Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed! Next Topic
Page: of 7

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  10:16:27 AM  Show Profile
Patsy...The size really doesn't matter...but let's say no bigger than postcard size. They are a bit
hard to put in a photo album if they are bigger.

Ruthie Ann please email me your full name and address. Thanks Girl!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2012 :  1:24:44 PM  Show Profile
OK PeggyAnne,
What happens now? Do you send us the list of names to send the photos to? And do we send it in a card or something?
I have my photo album ready to be filled with my farm gal pals!
Liz

Wanna be farm girl in my heart, semi- city girl in life
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  08:38:51 AM  Show Profile
Hmmmm, what now?

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  10:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Sorry girls life has gotten in the way again. I am extending the sign up until Sept 20th in hopes of picking
up a few more gals. On the21st I will email you all the list and you will have until Oct. 20th to get them all
Mailed out. SORRY for the confusion. Hugs, Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 12 2012 10:52:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  12:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
I am looking forward to the list...I have my photos ready to go : )

Pam

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  7:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Ok I absolutely hate to have my photo taken. I always think I look like I've been hit with a MAC truck, but I want to see everyone and be able to put faces with names so I am in.
Now I'll have to get my daughter to take some pictures of me. She will love the pay back because I have been taking her all over the place to get some good shots of her for her senior pictures.
I took her to an old stretch of railroad tracks to take some and she said Gosh mom what r u planning here exactly...this place is creepy! LOL

I'll email my info to you and look forward to my list.

Thanks for hosting.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  10:42:53 AM  Show Profile
Peggy I sent you my mailing address earlier. Let me know if you did not get it.

Thanks
Malena
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  10:53:53 AM  Show Profile
You sent me your email address but I need your postal mailing address.

Thanks Malena.

peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  1:45:24 PM  Show Profile
I got your email Peggy Ann and I shall start getting ready. Did you ever get my mail art?

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  09:01:33 AM  Show Profile
This is exciting! Better get my farmgirl photo taken! :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  09:28:41 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering if we are to just exchange a name and photo only or if we are to put in a note with a little background information about ourselves? I have my photos ready to go but I thought of including a little note as well...but I didn't want to break the "rules" teehee. I know some are more comfortable and giving out information than others so Queen Peggy (giggle)what shall it be?

Happy day to all!
Malena
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  11:07:20 AM  Show Profile
Malena and ALL PHOTO SWAPPERS...I think a little note about yourself is fabulous...but no pressure
for those who don't want to do that. Also, little tucks are nice (like tea bags, stickers, postcards
or whatever/OR JUST YOUR PHOTO). I like to keep the rules simple (one photo for each person on the list)
but I want each farmgirl to feel free to do whatever her heart compels her to do. JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT!
AND BE COMMITTED!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  1:48:21 PM  Show Profile
Tex Betsy,
Hi neighbor. Received your photo today. Such a pretty picture.
Will get my photos out by next Monday.
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  09:53:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Besty, Received your beautiful picture today in the mail. Go Rangers!! My family are big fans. Have a great week.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

Sweet_Tea
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Tara
Newberry SC
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  05:35:33 AM  Show Profile
I sent my photos out on Monday. so y'all should be getting them soon :)

Farmgirl Sister #2974
~ http://notsosweettea.blogspot.com/

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears"

Edited by - Sweet_Tea on Sep 27 2012 10:20:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  2:56:01 PM  Show Profile
I received your photo today, Betsy! Your's is the first! Lovely! ..and, I appreciate the note! I sat right down and put all my envelopes together..ready to mail tomorrow! Thanks for the little push.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  3:04:03 PM  Show Profile
Got a wonderful picture today of Tara. You look wonderful and what fun. It is wonderful that you and your husband do this together. Have fun and thank you Sweet-Tea.
lindagwynn

Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  3:05:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello Betsy, I also received your picture today and you look so pretty standing in front of the water. Looks like you had a great time. Very nice to eet you Tex Betsy.

Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  3:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Yay me! I got photos of Tara and Betsy today and I love them both. Gals its been a really tough week here and you just don't know how it lifted my spirits.. Thanks so much! Tara, my 17 yr old daughter was so jealous when she saw your photo and letter. She dearly loves horses and we can't have them where we are right now. She really misses riding and her life's dream is to start a horse rescue in which she can bring the horses back to health and hopefully learn to train them to be therapy animals for the disabled. It s a lofty goal but attainable if she works hard enough I think but everyone else has told her its a ridiculous notion and she s being silly...I told her just keep her chin up (maybe she can train a horse to give therapy to the naysayers)lol

Betsy, I most favorite aunts name was Betty but she hated it so she changed it to Betsy and I love that name. She was such a spirited and dear lady so when I noticed your name my first thought was yep she s a good gal for sure. Isn't funny how you attach a sentiment with something like a name (guess it probably sometimes works to the negative side as well unfortunately). My older sister was born in Honolulu when my father was in the army and when she was 6 weeks old she and my mother flew back home. She has never gotten to go back because of the expense and I dearly hope she will get to one day. I have a cousin who is stationed in Hawaii now and dearly loves the place. It is very beautiful and seems so serene in pictures. I cannot wait to create my very own farm girl scrapbook. Just think how thick it would become if you could collected a picture from every farm girl...one would have to have a tractor to lug the thing around with!Chuckle.. Have a great night all..

Malena
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  4:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I received your beautiful photo today too, Betsy! THANK YOU!

I'm still waiting for my photos to come . .
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  5:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Got two pictures in the mail today...an awesome pic of Tara and her horse Tattoo. Tara I am impressed by your riding! I love rodeos, barrel racing, etc. So much fun to see. My sister has been on the hunter/jumper circuit for years and I never tire of it!

My other photo was of beautiful Betsy taken in one of my favorite places....the North Shore of Oahu. My husband likes to surf whenever we go there, although the pipeline was pretty hairy for him. I love the cute little town there too. Oh, I love every part of Hawaii! My husband and I were married at the Mauana Kea Hotel on the Big Island. Bet you had a great time!

Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Sweet_Tea
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Tara
Newberry SC
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  05:57:44 AM  Show Profile
Betsy, I received your beautiful photo today! My Husband was walking by and said "wooohooo Texas" :) His family is in/from Port Aransus.

Malena, Tell your daughter that it is not a far fetched dream to have a horse rescue. I originally started out with one horse that I bought, then now we have a whole herd. But get in with the local aspca and animal control. They will call when they have horses that need to be rescued... We have had 4 so far... 2 are re-homed to good homes. 1 is a hackney pony, and no one seems to want him, and I have a 16 year old reg. AQHA gelding that is still looking puny.. so we are trying to get him fattened up before we leg him up.. But, he's a sweet horse, I've named him Slim. I don't know if I'd like to train horses for people.. but, I train mine to gunfire, barrels, jumping and sorting/working cows..

Tammy, I have an American Warmblood named Ela Kismet that I jump with.
The most recent picture of us is only from a schooling show, because I'm still schooling her a bit, until next year.. I know she will jump 4 foot, but, I'm trying to calm her down into a Hunter horse, but, I'm thinking we might need to hit the show jumping circuit hard next year :)

Farmgirl Sister #2974
~ http://notsosweettea.blogspot.com/

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears"
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  07:53:29 AM  Show Profile
Another great photo Tara! Both of you have great form!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  11:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Got my picture of Tara today and all I can say is WOW. Beautiful picture of you and the horse. Sounds like you have a great time. Have a good one and be safe.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  1:27:03 PM  Show Profile
I received your photo today, Tara!Great action shot! Looks like a pretty exciting time!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic How About A Farmgirl Photo Swap ? Now Closed! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page