Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed! Next Topic
Page: of 7

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  5:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Ha, ha, Judy! I thought it sure looked familiar! Wish I still had some of that print!
Looks good on you!
Thanks much!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  12:30:17 AM  Show Profile
Kim...got your pretty picture today and nice lengthy note about yourself!!!
I am loving that you gals are sharing your "Story" with each of us. That is really the best
way to get to know one another....along with the Picture.

YOU ALL ARE LOOKING SO GREAT IN MY FARMGIRL SCRAPBOOK!

blessings and hugs,
peggy

P.S. All mine went out today!!!

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  12:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Kim! I received your photo and letter yesterday! Really enjoyed your letter. I understand your comment about your work being different than the private sector. I worked as the secretary to 3 different Mayors. Then went on to work for the state, county and federal govts. Very interesting work. My 2nd youngest grand daughter's name is also Brooklyn. She is soon to be 16. Glad to hear you are healing quickly from your knee surgery. Enjoy your garden. I am just cleaning mine out for the year.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  1:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kim,
My daughter, Robin, who is also part of the Connection/Sisterhood lives in Glendale. We'll have to get together sometime when I'm down there to visit her. There are also some other Farmgirls in Phoenix, some of them in our Farmgirls Southwest Henhouse.

Will keep in touch!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  10:08:26 PM  Show Profile
I received a beautiful picture and note from "desperadosdream" what a great picture. You look just like a farmgirl and very happy. Raising 3 children must be a real challenge for you with your husband gone a lot. It is wonderful to have your picture. Thank you.
I also received a card and picture from Tammy, I really enjoyed reading about you and thank you for the picture it is really cute. I also love magazines and look forward to them coming in the mail and then I read them front to back. I love looking for new recipes and trying them on my family. Farm life is great but I am glad I live in this era. I might not have survived the 1800's. Thank you.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  12:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Kim,
I have received your photo and your tucks. Thank you so much. You are a pretty lady. In fact, you and I have some of the same facial features. I know all about pain and raised gardens. I am so glad that the pain is getting better. Glad to see that you can get into good old dirt again.
I had a cow hit me about three years ago. Broke both bones and shattered some bones below the ankle. I did not get do any gardening much for two years. But this year I am back at it. I think our MJF girlfriends are the best. Love this swap. Happy gardening. Sounds like Az is a lot like TX when it comes to the outdoors.
MJF hugs,
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  6:30:52 PM  Show Profile
I received two wonderful farmgirl letters and photos today...the first from Kim, so sweet and a lovely notecard tucked in. I especially loved your letter Kim...sounds like you've got an interesting life (loved the part about your husband too...LOL)

And from sweet Peggy...the lovely photo of you and your hubby, it was so nice to finally put a face to you my sweet friend! Loved the Halloween postcard and the nice long letter too. You are truly a special lady!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  12:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Peggy for your beautiful photo and great letter!
Love it!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  11:05:37 PM  Show Profile
I received a wonderful letter and picture from Kammi today and thank you. You look very much like someone I used to know. thank you for the nice letter and cute card.
I bet the fall in Phoenix is nice. The colors here are sure beautiful. I am glad your family supported you in your gardening and built you the raised beds. I hope your recovery is speedy and enjoy your winter gardening.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2012 :  11:36:53 AM  Show Profile
Ladies!

I am getting my photos into the mail today! I apologize for the delay. The photo I am sending had a minor technical glitch on them, so the writing is cut off. Sorry about that. The photo is also not the most current, but I honestly look the same now as I did then...so I thought it would be okay. It's a photo taken on the Laura Ingalls Wilder adventure we took a few years ago. Hope they all arrive safe and sound!

Thanks for all the smiling faces I've received so far! Looking forward to more!

~Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  12:02:54 AM  Show Profile
April...I know about those photo glitches. Mine came back with the top of DH's head cut off...but I had
to go with it. Walgreens did refund me for all the pictures...which I was happy about.

How is everyone doing on getting your PHoto's out???? I haven't received any for quite awhile, hope you
all are getting them mailed out.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  12:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Like you, Peggy, I haven't received any photo mail for a while. Looking forward to seeing those beautiful faces.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  1:18:51 PM  Show Profile
ceejay, did you get my photo? I mailed it close to 2 weeks ago..let me know if you didnt and I'll give it another shot.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  2:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Malena,
I'm sorry . . . I thought I posted that I got your photo and wonderful letter! But I guess it was in my mind, as I don't see where I did. My apologies.
I loved the handwritten letter and the music stickers . . all of it. Thank you! Thank for taking the time!
Sooooo appreciated!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  11:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Malena...I got your stunning photo and great letter yesterday! Thank You! Very Nicely done!

Hi Sherri...I got your lovely photo and great letter today! Thank You!! You should never
worry about having your picture taken you are "lovely". I think all of us women (especially as
we age) get funny about having our pictures taken...but we should remember that "the eyes are the windows
to the soul" and that should be our best feature shouldn't it? Isn't that why it is
so fabulous to put a face with a name...because we have seen so much of the Heart of Each Farmgirl
already.

I am loving getting to know many of you for the first time and some of you Old Friends a little better.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  2:59:43 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, been away from the computer for a while, but I have received many letters and pictures. I want to say thank you to Peggy Ann, Netty, Tara, Betsy, Malena, Tammy, and Pam and a few others. We all come from different parts of the country with different family and community issues. But I think we are all Farmgirls at heart. I for one feel that way. I live in the central part of Phoenix, AZ on a lot 120 x 80 sq. ft.; my house is only 1700 sq. ft. So that doesn't leave much room for my gardens out back. But I am making the most out of what I have. Sorry, I am wondering a bit. I love the pictures that I received along with the letters and tucks. You all as so creative and generous. Maybe someday in the future we can meet in person.

Just a note, today is day 25 after my total knee replacement and thanks to the Pt's and Physical Therapy, I can now walk without the aid of a walker or cane. I also want to thank you all for the prayers. With his hands, I will walk again without pain. Oh, got to go. Best wishes to all

Kim
Farmgirl 4256

Remember… Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. Instead, you should slide in sideways, glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, in a body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming “Woohooo! What a ride!”

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  11:49:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh girls...the Letters this time about your lives just is really making the Photo Swap so much
more interesting this year. I just love reading all about your lives and families. We are a very
unique and diverse group of women are we not?

Today, I got April's adorable picture and letter. It was so cute (pix) and the letter so interesting.
Learned a little more about you this round April. One Special Lady!

Also, I got Pam's pictures and nice long letter. Wow...you have a very fasinating and full life. Loved
reading everything about you. Have to say...that I am not fond of the Desert at all...but I am happy
that God made people to enjoy all areas of His Creation. I did love your snappy little red mustang.
Nice Anniversary Gift!!!

I need to go through and see who still hasn't sent (if anyone)...I have gotten quite a few photos and letters.

Thanks Ladies for sharing yourself in Photos, Letters and Friendship...YOU ARE ALL AMAZING WOMEN and
I am blessed to know you.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  08:48:00 AM  Show Profile
Sherry "Sweettea59", I received your photo and letter and tuck-in. Your pic is very sweet, and I know how you feel about having your picture taken. (I'm a little shy about it too.) Loved your letter and getting to know you a little more. Wow! You have a wedding coming up!

Pam "Coaloha", your pic and letter came today also. Loved that long letter! I wonder who your Iowa family is? We have relatives with family with your maiden name. Are they from around here? I didn't have a 4-H family but worked for Iowa Extension 4-H. I developed the Lego Club, shooting sports club and did some after school and Clover Kid programs. I'm also a Master Gardener (still with a kiss of death thumb) It was interesting to read about your desert gardening. What a busy life you have. Thank you for sharing!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  5:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks go Pam! Yes, we will get together again when I'm down to see Robin!
Ladies, my daughter Robin and I have had the wonderful privilege of meeting and visiting with Pam! A beautiful farmgirl!

Sherry . . .you are gorgeous! I know about shy, but I'm glad you shared your beautiful face with us! I'm SOOOOOOO glad to put a face to your name!

And, I TOO love the letters! THANK YOU ALL!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  9:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Hello Everyone,

I just want to say thanks for all of the beautiful pictures, letter, and tuck-ins. I have so enjoyed getting to know each of you a bit better. I've been inspired and it's warmed my heart to see how each of us has found our own way to be a "farmgirl".

Warmly,
Pam

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  1:16:08 PM  Show Profile
My latest pics, info and tucks are from Sherry, April, and Pam. Sherry, you are a very pretty gal. I know how you feel about having your pic taken. Some day hopefully, you and I will find the perfect photographer for us. I see you have morning glories. I have them in every color. So jealous of you and the others that have daughters. Must be so much fun. April, you must be a hoot. Loved your picture. My daughter-in-law's maiden name is Choate. Her kin are all from West Texas. Good luck on your plowing on that red tractor. Pam, Such a pretty card and you too. I really enjoyed your letter. I too love to talk and write. Your life has been and still seems so interesting. I know how proud us Mamas can be of our children. Your summer is a lot like Texas summers. So discouraging. I sometimes tell my friends that 'Practicing Gardeners in Texas are Dreamers." I have so enjoyed going to the mailbox looking for the latest letter from a MJF friend. When my husband goes to the mailbox, he comes back holding up a letter and says "You have another Friend letter". It is sad to me that the swap is almost over. We will
have to do this again sometime next year. Thank all of you so much. See I told you I like to talk.
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  8:43:21 PM  Show Profile
I want to apologize to my farmgirl friends, I'm sorry I haven't gotten my photo out to you yet. Time has a way of getting away from me. I hope to get them out on Monday or Tuesday depending on Frankenstorm Sandy.

Liz

Wanna be farm girl in my heart, semi- city girl in life
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  09:50:18 AM  Show Profile
Liz...thanks for letting us know. It helps when we communicate like you did. Everyone understands
LIFE but no one understands silence. Praying that Frankenstorm Sandy doesn't create too much
damage and havoc.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  5:30:05 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to let all my farmgirl friends know that my picture went out today. Thank you for your patience and I'm sorry that it took so long.
Liz

Wanna be farm girl in my heart, semi- city girl in life
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  5:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Here is my belated post to say that I have received lovely photos from Sherry, April and Pam. I have so enjoyed reading everyone's great letters and learning all about your lives!

Everyone should be receiving my photos in a day or two, if you haven't already.

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page