batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  12:51:27 AM  Show Profile
ok many of you know what is going on with me & that I am leaving my hubby & home for a year at the end of Sept...well I wanted to let you all know I will be on a 167 acre farm near West Port NY....

the farm is split by a road so I will be on one side in an old trailer that is not hooked up to electricity but will have a woodstove...i can build a outhouse there so will do that since I can't afford a composting toilet right now...lol...she has a very small old camper trailer that is no longer good for people but still strong & tight for a chicken coop & can be moved right to where I will be...the main house is on the other side of the road & has electricity ect & has a old cow farmer living there...

he raises milking & grass fed cows on the farm.....on that side is also a old coop, horse barn & big barn besides the milking barn...I will repair all the out buildings but the milking barn....which is already in good shape......its funny I had asked about putting in gardens & she wants them near where my trailer is so that will be great for me.......

There is a phone at the main house but I will still have a cell phone as the old farmer does not play well with others & since I want to be left alone I doubt unless I am bleeding to the point of needing an ER I won't be using that phone...but I am hoping I can barter my eggs for his fresh milk so I can make yogurt for the chickens during the winter like I always do.....
The old trailer needs a bit of work which I don['t mind as the roof is good & I won't fall thur the floors so what more can i want?!...for me its perfect!

I am still sad over all of this but am sooo thankful to have this place instead of trying to deal with a tent in a camp ground over the winter...which I would do if I had to.....but my angels must be watching over me right now to give me this gift.....

& thankfully my friend who is also a baby boomer understands what I am wanting to do & not trying to talk me out of it......She even said with me being there she will feel comfortable coming up there more often now since I will be there...so that is wonderful for me cause she is a great woman & sort of a earth mother like me......

anyway so even though I won't have a computer for the year & will not be so far out I am in danger of something bad happening to me....Which I am thankful for...now if I can just get my hubby to talk to me...lol...yeah when the moon falls from the sky......michele'.

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  06:34:26 AM  Show Profile
Michele,
Since you won't have a computer can we write to you? Maybe you could e-mail your new address to me! Good luck and best wishes to you!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  01:20:06 AM  Show Profile
I found out I can take the computer & leave it in the main house on the other side of the road so I will be able to check in ever so often...so its nice to know you all still will want to hear from me....:)...Michele'

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  06:36:28 AM  Show Profile
Of coutse we want to hear from! Know you are ok. And hear of your adventure. Stay connected.
marianne
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  06:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Why wouldn't we want to hear from you?? :) Would be great to be able to write to you, just to send you encouragement!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  09:59:57 AM  Show Profile
Posts from a true pioneer will be a treat for all of us! I'm so happy to hear you'll have access to a computer and a phone. Where you're going, it is very remote and I, for one, will feel better if I know you are always safe. It's a gorgeous community in the Adirondack State Park and I think you'll fall in love with the area. I used to camp near there and can't think of many place as lovely.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  7:54:58 PM  Show Profile
Me too, Michelle! I hope that you will stay in touch
as often as you can. We will miss you. Keep us posted on your adventures. I too think that we can all live this adventure thru you. And we understand when you need your down time and private time. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  08:58:37 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I can't wait to hear from you when you are there.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  09:32:26 AM  Show Profile
Yes...Please....we want to hear from you and I hope you want to hear from us too. Keep us posted as much as you can, we can support each other..as true farmgirls do!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  10:45:30 AM  Show Profile
Michele,
SOunds like you are off on an awesome adventure, and I can just tell with your positive attitude, it will all work out just fine.
I would love to keep in touch with you, so if you would like to email me your mailing address, I would be glad to drop you a letter etc every once in a while. Also I am in New York, but a bit away- on Long Island, but if you need a care package etc sent, anything just let me know and I will help in anyway I can.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  2:51:25 PM  Show Profile
Michele, I haven't posted in forever. But, I have been reading all the time and keeping up on everything. I wanted to wish you well. This is a brave adventure you are embarking on. I think you are right though, it is something you need to do for yourself.Make lots of lists for what you will need for the fall and winter. Make sure you have a lot of firewood that is for sure a must. I think you will do fine and come through this a stronger more self assured woman than ever. No matter what happens with your marriage, I just believe you will be fine. My good wishes and Blessings go with you. I hope you will post as often as possible and let us follow this journey with you.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  5:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sending my best to you Michele! Yup . . wanna hear now and then how you're doing and what you've been up to.
I'm pulling for ya'!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  8:39:47 PM  Show Profile
ok my dear hens good news first..Prudence finally hatched a baby today I named it Ava sunset....that way if its a Roo it will be Sunset...so happy for her as she has been broody since last month & refused to give up so let her lay on some more eggs...hopefully at least one more of the 4 still under her will hatch as well.
Ok I have not heard from the hubby in over 3 weeks & he has not answered the last 3 emails I have sent...so I am having a very bad feeling about this....he is answering his mothers emails or so she tells me so I know he's on the computer...but has decided to ignore me completely......So unless I hear from him soon I have to take this as he has decided not to fight for this marriage........It made it a very hard day as I have been very busy trying to get ready for the sisters to get here wednesday for 10 days & pack things for the farm...but now I am wondering if I should just pack up all my belongings...I just am at a lose of what to do or even think right now...I have never had his cell phone number so i can't even try to reach him that way.......I am just so sad over all of this & he comes back form his military classes 2 days before the sisters go home & I hate to see how that goes.........I am not worried about him blowing up with them here but he may just go into his game room & pretend we are not here......Now I know hens...maybe I am over reacting because I am mentally & physically over tired.......I just needed to vent so don't worry about me...but thanks for listening...Michele'

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  08:19:07 AM  Show Profile
Dear friend, I'd caution you not to burn all your bridges when you're in such an emotional state. You've made plans for a year and I wouldn't change those plans. You have obviously had hope that your absence for the year will make his heart soften and it might. I'd just go on with your current plans and wait before making any final decisions.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  08:20:43 AM  Show Profile
Michele, I don't think you are over reacting. This is only my opinion and my suggestion. I would pack every single thing that you have and want.I would get any money due me and make sure if he is going to get a divorce/seperation you get your fair share. It takes money and to live and take care of yourself and your chickens. I don't beleive that he has any intention of trying to patch up the marriage. You don't even have his cell phone number,no emails except angry or nasty ones, oh honey. Going away for the year and thinking it will change things, I don't beleive it will from what I have read from you.It is just giving him the space and freedom that he wants anyway. This is a very hard time for you, and I wish it were different. If it were my situation, and I know it is not, I would take whatever you can. Maybe even some things you could sell and make yourself some money from. I would change my strategy from a year away to making a new life for yourself. Don'r let yourself be left out in the cold and come away with nothing. Maybe look for a job up there or prepare to do so somewhere else after your year is up. You need to think of yourself and your own future. This man is not thinking of your well being at all. I really think you need a life plan for your self. I hope I have not offended you in any way. I just do not want to see your left without anyway to go on and make your life the way YOU would like it to be. There are a lot of possibilities out there that you could look into.I hope you take this in the good faith it was given in. I just couldn't sit here and not say anything anymore.

God Bless You. Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  09:39:29 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, Mary Jane has given the advice I would give, if asked. Get your stuff together, including proof of ownership of anything. You need to protect yourself, and plan for your future, he doesn't seen like he is interested in making a go of your marriage. You can't hold onto someone who wants to go. Make a life for yourself. You are strong and resourseful. Good luck, and please keep yourself safe. Kennie Lyn

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  07:04:06 AM  Show Profile
Michele,
First, I am so sorry that you have to go through this and I will continue to keep you in prayer. Second- I stronly agree with what Mary Jane and Kennie Lyn are saying. Protect yourself. Take whatever is special to you, and/or what you need. Also make sure all paperwork/legalities are in order. The fact that you dont currently have and never have had your husbands cell phone number is a major red flag. Again, I dont mean to offend you, but it is not normal, not to have your own husbands cell number.
At this point you need to put your head together with your sisters and plan this out that you are leaving for GOOD. If indeed it turns out that you and hubby work things out,(which I dont see happening based on what you have told us), then so be it, but for now thing of YOUR FUTURE and what YOU need to do to survive.
Please keep us updated as much as you can.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  11:45:13 AM  Show Profile
Michele, Have you gone with your sisters to see your new home? Let us hear from you, and let us know when you are moving. Kennie Lyn

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

JerseyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Michele
Southern NJ
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2012 :  03:35:57 AM  Show Profile
Michele, just sending you the biggest hugs and a shoulder to lean on. Wish there was something we could all do for you to make things better.
Maybe this isnt the outcome you want or were hoping for, but you can still get thru this and go on to have the life of your dreams. Never stop believeing in yourself and never forget what a strong, incredible woman you are. If this marriage is over, make sure you look out for your best interests and get what you deserve. Dont ever let a man stop you from being all that you can be!

Thinking of you, sister! We MICHELE's stick together!! =)
Go to Top of Page

cozie lady
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Mt Pleasant MI
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  09:35:37 AM  Show Profile
Michelle,

I agree with Mary Jane. I was in a similar spot in my younger years. I walked away with nothing. Take what you need and is dear to you. Stay strong and good luck in your adventure, i am sure it will make you a strong and confident woman.
If you need a penpal let me know I will be happy to write to you.

Best Wishes

amy r
sister #4186
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  2:54:42 PM  Show Profile
You go, girl. You can do this and come out so much better on the other end. Maybe even get material for a new book, who knows??

I also finally walked out of a marriage, that's how I became a truck driver, without much, just what I could get in my big rig condo. The ex is a slime and I'm ashamed I stayed so long but so proud of myself for getting out. You have a lot of support here, take advantage of it. I'm glad you have access to your computer. Please stay in touch, eh??

My website:

http://twohorseswalkingdesigns.com

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/twohorseswalkingdesigns

Pinterest:

http://pinterest.com/goneirish/

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Where I am going Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page