Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Mail Art -- Awesome August 2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mail Art -- Awesome August 2012 Next Topic
Page: of 4

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  12:06:03 AM  Show Profile

Marlene...well blow me away girl...I have never heard of a SMASH BOOK either...but look at me...
thanks to you...I GOT ONE!!!! It has a smash book pen with it...so, I am thinken you must write
in it...am I getting close??? :+) You did a great job on it (just need a few directions for the
bumble berry brain here). LOL

I also liked the cowgirl beverage can holder, the cute little shopping backpack and the Louisiana
Cajun Cooking note card with Recipe on back. I was so shocked to get my Mail Art in a box...I was
cautious opening it up incase something jumped out at me. Ha Ha!

I loved it ALL Marlene, thanks for brightening my day. Hope to get yours out to you on time. I think
I have unpacked all my crafting supplies now it's just a matter of doing something fun...instead of
working on the Apartment.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  07:06:35 AM  Show Profile
Billie Joe your August Mail Art is on its way hope you like it.
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  06:28:07 AM  Show Profile
Glad you liked it Billie Joe, wow that was fast you received it, I can post it for you as I made a copy my picture is not the greatest. I enjoyed this swap as we had just attended the Northern Maine State Fair.
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  06:59:46 AM  Show Profile
What is a smash book? I am curious! I like all the pictures, keep them coming! Thanks everyone for participating!

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

becky 2002
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Becky
Williamsport Ohio
94 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  08:28:14 AM  Show Profile
Thank-you Kathy for the beautiful pin - did you sew all of those sparkly beads on? and the cute State Fair card. It was so much fun to open yesterday - I always show my teasures to my mom who thinks this is the neatest idea. And to Kathy - I have one 2 year old grandson, one who is 3 days overdue and another one due in December - all boys. Thanks again,
Becky
Go to Top of Page

chip
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Chris
Austin Tx
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  05:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Send chip a Yahoo! Message
Rachael,
Your mail art is on its way. Hope you enjoy it
Chip

"Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it will allude you. But if you turn your attention to something else, it comes and softly sits on your shoulder."

Countdown to Kansas!
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  10:51:24 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Main, your mail art went out in this morning's post!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl #134
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  12:09:37 PM  Show Profile
Dear Chris Pruitt, Thank you so much for the awesome State Farm collage and for the two bookmarks! All are so neat and really creative and thoughtful. It really made my whole day to receive it and I appreciate your sending it! I uploaded three pics, and one of them is the back of the bookmarks so you guys can all see how she weaved it together. Really neat idea.
Thanks again! Rachael
Rachael

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  2:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Pam of Arizona,
I mailed your August State Fair Mail Art today. Hope you like it.
Patsy
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  05:37:51 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn so glad that you enjoyed it . I am finally back on here. Computer on the fritz but good now.
Anyway a SmashBooks is a scrapbook but you put anything in it you want. Like the old time scrapbook. You can write in it like a recipe, put a pic of something you love and don't want it to get lost. A card in it. Hundred of things.
So you can buy them but I wanted to make it for you. Walmart has them.
And glad you liked all the things. Had a blast putting it together. So ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  05:59:50 AM  Show Profile
Love seeing all the pics and responses. My Mail ARt in mail today to Anne - nothing like last minute!!
Still hot here in Texas.....

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  10:14:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee...I love the Smash Book...just hadn't heard the term before. Your Mail Art is going out
today. Won't be near as clever as yours...but remember I just moved...and that has messed with
my free thinking creativeness. If I ever had any...I am sure it is still packed in a box somewhere. LOL

I am still looking for all my jewelry. LOL I fear it is in a box in
husbands mess of an office.
It would be easier to throw a stick of TNT in there and pray my jewelry just blows out. LOL

Thanks again. Be looking for your mail art!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 15 2012 10:18:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  12:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rachael, a Smash Book is like a old fashion scrapbook that yoou put anything in. And they have a pen and lttle things to use in them. just go on line and type it in aand alot of sites comes up with it. Hope this helps. Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  3:54:19 PM  Show Profile
Marlee...your mail art went out this morning. I never wait to the last minute like this...
so in my hurry to get it to you...I forgot to take pictures of it (I told you my mind is
in a box somewhere)LOL...so, I hope you will be able to post picture of it...when you get it.

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2012 :  7:49:56 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait!!!!!! Marlee

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  03:14:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi there Peggy :) Marlee's Smashbook is GREAT! I made myself one awhile back & then purchased two, from Michaels that are already made. I use the one like an everyday planner, they have all sorts of add ins & of course you can use your imagination ;) I liked making my own too, using an everyday notebook. Doing the pages for it was so relaxing, I can see why these books are used for therapeutic reasons.

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  03:20:52 AM  Show Profile
Thought I would post a picture of the mail art I sent out this month.A GOOD LUCK horseshoe for entries in the fair & The watermelon was on the front of the package. It was eaten before it could be judged LOL

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

BlackHorseFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Elizabeth
Chicago IL
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  4:56:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy, you are so sweet! And so are those caramels! I gave one to my man and then hid the rest! :D Yours is going out tomorrow.
I will post a picture of the art as soon as my e mail gets the message ;)

http://countrygirlinchicago.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl Sister #4032

Edited by - BlackHorseFarm on Aug 16 2012 4:57:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  8:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I'm looking forward to your mail art!
Mine is going to be late going out, sorry.
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  12:15:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Madison, just wondering if you've received my mail art yet,
kinda worried cause it's been a week and haven't seen any posts
by you. Just a quick one please to let me know it arrived ok.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  1:39:19 PM  Show Profile
PEGGY, PEGGY, PEGGY! I got my MailArt and I LOVE it. YOU made my Day! You know me well, when I was growing up we always went to the county fair.
So this is so special to me. Because I remember those wonderful times.
When I opened the book and found the pocket in the back and found the Goodies. WHOOHOO!!! The cut out of flowers and the stickers of balloons and the ladybugs.I just love it . And the packs of labels Oh I cant tell you enough how much I love it. And the LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST:Card,envelopes and stickers. Peggy Thank You sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS Marlee

Go to Top of Page

BillieJo35
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Billile Jo
Delmar de
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  2:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I keep posting my stuff in the wrong link uggh lol Jill I love the mail art, there is another message on the July link. Anyway, I wanted to get front and back pics of the mail art up. so here it is. :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/kuntryattic

http://www.etsy.com/people/kuntryattic?ref=si_pr

http://www.examiner.com/scrapbooking-in-wilmington/billie-jo-justice
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  12:44:36 AM  Show Profile
Billie Jo (and Jill)...Great Mail Art!!! I have been blessed by Jill's talent several times
over the years...each piece of "anything" she makes is always a Master Piece and a Treasure.

Marlee...Wow girlie, that was fast mail delivery. I am so gad that you got it and that you
liked it...and that you discovered the little pocket of surprises in the back for you. I
Had fun making it for you. I am also still enjoying all my goodies from you. Used My Cow
Girl Soda Can Holder today...trying to keep a little cooler in the Sweltering Heat here.
Triple digit heat the last few days here.

Thanks for being a Great Mail Art Swap Partner!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  06:01:00 AM  Show Profile
http://cheapdiva.typepad.com/the_cheap_diva/2012/08/find-the-best-state-fairs-and-festivals-.html

I thought the link above might be helpful to some of you who have been inspired to actually attend a State Fair.

I hope everyone is having fun with their mail art this month! The deadline for mailing out your art has passed so if you haven't mailed your art, please do so as quickly as possible (I am guilty! Will be going to the post office first thing tomorrow!)

Thank you to whomever thought of this theme and if you all have any suggestions for next month, I am all ears!

Rachael

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  06:16:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the explanation Marlee!

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mail Art -- Awesome August 2012 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page