Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Colorado Friends!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Colorado Friends!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  06:04:28 AM  Show Profile
Praying for the families involved. And the momma of the boy who did this. And praying for our country as a whole, we have gone off track and need to remember, "one nation under God".

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  08:16:57 AM  Show Profile
Shanda-

You are so correct "ONE NATION UNDER GOD"...we need our country to get back to it!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  08:33:03 AM  Show Profile
Agree!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  11:59:30 AM  Show Profile
Amen to that....
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  4:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Such sadness and heartbreak watching the news as they listed the ones who had died. The one young fellow, is talking with the reporters about his sister who died, has such strength. He wants his sister to remembered for who she was. I so agree. And the young couple with the two children, how inspiring they are. I hope they have a beautiful wedding, and a wonderful life. Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  8:14:53 PM  Show Profile
In some respects, I agree with Cindy. I remember the TV Batman who was so cool and the word BAM would fill the screen. We seemed so innocent then, but even then bad things happened. I think Hollywood and the videogame people make what sells. If the public stopped demanding it and responding to it, they would make other things. I think the movies of today just reflect so much of the world we live in now. It's heartbreaking. I can't tell you how many times I'm out in public where people are talking or playing games on their cell phones and they are totally uninvolved with the people they are with. I think this is all part of the problem.
I work everyday with mentally ill people and have for almost 40 years. There is such an unnecessary stigma regarding mental illness and so many health plan do not cover or have minimal coverage that so many people go untreated for so long. I have no idea if this gunman is mentally ill but you kinda hope so because there is no rational sense to this otherwise. I guess I want to know how we get back to "the old days". I feel like we have opened Pandoras box and now can't stuff it all back in.
My heart is full of grief for Colorado and for us as a nation. Prayers being sent. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Edited by - Joey on Jul 22 2012 11:24:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  9:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Oh Nini, I am so glad that your family was not there! I lived in CO for many years and still consider it "home". My daughter lives and works two miles form the theater, and she was at work that night (she is a vet doing an internship at a clinic and was on the night shift that night). They saw all the emergency vehicles racing down the street and when she knew what was going on she texted me to let me know that she was OK. A young man who graduated from my kids' high school in Arizona was among the dead and his funeral was yesterday. What happened is just so sad in so many ways. And yes, I am still praying for Colorado.

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  4:53:43 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I'm still praying for Colorado. It still is such a sad thing to think happened. I'm sorry that your kids lost a friend.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  06:00:10 AM  Show Profile
My heart is so broken by this young mans actions and ALL of the people he has affected. Keeping all in my prayers... and praying more for peace and healing!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Colorado Friends!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page