Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Yo-Yo Swap Round #8 "Summer Vacation"Closed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Yo-Yo Swap Round #8 "Summer Vacation"Closed. Next Topic
Page: of 3

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  3:42:17 PM  Show Profile
Bump!

Here are Julie's yo-yo's! How are we doing, ladies?
I'm finally back to work on mine after a very eventful weekend!

Let's see if this works. Ta Da!!!!!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Aug 29 2012 07:05:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  6:52:13 PM  Show Profile

Here is a pic of Peggy's yo-yo's! Love those sweet tuck-ins. I just finished the last of my yo-yo's. I thought I was finished, and then...whoops! I forgot the buttons!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  09:44:36 AM  Show Profile
Judith...Yahoo, somebody finally got some pictures to post!!!! LOl
I tried 3 times on Julie's myself but had no luck. Glad that you were
determined to get it done. That was a great little pkg from her. I
love everyone's creativity on tucks.

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  2:58:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi, yo-yo mammas! Well, here I am with 7 envelopes filled, sealed and ready to go out in the mail to you tomorrow! I am excited to hear how you like them. We have just 10 days left to mail-out deadline! I know you all are having fun working on your yo-yo's too!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  7:34:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey, yoyo mamas, I also, have my envelopes sealed, and going to post office tomorrow morning. So keep your eyes open, Here they come. Lots of fun, doing these vacation ones.
Been busy, and so hot here, at least we have had rain this year. Gonna try to get my garden ready tomorrow for the fall garden to go in. Happy yoyoing! Linda Farmgirl #946
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  08:46:46 AM  Show Profile
Your envelopes are all in the mail! Yay! Can't wait to get yours too, Linda! Wish I could put in a Fall garden here. At least we still have a few squash, tomatoes and peppers. I need to pick up walnuts for winter cracking. The ground is already covered with leaves. LOOKS like Fall.
(Can't wait for the Fall yo-yo swap.)

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  10:31:16 AM  Show Profile
Hey YoYo Mamas...for those of you who are done (not pushing you who are still plugging along)...you can start buying your Fall/Winter material (Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas), your buttons and even start cutting out your heart shapes. I already have those three things
done. There are a lot of great materials and buttons out there. I won't even tell you how much I spent on
buttons the other day (I'm in denial) LOL. I will wait until the mail-out deadline is up and then I will post for this next round. All HEARTS THIS TIME/NO ROUND YOYO'S.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2012 :  12:50:59 AM  Show Profile
HI Judith...got your fabulous YoYo's (loved the buttons...where did you find those adorable butterfly
buttons??? Too Cute!!) I have a project in mind for those two Hearts w/butterflies. I'll post when
I get it done. Tried to post the picture I took of your yoyo's...and it didn't come through. I will try
again tomorrow. I am getting frustrated trying to post onto this thread as of late. Loved all the
sweet tucks and can't wait to try the Recipe. The chocolate is already gone! You know me and my dark
choc. addiction. Ha Ha! Thanks Sister for both Hostessing and making my day with your FUN PKG.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 09 2012 10:02:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2012 :  6:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Judith for the yo-yo's and extra goodies! Recipe sounds great and a perfect fall treat!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2012 :  7:42:44 PM  Show Profile
Judith, received your package, already ate the chocolate, and loved all the buttons, you used. I love the cow button, that is so neat. Loved the map material, I looked and looked for map material, you go girl. I already found some buttons for fall, and gonna start gathering materials for Fall and Christmas. Have fun yoyo mamas! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  10:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Judith,
Had to chuckle this am when it dawned on me that we both chose 2 of the same fabric! Lol! Great minds think alike!
He he he he!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  6:24:36 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I have a confession, your packages, only got mailed today, i believe it was on the fifth when I told you they would go out. I promise they went out. I have been sick with a real sore throat, I still have my tonsils, and they took turn being sore, and with a little fever. So my hubby took them, well only to find out, he forgot them in the back seat of his truck. I am so sorry. and He apologizes also. But today, I took them, and personally had them weighed and stamped and mailed. Thanks for understanding. Huggs Farmgirl #946
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  8:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
I hope you are feeling better soon!! No worries!

I am mailing mine out towards the end of this week.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  8:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirl friends! Glad to hear you are receiving your yo yo's!

sissarge Linda, you know it's no problem..those things happen all the time to all of us, and tasks get re-ordered. You have plenty of time. I just hope you are feeling better! Tell hubby to come home. All is forgiven. (lol)

Peggy, those butterflies would have been hobby lobby or JoAnn's. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Prayin granny, can't wait to see which of the identical fabrics we chose.

I've tried several times today to post a pic of a little project I made for SIL's birthday. Just won't process...will try again tomorrow!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  11:55:09 AM  Show Profile

Judith...well it still won't let me upload your entire picture of YoYo's and Tucks but it
will let me post what I did with the two butterfly yoyo's. These are big Memo-pads with
Butterflies all over them. One is mine and one I bought for a gift to give to someone else.
But I think your butterflies looks so cute on them. Don't you?

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 12 2012 12:34:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2012 :  08:40:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, yo-yo mammas! Peggy's note pads look really sweet with the addition of yo-yo's! That is a great idea!
I've been trying to post a pic of a store bought hot pad that I sewed both heart and circle yo-yo's into. I think it turned out really cute and will give it to my SIL who loves the yo-yo's. I also used them to decorate handmade gift tags for a recent bridal shower and wedding. Those were very nice, and thank heaven I had them at the time.

So, we have 4 more days for mail out. (no pressure) ha!

I'll keep on trying to post pictures. Let us know how you decide to use yours!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  05:32:13 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I am mailing out half of mine tom and half on Sat.
I have really enjoyed learning how to do these!

It's suppose to be raining today and cool! Yea!!!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  4:43:23 PM  Show Profile
I have fallen behind on my correspondence; I apoligize for not getting this done earlier.

Peggy, I received your yo yos and love them! I have to tell you that I played with your heart shaped fabrics for several days and have a list of ideas for them. Thank you for sharing them and for a wonderful package.

Judith, I received your yo yos too. I love them! And the tuck ins are wonderful! The mini clothspin is adorable! And I cant wait to try the bread, I hope to make it this weekend. Thank you!

Linda (sissarge), I received your yo yos, too. I love them! Your story was so cute. And the nail file is a great tuck in! I just lost one of mine and needed another. Thank you! Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  6:34:54 PM  Show Profile
sissarge, I received your yo-yo's today! Beautiful as always! I loved your story too! I read it out loud to DH while pointing to the relevant yo-yo. I know he thought it was neat too! Thank you also for the tuck!
A farmgirl can never have too many of those.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  11:56:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda...I received your yoyo package, cute story and the nail file (which I always need).
Thank You So Much. Will try to post picture of your yoyo's in the next day or two. I will tell
you that I haven't had very good luck with the pictures as of late...but I keep trying. (+:

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  5:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Well, Yo-yo mammas, today is "Mail Out" day! I hope you all had a great time with Round #8! I'm really looking forward to receiving your yo-yo's. Have a few new ideas for showing them off. I hope you do too!

So far, I have yo-yo's from Julie, Peggy and Linda (sissarge).

Oh! I found some great on-sale Fall fabric for Round #9. I'm getting psyched, Peggy! (Can you tell?)

Thank you all for making this a fun adventure!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  05:07:10 AM  Show Profile
I think I'm going to use mine to make a pillow!

Linda, thank you for the pretty yo-yo's and tuck in!!

Have a great day, ladies!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  4:43:45 PM  Show Profile
A pillow sounds really pretty, Linda! I hope we will see the finished project!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  12:35:50 AM  Show Profile
Prayen Granny Linda...I got your great package today. Tried to post a picture and once again it
won't post. I don't get it. Anyway Sister, Loved your yoyo's, your cute note, and the great tucks.
Don't want to spoil it for anyone else...but loved it ALL. You did good!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  04:51:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Peggy, for the very kind words!

They made posting pics easier on the forums? But my phone won't let me?
And I'm still trying to figure out our tablet!! Lol!

Have a good day!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Yo-Yo Swap Round #8 "Summer Vacation"Closed. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page