Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Yo-Yo Swap Round #8 "Summer Vacation"Closed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Yo-Yo Swap Round #8 "Summer Vacation"Closed. Next Topic
Page: of 3

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  11:40:43 AM  Show Profile
BUMPITY BUMP
Just 3 days to sign up, ladies! I hope you have checked this out since the post has had no comments.

Bump!

Happy August, Yo Yo Mammas! Let's go ahead and update our signup for this swap: I am posting the list we already have for this swap. (Please e-mail me right away if you feel you need to drop out of this one.) Signup ends when we have our 10 swappers or on Aug. 14..whichever comes sooner. So far we have 8. Cut off for sign up is 9PM, Tuesday, August 14.

Please e-mail me with your real name and screen name and mailing address and email. Tell me whether or not you want buttons put on the yo'yo's you will receive. New swappers are sooooooo welcome!!!

Mail out ends September 15.

We are going on Summer Vacation for this swap. Whether you travel or stay in your own back yard is up to you. We will do 2 yo yo's reflecting summer vacation, 2 of summer flowers and 2 of summer potluck (potluck could be foodie, reunion, anything summery.)

Let's continue to make either round or heart shaped yo-yo's---maker's choice. LadyInRed/Peggy has a great heart shaped tutorial on her blogsite--go to the Thursday, Aug. 11 post http:///ladyinredsite.blogspot.com/ The Template size for these yo yo's are 4" to start, with a smaller finished size.

After sign ups close, I will email the list of addresses and when you mail out your yo yo's please attach them to a card or card stock. You might want to write "hand cancel" on the envelopes so buttons are not broken. Tuckins are purely optional; but, fun it you do them. Some do...some don't.

This is an easy project to carry along to waiting rooms or on car trips, etc. (as long as you are the passenger ) Just have FUN!!!

We already have 8:

Lainey Lou
heritagehunter
sissarge
forgetmenot
LadyInRed
cynfullypurple
Jeanna
grannyprayin

And, another thank you to Margo for hosting Round #7!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Oct 01 2012 4:42:32 PM

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  3:31:31 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I saw it, just could not decide if I needed to respond. lol. I am almost thru with mine, just gotta finish buttons. Boy its been busy summer. Not complaining just stating a fact. Have had an episode with my back and hip, for about 6 days, haven't lasted this long in a while. But yesterday and today, seems to be so much better. Garden is gone, but, I have had a little more caregiving with my hubbys aunt. And hubby hurt his shoulder, tomorrow, we have a test on this shoulder to see where we stand. Well, just wanted to respond, so you would know that it is being seen. Looking forward to my partner. Gotta find some tuck ins. Farmgirl #946 Linda

Have a great week!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  07:43:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, for responding, Linda! Yeah, I guess I was hoping someone would.Now, at least I can think our ladies are aware of this swap. So, I will carry on.

Sorry to hear about your back and hip. Pain is so tiring! Sounds like you've had a busy summer being a caretaker. My garden is just coming on..with lack of rain..we have had 2 beans (DH ate them both). lol

I only have one set of yo-yo s sewn..but; they won't take long!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judith...I have been lurking girlie but didn't know you wanted a response. LOL
I have some of my yoyo's done but many more to go. I guess I better get back into the
swing of things. Will take them to my Crafting Group this week, then I can yoyo and
gab until my hearts content.

Here is my new address for the Swap: Peggy Smith/LadyInRed
8500 NE Hazel Dell Ave. E-5
Vancouver, WA 98665

Love ALL You YoYo Mama's!!!!

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  6:27:10 PM  Show Profile
Well, yo-yo mammas, I sent the address list out tonight. (Julie, I sent you an e-mail....my bad..I lost your address for the attachment) We'll get it straightened out Looks like we have 8 Farmgirls swapping. Yay! This will be fun after waiting awhile.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  12:12:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Judith for Hostessing this round. Believe it or not I got all of mine done this week.

They are all ready to package up to mail...but must wait until payday, next week.

Hope some of you who have been in sweltering weather this summer are getting a break. We are
getting the sweltering 3 digit weather now. Tonight I am hot and cranky...we have a severe heat
advisory for the next 2 days.

More Later Girls.
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  12:09:55 PM  Show Profile
I mailed everyones out today. You should receive it Tues or Wed.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  1:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my gosh, Julie and Peggy! I am just on my third set: but having fun working on them! Guess I'd better get crackin'/

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  09:03:23 AM  Show Profile
Looking forward to this!
My first try at yo-yo's! Hoping I do ok??

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  09:45:07 AM  Show Profile
Prayin granny, you just have fun! I'm sure our first yo-yo's were an adventure! Remember, if you have any questions just come on and ask!

Worked on my own yo-yo's last night! I just love the fabrics!

Everybody, please just have a fun time doing these! Remember, you have until Sept. 15 to mail them out!

Today, I am canning tomato juice, pickled banana peppers and bread & butter pickles. Then I will take DGD shopping for school supplies. Then relax by sewing yo-yo's. Yipee!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  8:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
I got your pkg today!!
Thank you! Loved it all and such pretty yo-yo's !!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  12:01:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi My YoYo Mama's!!! I mailed out all the yoyo pkgs today.

Linda Rogers I found out the problem with you not getting your pkg. from me
last time. I have the wrong zipcode for you. So, the post office corrected for
me this time and I put a confirmation of delivery notice on it. I sent you new
YoYo's for Round #7 in with the Round #8 ones too.

Sounds like Julie mailed out all ready too. Feels good huh Julie...to have it all done.

I will once again head up the next round. Just a little heads up...it will be a 2/2/2 all Hearts
Fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Want to thank all my wonderful Hostesses who helped me out and gave me a big break. It was much
need with moving twice in 8 months, with my youngest grandbaby coming down with Kawasaki Disease
and the death of my little Sister last month. I couldn't have made it with out YOU!!! You ROCK!

hugs and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  7:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, glad you figured that out about the wrong zip, amazing what a little thing like a few numbers can make a big difference. Thanks for sending me all the yoyo's. I really appreciate it. I have completed mine, just gotta figure out how I want to fix them. This is a busy week, like all others, but this week is like going somewhere, retirement party, granddaughters, band night and carnival, then dinner to family at our church, and family members coming into town and to visit all day. So hopefully will get these out next monday. Oh goody, fall, thanksgiving and christmas, what fun.
Hope you are getting settled in your new place, and life resumes again.
Julie, I received you yoyo's today, thanks for the tuck=ins and the yoyo are so much fun, good fabrics. Thanks again, looking forward to the next swap.
Farmgirl#946 Linda

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  8:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi, yo-yo mamma's!

Well, the first batch of yo-yo's appeared in my mailbox today! Wow, what a delight! I can tell you had a great time doing this Julie!! And, tuck-ins are a real treat! Can't wait to take pics and post them tomorrow. Thank you, Julie!

'fraid I'm just a little fried with canning peppers and picking grapes today.

Will post in the morning!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  11:07:19 PM  Show Profile
HI GIRLS...I got Julie's Wonderful YoYo's in the mail today! I loved the tucks and thought
your material and buttons were awesome. I will try to post my picture tomorrow...too tired
tonight. But thanks so much!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  12:57:23 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I got your pkg today! Love it all! Thank you!
As I finish a set I will mail them out, will have all mailed out by the deadline!

This is fun ladies!

Hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  3:47:37 PM  Show Profile
Here is the pic of Julie's yo-yo s that I promised to forward to you. This was such a fun envelope to open. I think it is the first one where we have an actual pattern to use the yo-yo's. I can think of two people who may get these for Christmas. Note the flower petaled yo-yo and the tiny one. The fabrics and buttons are all so cute! Julie sent a sweet note telling how she chose her fabrics and buttons. That was fun to read! And, I would never forget the chocolate! Yuuuummmmm! Thanks, Julie!

Can't wait to see more yo-yo's! and take more pics!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Edited by - forgetmenot on Aug 22 2012 5:20:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  3:59:14 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, received your package today, wow, wonderful. thanks so much for including #7 yoyo's I really appreciate, and the extra hearts, the prints are so neat. Thanks for the tuck ins , they were appreciated very much, I had to run over and show my hubbys aunt, I am her caregiver, and I had just been there and then went to the mailbox, and then ran back over there, and had to share with her. she gets excited with them also, she always loves all the prints. I am always happy that I can share with her, she is a sweet little old lady. Thanks again! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  4:01:58 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, got your package today. Thanks so much, for the swap #7 yoyo's and the cut out hearts. I love the prints. And the tuck-ins are precious. Thanks again! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  4:44:58 PM  Show Profile
Linda (Sissarge), Judith, Peggy, and Linda (Grannyprayin) thank you for letting me know that you have gotten your packages. I am so glad you liked them. I'm not sure why I felt I had to explain my fabric choices but I did. I had so much fun with this round.

YO YOS...OO-RAH!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  5:22:19 PM  Show Profile
aaaarrrgggghhh! I am really trying to post a pic of Julie's yo-yo's. Me..frustrated?....never.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  6:04:51 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by forgetmenot

aaaarrrgggghhh! I am really trying to post a pic of Julie's yo-yo's. Me..frustrated?....never.

Farmgirl sister #3926

phew! i thought something was wrong with my computer! no picture!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  8:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Judith, and Margo, think you are having problems, I don't understand how I double posted. lol I thought the first one was lost, it never showed up, now tonight I look and its there. Wow, maybe its just the airwaves playing tricks. This is weird. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  01:25:27 AM  Show Profile
Julie...tried to post your YoYo Picture and it wouldn't post. I will try again tomorrow.
Frustrating when it doesn't want to cooperate! Grrrr!

Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  1:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I received your yo-yo's and goodies today! I've been lurking on some of the other topics and have seen your flower photos...very pretty!
So, I'm not at all surprised to see such beautiful floral prints...with very cute buttons. The tags are very pretty! Can't wait to send them on special gifts. And, pre-cut fabric hearts and O's. What a treat! Thank you for brightening my day..week...month.

I'm still trying to upload these photos. Don't know what is wrong with me..or them. Will keep trying.

I'm just about ready to mail all my yo-yo's out!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  01:11:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi My YoYo Mama's. I tried again to post Julie's photo (so darn cute!) and still can't get it to
post. Well, I can look at it this way...we won't be ruining the surprise for all the rest of the gals. LOL

Linda...so glad the pkg got to you this time. Yahoo!!! And thanks for your patience with me getting
round 7 out to you again.

Judith...yes, I had fun photographing all my new neighbors flowers. So, it just seemed a natural to
share that in my yoyo's. The pre-cut yoyo's I sent (because I always cut out more than I need for
each swap...incase like Linda... it should somehow get lost in the mail)...then I could whip them
up real quickly. So, those little extra's have been piling up over all the swaps...so, one night I
got the brain storm to share them with all of you. The cutting out is always the part I like the least.

OK...glad to know people are getting theirs already. This was another fun swap. SO ADDICTING!!!
Also FYI...everyone got atleast one or two antigue buttons. I love finding those gems to share.

So, many yoyos...sooooooo many projects to do! Remember when the swap is over to share what you've done
with yours...even if you only put them in a jar or box until you know what exactly you want to do
with them. LOL

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Yo-Yo Swap Round #8 "Summer Vacation"Closed. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page