Page: of 2

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  12:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Julie-your dream story was so fun and inspirational to read too. I agree-we must chase after our dreams-eventually we'll catch them! I'm chasing one of my own and hope for it all to come together next spring-a move to NC. I'll make a huge post as soon as the finals are in place. :)
Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  1:33:12 PM  Show Profile
oh ellen as i type this with one hand .. and sing the words as i type them little sofia is lying in my other arm .. eyes darting from my face to the screen ... being more than 15 SECONDS away is a hard thing to do!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  1:57:06 PM  Show Profile
Big smile- :)!
Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

NanaJulie
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Western New York
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  05:48:47 AM  Show Profile
Frannie - Is your newest grandchild named Sofia? My oldest granddaughter is Sophie, and her younger sister is Olivia. We don't know what the new baby's name will be yet, but we do know it's a boy. These are my daughter's children, and like you, are the first "set." When my son settles down, there will be more. I understand about waiting on that second home because of your daughter's future plans. I wouldn't want to be far away from my children and their families either. We thank the Lord all the time that we are so blessed to still have them near us. Our cottage is only 30 minutes away and that does make it easy for family to come visit. Renting a houseboat would be great! I really believe that time spent with your family is so precious and that it continually reinforces the safe haven that is so important in so many ways.
Ellen - Gee, I never thought of myself as inspirational. Thank you , that was very nice of you to say. People get so caught up in the everyday business of life, making it very easy to forget about their dreams. When I start feeling overwhelmed, I make myself take a step back, relax, remember what is important and strive to keep that in focus. It's not always easy though, as we all know.
Julie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  10:55:21 AM  Show Profile
little sofia catherine is snuggled in my arms as i type ..droopy little eyes opening and closing .. making sure i am here as she travels to the land of nod after a big milk snack! sofia is after her great, great grandmother on her dad's side .. and catherine (my middle name) is after here great, great grandmother on her mom's side of the family.

we are pretty much now in our 'vacation' home in kentucky. really couldn't get more heavenly than in those old civil war log cabins in the woods!

olivia is such a pretty name too. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

NanaJulie
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Western New York
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2006 :  3:57:58 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful Frannie. I do so adore my granddaughters. Sophie was also my great aunt's name, on my mother's side. My mother was so touched by that. Congratulations, and your home really does sound wonderful. Well, enjoy that baby. Talk to you soon.
Julie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Waterfront Home Wish Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page