Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed! Next Topic
Page: of 7

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

314 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
314 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  7:42:35 PM  Show Profile
Tara - what a great picture! Thank you so much - you are Farmgirl #1 in my scrapbook :)

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  7:47:35 PM  Show Profile
Tara, a beautiful picture of you and your horse. I did a lot of play days in my younger years. Mostly barrel racing and team penning. Have a great weekend.

I mailed my photo today to all.

Patsy
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

314 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
314 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  3:50:30 PM  Show Profile
Patsy - got your beautiful photo today. Loved your card and wonderful letter! Thanks Neighbor!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  6:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Tara . . super action shot! And, I appreciated your card and note.
THANKS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  12:57:39 AM  Show Profile
Tara...got home from the Beach today to find your Awesome Photo...oh, my goodness girl, you are the
real deal!!! Me, I'm just a "Farmgirl At Heart". My DH was quite impressed with your shooting from
horse back. I say, "Beautiful Cowgirl, Beautiful Horse!" Ride 'em Cowgirl!

Betsy...had your lovely picture too on Oahu. Lucky Girl! Sounds like you had fun. You are a Pretty Lady
too!

My DH said that I could show him all the pretty farmgirl photos I wanted too. LOL *I hit him! giggle*

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  8:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patsy got your card and picture today and love the card it made me laugh, but I love the picture too. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great week.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  11:02:49 AM  Show Profile
Judith/Forgetmenot...got your lovely picture today and the tucks! Thanks Girlfriend!!!! This is why I love Photo Swaps...because nobody ever looks like I picture them in my head...so, it is good to get that actual "for real image" into my head instead. I pictured you with black hair and slightly heavier. Ha Ha!
Isn't it funny how we do that?

Patsy/Dirtduchess...You look exactly like a Lady who was in my life for about four years and has since moved away. I think that you are much more earthy than she was (with hoe in hand) LOL. Thanks for your
tucks too and I am saving your Glam Wanna Be Picture too...though seriously I like the real you much much
better. LOL

My pictures still have not arrived...any day now I hope.

Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  2:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Judith,
I received your picture and beautiful embroidered hankie. Your are a lovely lady. I too, just bought a new sewing machine. I made all my clothes in high school. I want to sew again. Weird jellies sounds very interesting. I so enjoy meeting MJF girls through this photo swap. Have a wonderful autumn. My favorite time of the year.
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  7:47:23 PM  Show Profile
Judith I received your photo today and the beautiful handkerchief today along with your photo. How did you know that I had a collection of handkerchiefs (chuckle) and though I probably have around 50 I did not yet have this particular one. Thank you so much.

Patsy I also received your lovely photo and the tea bags which I will surely enjoy because I drink multiple cups of hot tea every day and they were a kind I have not yet tried! I have to tell you I was so touched by your note and the way you spoke of the relationship you have shared all these years with your husband. For some reason it brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my face. My 17 yr old daughter was nearby as I was reading and she too said "AWWW, mom that is so cute! Wish they made them like that these days." I asked what exactly she meant and she said "Well nowadays you are lucky if you can stand to be near them 50 minutes let alone 50 years! They are so rude and inconsiderate." I had to laugh. My how the times have changed.

I am loving all my pictures and I cannot wait to have a bit of time to create my scrapbook of farmgirls.

Everyone have a great week!

Malena
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  12:17:06 AM  Show Profile
Yahoo...my photos came in today. Will be mailing out soon girls.

hugs and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  10:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My envelopes went out in today's mail.

AND, received Patsy's . . aka "dirtduchess" photo. Thank you Patsy! You are beautiful and I love your photo, the holder and the teabags.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  7:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Betsy, what a lucky lady you are going to Oahu! You look like you are having a great time.
Tara, shooting and riding so talented!and what a beutiful horse.
Patsy,I admire you, to be with the same man for 50 years I hope my hubby and I make it too (we are half way) Thank you for the tucks.
You are all so beautiful! This is my first photo swap and I am having so much fun matching faces with names.
I'll be getting my photos out soon.
Liz

Wanna be farm girl in my heart, semi- city girl in life
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  9:59:17 PM  Show Profile
Patsy I got your card and picture yesterday and I loved it. You did a very nice job and the tea is good. I really like your butterfly cutout. Thank you.
It was nice to hear from you again.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  10:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Judith I got your letter today and the hankie is really cute. Did you do that with your new machine? Fancy work. Loved the picture, you are number four on my bulletin board. Have a great one and thank you.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  11:59:16 PM  Show Profile
Linda...got your picture today! What a sweet sweet Photo of you and your Granddaughter. You look like
a gal that use to live across the street from me about 7 yrs ago. Infact my youngest son saw me open
the envelope today and he said, "Oh, is that Geri?" Will be sending out to you tomorrow. I kind of
seem to be doing this as I get a picture in the mailbox...I think, "Oh, I need to send to her, and her
first because I already received from them." And because I am handwriting my little note along w/the
picture...it is taking me longer.

I JUST LOVE SEEING ALL YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACES! THANKS FARMGIRLS!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sweet_Tea
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Tara
Newberry SC
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  05:51:54 AM  Show Profile
Malena - I got your beautiful picture today, I love the bandana background :)
Judith - Thank you sooo much for the tucks. I love it.. I can't wait to retire and get to do all the stuff I love!
Patsy - I received your letter as well, I love your taste in music and in Cattle, we have mostly black angus as well, but my husband loves herefords.... I can't wait to be married as long as y'all that's an awesome accomplishment :)

Farmgirl Sister #2974
~ http://notsosweettea.blogspot.com/

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears"
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  09:03:09 AM  Show Profile
Patsy, I received your lovely photo, the teabags and the letter filled with your story. I remember the photos of your farm from our Christmas tag swap last year! I collect old family photos too...don't you love them?

And Judith, thank you so much for the lovely photo, note and the pretty hankie. I wish I knew how to sew!

Love seeing everyone's photos and hearing their stories!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  6:47:29 PM  Show Profile
Lindagwynn,
Received your lovely picture of you and your granddaughter. The Hawthorne tree is so pretty. Good luck on all your adventures on your new farm. Nothing is better than dirt. I love getting to match faces with MJF friends.
Hugs,
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  08:19:16 AM  Show Profile
Patsy/Dirtduchess, I really enjoyed your covercard and butterflies. Your picture is lovely (kind of "Farmgirl American Gothic"). It's so nice to put the face with the post! Congratulations on 50 yrs! I married my childhood sweetie too. Thank you for the teas-a new kind.

Lindagwynn, what a beautiful picture! The colors are so lush! Our hawthorne tree isn't nearly as pretty as yours. I try to work with gluten free also. I think its easy to cook that way but difficult to bake. The farm sounds lovely.

Now, all of you photo swappers, I did not embroider those handkerchiefs.
I'm still learning all those bells and whistles on the machine. We live close by Amish and Mennonite communities. DH took me on one of my favorite little roadtrips to the Mennonite drygoods store. I go their about twice a year to wipe them out of their handkerchief supply. I like to use them for tuckins as it reminds me of my mom, grandma and aunties. Whenever they sent a greeting card they included a handkerchief.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  11:45:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judith, I received your photo yesterday and love it, thanks for the hankie and how did you know that I like ladybugs. Have a great weekend.

Hi CJ, got your picture today in the mail. So impressed with all the things that you do.
Have a great weekend too!
Everyone is so great!

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  12:33:20 AM  Show Profile
CJ...got your new photo (loved it), postcard and older photo also...along with your wonderful
story about yourself. I love learning more and more about my Farmgirl Sisters. You are so
Special to me and others. Thanks for your generous spirit and heart.

hugs and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  9:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Netty . . . your beautiful face came in mailbox today! YAY!
Thanks so much! And for the recipe cards and tea, which I'm gonna try tomorrow!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  09:17:58 AM  Show Profile
I have gotten three more wonderful farmgirl photos!

Linda, what a lovely photo of you and your sweet little granddaughter! The hawthorne tree is lovely too. I love Washington, and the rain is fine, because it does keep the landscape so lush and beautiful. Your farm sounds like fun!

And Netty, thank you so much for the photo, note, tea and recipe cards!! The recipe cards will come in very handy...what a great "tuck in" idea. And the tea..well, I definitely could focus my mind more..LOL. Vanilla spice sounds yummy!

Last but not least, CJ...you look right at home there at your piano...wish I had any musical talent at all! Lucky you! Thanks for the other postcards as well, and your letter describing life on your farm...what a beautiful place!

This is so much fun!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5073 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5073 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  09:40:36 AM  Show Profile
I rally hate I missed this swap! I will keep a closer watch for next year!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  10:32:22 AM  Show Profile
You can send me a picture anyway Connie xoxox

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page