Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Colorado Friends!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Colorado Friends!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  06:16:39 AM  Show Profile
I am praying for all in Colorado...I do not understand this shooting at a movie..so strange to me and hard to wrap my head around. Going to a movie and a gunman open fire??? It is something I will never understand. I'm keeping all close to my heart and keeping all in my prayers.

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!

Edited by - crafter on Jul 20 2012 06:38:22 AM

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  07:05:37 AM  Show Profile
My heart hurts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My new blog - http://citychickadventures.blogspot.com/ Come visit me!

Farm Girl #790

http://pinterest.com/debbie_s/

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  07:07:59 AM  Show Profile
Praying for everyone in Colorado!

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  07:09:49 AM  Show Profile
Praying for people in Colorado. Like Lori, I cannot wrap my mind around something so senseless.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  07:14:13 AM  Show Profile
So heartless and troubling. Praying for the victims and families.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  08:06:40 AM  Show Profile
This just makes my soul hurt. I've always had sort of a phobia about this happening since Columbine. I don't go to the movies very often, but I'm always aware of what's going on in the theater when I do. I worry when my son goes and he's 32!! It's truly sad times we live in. The innocence has been taken from us. Prayers to those in Aurora. Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  10:30:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you, girls... My soul, my heart, my head... everything hurts.

I think of how much my son and I have always enjoyed squirreling away a rainy day, having lunch and then setting out to see a good movie... it's been something special we have done - just the two of us - ever since he was little. Never in a million years would I have thought anyone would do such a horrific thing. Unimaginable... Inconceivable! They said a baby was shot, too. I just cannot fathom this. All these people wanted to do was enjoy a special night and celebrate the debut of a much anticipated movie. How on earth could anyone justify doing such a thing to such innocent, unsuspecting people? There is no justification. There is only loss of precious life, profound suffering; agony, pain, and even fear. I don't believe there is any answer to the question, "Why?"; to me, this is truly the work of evil.

My prayers go out for God's Holy Love, Consolation, Comfort and Peace to fill the hearts, minds and souls of everyone who has been victimized by this senseless act.

This insanity just has to stop. It just has to stop. Help, Save, Comfort and Defend us, O, Gracious Lord!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jul 20 2012 10:31:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  11:19:00 AM  Show Profile
I will pray for the families in Colorado. There are no words.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  11:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I cannot describe how this troubles me!! I'm in Colorado but clear across the state from Denver, but the impact is so huge. When I read about it on my Yahoo news it is just so gut . . and soul . . . wrenching! And I've read some REALLY HATEFUL comments on Facebook about it, most of it from people in other countries. SOOOOOOO HATEFUL!!!! And that just makes it hurt more!
PRAYING!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:02:16 PM  Show Profile
My DH and I were so shocked and saddened this morning when we turned on the news. We both ended up getting such a late start today. We usually have coffee and watch the news with our dd in the morning. We turned it off as we didn't want her to know. I taught my last day of knitting camp today and afterwards treated dd to lunch at Panera Bread. It was all anyone was talking about. SO, I sat dd down when we got home and we talked about it...saddened that I'm having to discuss this with a ten year old. It's just disgusting...I don't understand what is wrong with people today, and young people at that! We go to the movies as a happy treat..it's always a fun thing. Now it's one more thing we will all have in the back of our minds. I can't imagine it. It's such a needless, tragic, horrific loss! It's a good lesson in being aware of your surroundings as well. Just sad all the way around. My prayers are with all the victims and their families. Deb summed it up well: our hearts hurt.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:10:53 PM  Show Profile
I hate to say I could not sleep again last night and was sitting here working on the computer when this event unfolded. I was so sick to my stomach and my heart just broke. I did call my two sons and woke them up just to make sure they had not by any chance been out there - My youngest had thought of going to see it but had to work today. My oldest was wishing he could have gone but he leaves on a plane today. I have spent the large part of this day in disbelief and prayer. I am like many trying to figure out what is going on with folks anymore. I know there is evil deeds and people in the world but it is getting harder for me to even begin to wrap my head around this... I think I will spend time in my forest with my animals this afternoon and listen for wisdom and guidance. Hugs to you all and sending love and light to all today.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:21:18 PM  Show Profile
Grace...I feel the same way we need to listen for wisdom and guidance! My heart is so broken by this tragedy- how do we turn it around? I'm listening God...please guide me!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:25:34 PM  Show Profile
Girls - PLEASE PRAY! My sister, nephew and niece live only 20 minutes from the movie theater, and no one has heard from them today. Family have emailed, tried cell phones and texting, but no answer. This is HIGHLY unusual - my sister usually always texts my son back within five minutes... she's his favorite aunt! I'm trying not to panic, but I have chills and feel very nauseous. Please just pray for them. I'm praying to God they weren't there... I'm sorry to upset any of you, but we really need prayer right now. Thank you! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:41:05 PM  Show Profile
Nina- praying for your family!!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:54:24 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Lori... They're okay.. My sister just texted my son... Praise God, they're fine. They were at home sleeping. Now we must simply pray for all the others involved. Thank you so much, girls. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  1:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Yes Nini- Praise God!! I am so happy that they are safe..Will continue to pray for each and every family and friend that has lost someone so special to them. And, I will continue to pray for all of us to try and cope with this.

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  1:19:08 PM  Show Profile
Great news Nini!

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  1:22:17 PM  Show Profile
I was just thinking, first Colorado has these horrifying fires ... so now that calmed down (haven't heard anything) and now this.. How much can one State take :(

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  1:33:45 PM  Show Profile
I echo all that has been said! This man clearly became unhinged recently?? But I agree, these crimes seem far deeper than just people mentally I'll. It's just deep controlled evil it seems like.
My heart as others are just aches today!!
I have grown kids with their friends going tonite to see the movie. They have had their tickets for sometime now!! Everyone's hearts are heavy that something so simple and fun as going to the movies should become an act of terror and horror!
So very sad!
Cj, I agree, have seen some awful comments even from our own Americans . How did we get to such mean spirited places anymore? Mean and cruel fb insults by posters against just about everyone and everything??? Really is disheartening. I used to stay quiet on fb. But I'm getting so frustrated at postings and comments that sometimes you just have to take a stand and remind others and even ourselves that this constant hate discourse in our land isn't helpful and certainly isn't Godly or kind?!!
Oh gosh, so sorry for my rants!!! It's just such discouraging, heartbreaking times anymore!

Prayers for all involved and prayers for each of us as a people's and world that somehow in Gods strength we can get thru the hard and difficult times and find kindness and compassion when we speak.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

machick
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Diana
Park City Kansas
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  2:09:00 PM  Show Profile
PRAYERS FOR ALL! Just numb from this news.

May your bobbins always be full!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  2:21:38 PM  Show Profile
Such sadness.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  3:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Praying and sad, scared and just in a state of disbelief. I just dont understand.
Nini I am happy to read that your sister and family are safe.
Praying for all of those affected by this terrible tragedy. Praying that God helps all those involved. Just praying in general- Lord knows the whole world needs prayers!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  6:14:30 PM  Show Profile
I am praying for all the families.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  8:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Nini! So happy to hear that your sister is okay. God Bless.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  8:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Not excusing what this guy did, it was horrifying and evil, but it almost seems that Hollywood is partly to blame. He seems to have been influenced by the villain in the movie. Most people know the difference between real life and the silver screen but there are lots of people who are so mentally unbalanced that these movies influence them in very bad ways. I don't go to movies much anymore, largely because of the violence, sex, crude language, etc. I don't believe in censorship but I wish that Hollywood would monitor itself when it comes to making these kinds of movies. Maybe this tragedy will put pressure on the movie industry to clean up its act. I find the Batman movies to be dark and depressing myself. I guess my image of the caped crusader comes from the old Batman TV series. Or maybe I'm hopelessly out of touch.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  11:32:43 PM  Show Profile
What a heartache in Colorado and around the country as we pray for the people in a state that has had more of it's share lately. SO, SO, sorry as all this goes on. Sending prayers, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Edited by - Joey on Jul 21 2012 8:02:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Colorado Friends!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page