Dream because I have always had big dreams of living a life different to what many people would consider "normal" in this modern world. I have always wondered if I have been born in the wrong era. I was very much a loner growing up not because I did not desire to have friends but because I was always considered somewhat of an outcast I suppose. I did'nt seem to fit in with any of the cliques at school, wasn't athletic, had no desire to party or carry on as many of the kids did and I've never understood why people couldn't just be kind to everyone (silly me). I finally learned after several hurts and wrong choices in trying to be what everyone thought I should be that hard lesson of searching for happiness from within instead of expecting that it would come from outside sources. When we are young we often feel as if the whole world and our entire futures will rest on one moment or event, everything seems like such a big thing to us. As we age and gain knowledge and insight into what really matters in this life we definitely gain perspective. I have learned that what others thing of me is not nearly as important as what I think of me and how my children see me. That matters greatly. I will definitely share my beet jelly recipe with you. I will email it to you in a few days. Isn't it funny how people will use words like weird and freakish and even normal in such a way without ever considering how it might make someone feel. My step daughter always said I was a freak because I was happy being home and sewing, raising my children and reading to them every night. She said it simply was not normal for someone to not want to have friends to party with or shop with etc, and not to want to get out and about all the time. Now that she is an adult and has a child she still feels that way as she has yet to mature in many ways and she recently said that her life may be full of drama and hurt and struggle but at least it wasn't boring like mine. I said well I'm really sorry you feel that way but I happen to love my children and my "boring" life and I can't help but noticing that whenever you are in trouble or don't know what your going to do with a sick baby or the mess you have gotten yourself into you come to the "freak" to fix it. She didn't have a response. It's sad what many people are becoming in my opinion but for me it is oh so nice to have this circle of farm girl friends to share and care. It helps me to know that I am not by any means the only one left that still takes joy in these activities and makes me feel much less of a desperado.

Blessings
Malena
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  10:28:43 PM  Show Profile
dear Lynette, (Netty) loved your note and the recipe cards. Thank you and I shall enjoy the cup of tea and think of you. Enjoyed your lovely smile and will put you on the wall. Thank you for joining and sending your picture. Stay well.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  12:59:02 AM  Show Profile
HI Netty...I got your picture today!!! Looks like you cut your hair since the last picture I saw of you and your hubby. Thanks for the Recipe Cards (Nice!) and the tea (can't wait to try it)...you're a sweety!!

I am so slow at getting my pictures out. May have to stop handwriting and just type up something to tuck in. Or maybe I am just enjoying all the fun of seeing all your beautiful faces coming in my mail.
Also, enjoying reading everyone's comments on here. FUN FUN FUN!!

They will ALL (my pictures) go out soon...don't give up on me. LOL

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 10 2012 01:03:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  09:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy . . . now you know why my letter was typed! I thought about handwritten notes and then realized that with the fact that I HAVE to be at the sewing machine long hours right now, I'd never get the photos out if I did handwritten, even though that was my preference.
Sooooo, don't worry about typewritten notes if you want to do that.
Thanks for hosting!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Oct 10 2012 09:44:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  10:13:40 AM  Show Profile
Desperadosdream,
I wish you were my neighbor.
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  11:27:15 AM  Show Profile
Dirtduchess.
Thank you that's so sweet and right about now I am wishing I could be your neighbor too as I pack up a household and have no clue where I'm going. We have a lead on a place in the country that is about 15 acres and could be a nice little hobby farm but the last people who rented it did so much damage we are unsure of when it will be repaired (the house) I said hey just say the word that we can have it and I will fix it myself in lieu of a big deposit. I'm somewhat grumpy like a mama bear at this point. Winter is coming on and I have kids at home all the time. Give me a cave and I'm on my way LOL.. but a roof and heat and water are somewhat necessary. God will provide (but sometimes I do get awfully anxious and wish he could put a bit more hustle in his bustle). I know I should be hoping for more patience myself instead.
My husband (who would never consider relocating in the past) had even said maybe he'll have to go to North Dakota to work if he could make more up there where the oil drilling is happening. I said no. We only see him about 4 days a month as it is...I have always been up for relocating if necessary but wherever we go, we go together! Don't mess with MAMA BEAR! Tee Hee

Love Ya Sweet Lady. Have a great day!
Malena
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  12:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Malena,
You're a farmgirl after my own heart. You were almost writing my story, with the one HUGE exception being that my daughter (I have only one) is ALSO one of our "breed". She is not only my true treasure daughter, but my BEST friend and we have the best time together, when we get to be together. She lives almost 400 miles from me. BUT, we are kindred spirits and each other's #1 fan and cheerleader. I thank the Lord CONSTANTLY for her, our relationship and our friendship.

I take great pride in being a unique individual and not fitting in the mold. So, I hear ya' girlfriend.
Hugs!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  4:16:15 PM  Show Profile
CJ, I know exactly what you are saying about your daughter. My oldest will soon turn 18 and we have gone through everything together much of it tough. She is a bit more vocal and outwardly sassy than I am but we are very much alike. So much so that she was shredding beef trimmings the other night by the outdoor fire to render the tallow for soapmaking and we were brainstorming ideas to make more money and prepare for the rough times that will inevitably be in our future (there is always something as you know). I sometimes get very frustrated with her snippiness but I am more than a bit terrified at the thought of her leaving the nest. I so dearly want her to have a better and happier way to go in the days to come than what she has had so far and I'm excited for her to fly and soar on her own but I hadn't realized until recently how very much I have relied on her in so many ways and how sorely I will miss her when the time comes. I have 2 other children of course and I love them just as dearly but wouldn't you agree that children are so very different no matter that they may have the same parents? It is strange but I tell them I love you all the same amount and I do not have a favorite but I love you all a bit differently because you are all special and unique.
I have never been close with my own mother she always told me everything I did or asked her was silly. She was never physically abusive or anything she just wasn't loving and nurturing, she never encouraged goal making or dreaming. She never hugged or kissed us, didn't tuck us in when we were little etc. She just wasn't a physical contact person and still isn't. She was also very jealous of our love for our dad which I never did and still do not understand. I remember asking her one time if she loved me and if she was proud of me and she said "Don't ask me stuff you already know the answer too, that's the silliness question ever" I burst into tears and went to my room..never asked again. To me her silence was enough to make me believe she did not.
Now she doesn't understand why we aren't closer and she will tell people that even though she got aggravated with her children she cannot complain because she thinks they were really good kids and she is satisfied with the way we turned out... Really?

So anyway I tell my kids constantly I love them and how proud of them I am and I try very hard to encourage them in their own interests even though I am sometimes aggravated with them for some reason or another or maybe I'm not interested in the same things..more than anything I want them to know that their mom always has their back, and lots of hugs for them no matter where we may be. When they do leave the nest and are no longer with me I want them to want to come home because it is the one place in the world where they are always welcome, accepted as they are and above all loved,loved,loved.

I know all my farmgirl friends know exactly what I mean.

Had to share a picture of my soap making,dirt loving, tree climbing sassafras. My eldest daughter. :)

Malena
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  12:40:21 PM  Show Profile
TammyC, I received your photo today! Such a pretty young woman! I really enjoyed your letter! Could really picture you at the beach. I've never been to San Francisco; but, its on the ole bucket list! We plan to visit Oregon within the year. I'll have to see how close we will be to Bend.
I love papercrafts too. Just am not very creative. But, I love those double-sided patterened scrapbook papers!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  1:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Malena,
Your "sassafras" daughter id beautiful!!!

I was hoping for some farmgirl faces in my mailbox today, but alas and alack . . none!
Looking forward.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  9:47:52 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Judith....If you ever make it to San Francisco or Bend, let me know :) Would always love to meet more farm girls!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  01:09:10 AM  Show Profile
Tammy C...got your "Beautiful" and "Stylish" picture today and thanks for the Scotty tuck!!! I was so excited! You are such a dear heart!

OK Ladies...this Hostess finally got all her pictures ready to go out in tomorrow's mail. Yahoo...about time!

CJ... it really did help just to sit down and type one letter to all, especially when you are a chatty cathy like I am. LOL

Hope the REST OF YOU Photo Swappers...are getting yours out too!!!
Times a flyen' by.

Hugs and Squeezes,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 13 2012 01:13:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  12:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
BEE-YOU-TEA-FULL Farmgirls faces in my mailbox today . . . Yahoo!
Thank you Judy, Tammy and Kim! Beautiful!
Thanks for the extras as well; lovely hankie from Judy, notecard from Kim.
Judy that apron sure looks like ones I make! Love it!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  2:17:31 PM  Show Profile
Tammy C,
Received your photo and card today. You are really a pretty lady. Loved learning about your life. My husband, four other friends, and I spent three glorious sun and fun filled days in San Francisco about seven years ago. Beautiful. Wonderful food. The only problem was that the San Francisco bridge was shrouded in fog. We drove across it and back just to say we did. I can't get over how many of farm girls are so much alike but so different. I really like matching up faces with names. Take care and thank you.
MJF hugs,
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  4:10:22 PM  Show Profile
lol, CJ! I wondered if you would recognize the apron. Of course, you made it!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page