True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  08:02:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
Annie here again. Yes, I am an amateur writer. I enjoy expressing my thoughts in journals, memoirs and poems. I just know there are many of you out there with important and heartfelt thoughts. Perhaps we can enjoy that side of ourselves by posting any writings you want to share. The first poem I wrote is rather long, so I will only post part of it. It came from within me when I lost a series of several of my life long and some of my dear women friends all to various forms of cancer all within 3 years of each other. They all passed away before the age of 55. These women were amazing, true trailblazers in their living. I miss their joy and dedication and the fun we used to have, the support we gave each other during the happy and the sad. Also, in my living I was fortunate to have many mentors in my work and they have passed away. They really helped me become an adult so they were very much like surrogate parents because they fostered so much in us young girls as employees to become good at what we do. I wrote this poem when in the grieving process. In doing so I realized that I had integrated so much of these people's personhood or essence into my own being and existence. I hope you enjoy the poem. And take courage and post your own. We all could use the touch to our souls through your poetry.
Best to you,
Annie
[/i]"The Essence of You"
by CAD "Annie" copyright 2004

Wherever I go, whatever I do, whenever I see,
Did you know my mind speaks with thee?
It's as if you are standing by me,
And feeling this presence I turn to see your face,
I smile quietly realizing it is the essence of you I carry with me in place.
Whether this happens in a crowded room or whenever I am alone,
I'm aware of "how I am" knowing you were with me, but now I am on my own.
I am touched by the gift you have given me and am glad for the time we shared,
I am touched with these heartfelt moments knowing that you really cared.
So I continue with "where I am" and talk with the people around,
But I've caught myself stepping aside as if to give you a place in the crowd.
I try to remember you're no longer here and I try to realize again,
That it is the essence of you that I now carry within.
.......I think of how I have learned to live in joy and in times of strife,
So in every moment I am reminded of your significance in my life.
Wherever I go, whatever I do, whenever I see,
Did you know my mind speaks with thee?
In the treasures of my soul your spirit is saying, "in loss new intimacy can be discovered."
So I am filled with the gift of belonging all the while free, helping me to recover.
Now when I feel compelled to step to the side, to turn to acknowledge your felt presence,
I do so knowingly, smiling inside, filled with a special reverence.
For I have thought of you again in moments of remembrance and reflection,
In this my soul is filled with peace of mind, gratitude and affection.
[/i]

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.

Edited by - AnnieinIdaho on Oct 29 2013 3:38:09 PM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  10:19:15 AM  Show Profile
Bravo, Annette. I really enjoyed your poem. Very heartfelt! Amazing work. I never wrote a poem. I do write in journals, just for myself. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to read more of your works.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  10:45:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh Annie, your poem is beautiful and such a tribute to your friends. What nice words to acknowledge your multilpe losses.
I haven't written poems in a long time and I used to write so many in my 20s. I want to quote the only Shakespere I committed to memory (probably also in my 20s and so romantic): "and when he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night." It's from Romeo and Juliet. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  10:51:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, cute poem story. This past Thanksgiving I was fortunate enough to be with my DD and family. I asked the 10 yr old to write a poem to read that day. She never really got in the spirit and said something only 2 lines long. Then I read the poem I wrote when I was 10 thanking God for a billion things-probably 16 lines long. As I'm reading (on and on) she says to her mother under her breathe "are we ever going to eat?" After dinner my DD said my poem was good and did I write it as a school assignment. I said "no, it was just for family Thanksgiving dinner." My DD shook her head and said "Mom, that's pathetic. You were such a nerd!" Joey

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  6:16:03 PM  Show Profile
That was really a nice poem Annette, I really would like to read the rest of it...
I wrote some poems a long time ago and had fun doing so if you don't mind I would like to share two of them I wrote.
The first one I wrote for my daughter when she was little it is called:
Baby Girl

What is a baby girl? Sweetness and love pony tails askew, A God send from above, never know what she is going to do.
Rattle in her hand, flailing wildly around dolly in demand, bottles all around and cooing while she is happy crying when it's time for nappy.
Such a little pumpkin! Such a little sweetheart. She has you wound around her finger and makes you want to linger.
Time flies past, she'll grow to fast!
So give hugs and kisses every day, and she'll grow and love you in every way...

She grew up into a very loving lady...

This one is for those little ones who need a little love.

Bears are loved.
Sharing a bear with those in need, something that won't hurt them indeed.

Because....

Bears are sweet, and they don't yell back!
Bears are stuffed, so they can be roughed.
Bears are neat, and they quietly listen,
Bears are fluffed, so they can be brushed.
Bears are soft and squishy so they can be hugged and loved.
The comfort they give to the little ones whom with they live is special.
So please share, please care, please give a bear.

Anyway thanks for letting me share them.
Have a wonderful evenin
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  10:23:05 AM  Show Profile
Ahhh, those are sweet. Motherhood was my most favorite job!
Now that I have an empty nest, my daughter still calls me often. But I so remember the joy of raising her! Those poems are keepsakes for sure.
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  12:22:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! I recently started a blog as a way to tap into my creative writing side. I write about real things happening in my life. I hope you enjoy!

Nightingale
I've been awakened every night after midnight these past few weeks by the singing of a handsome little bird outside my bedroom window. His resilience is inspiring as he sings on for hours. He stands tall with his chest out and his feathers fluffed up, waiting for his soul mate to find him and live out the rest of his life.

As beautiful as he looks sitting in the shadows of my tree, singing his songs, I grow more tired and just want to sleep. As he continues to sing throughout the night, I watch, and slowly grow to understand his faithful persistence. He is true to what he believes, and will not be swayed.

As I stare out the window, and watch the wind blow and the rain come down around him, he does not waiver. He stands tall and fast on his branch, and begins to sing even louder so he can be heard over the sounds of nature. A distant streetlight casts a soft halo around him. He looks like a vision from heaven. I don't understand, how could any bird resist him?

The rain slowly stops and daylight begins to invade the night sky. Morning has finally arrived. My little bird shakes off the excess water on his feathers and begins to preen himself so he looks his best. He's not dismayed in the least that he's not succeeded in his quest. What a lesson we should all learn.

As he fly’s away to search for breakfast, he has hope in his heart, and knows that he must rest up today because maybe tonight, will be the night he meets his soul mate.

Although my heart aches for my little bird and is very heavy, my hopes for him are high. I also go searching for breakfast and to take a nap. I know that tonight, when midnight arrives, my little bird won't be far away. Again, me, and my Nightingale will wait together for as many days as it takes for his soul mate to arrive.

The Vintage Garden Girl @blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  2:06:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow...that is great. And in that short story lies a childrens book. Think of the artwork that could accompany that story. Or even maybe a one pager in the MJF Magazine! So cool!
Annie

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  3:35:30 PM  Show Profile
Darlene & Lori: very beautifully written poems!! Have either of you published them?
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  3:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Annie & Marly, thank you so very much, I'm so glad you enjoyed my little story. Who knew that a few weeks of no sleep with that bird outside my window would inspire such a great little story. I've been published but live the idea of a children's book. Any illustrators out there?

Lorie

The Vintage Garden Girl @blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  5:55:05 PM  Show Profile
I did have one published once but that was years ago but I don't think it was one of these two.
I love reading all of these.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  3:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Lorie, that is beautiful. So well done that I could easily picture the bird in my minds eye. When we lived in Tallahassee the birds sang so loud in the morning that they woke me up. They were SO noisy and it annoyed me. THen we moved to Baltimore, MD-2 blocks from the busiest fire house in the city and I will never complain about birds again! LOL. Joey It would make a lovely childs book.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  5:00:24 PM  Show Profile
I agree, Lorie. Keep us posted if you do start the book. Good luck.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  2:23:33 PM  Show Profile
I usually don't write poems that rhyme but I wrote this recently and decided to share it:
Letting others decide
Who you should be
Is the quickest route
To sheer misery

The soul has its longings
And won't be denied,
Despite all the wrongings
That cause it to hide

Censure and shame-
Twin fruits of evil--
Tie up and twist
The spirit primeval

The soul strives and struggles
Against sin and dis-ease
Seeking the truth
That strengthens and frees

Life is for living
The time is now
Set your soul free
As only you know how

Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  4:54:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I've started some illustrations for my forthcoming children's book. I'll start to expand my poem to a story after I get back from New Orleans in a couple of weeks.

Lorie

http://thevintagegardengirl@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  5:20:26 PM  Show Profile
That was great Cindy, thanks for sharing it...
I can hardly wait to see your childrens book Lorie. I will be waiting to hear more.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  5:33:41 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I loved your writing. Such feeling! Keep writing!

Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  3:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, That is a great poem with much wisdom. We each need to walk our own journey and not let others "write our program". I've been away on a trip and so it took me awhile to respond to your writing.
Keep a going!
Annie

Go to Top of Page

Clee
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Cindy
Hampton VA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  4:14:09 PM  Show Profile
I am so enjoying these poems and comments...Some beautiful work here!

You can take the girl from the farm, but never the farm from the girl.
http://www.thenourishednana.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  04:14:31 AM  Show Profile
This was such a joy this morning to have stumbled upon this Chat.

Thank you, Ladies,for the absolutely wonderful poem that have lifted my heart and made me smile.

MJ

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  09:25:59 AM  Show Profile
I like your poem, Cindy.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  12:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene! Things are moving along. I worked a little this weekend, but just had to get out in the sunshine and garden. I needed to feel the dirt this weekend. I'll certainly keep you posted on my progress. Have a great week!

Lorie

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  1:00:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lorie,
Ya know sometimes it is better to be outside digging getting your fingers into the soil and just feel the peace of being outside. That makes your creativity come even better.
I have been thinking of putting my bunch of poems in a small book of some sort. I have enough there that I could. It would be for my family mostly. I have never done that though. I have to think about it.

Well you want to hear another one of my goofy ones?
Well until others put there writings up here here is another one.
A little laugh for the day..

FEET
Feet are narrow, feet are wide
Feet have bunions you wish to hide
Feet are short, feet are long.
Feet keep you standing, that can't be wrong.
Ten toes on two feet, wiggle away,
Stub one and cry they may.
All day feet are used,
This makes them very much abused,
Wash them, soften them, shoe them well,
Feet could have some great stories to tell

Take care of feet, put them to bed.
And that is all that need be said.

Have a fun day and be sweet to your feet...
hugs

darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  7:51:32 PM  Show Profile
Here's one I came up with this evening:

The butterfly dances in the wind,
I wonder where it has been.
To the amazon and back,
or deepest Peru,
or maybe just to the local zoo.
With fairy wings of gossamer light,
It brings spiritual peace on a summer's night.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  8:41:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh that was really nice Lesley. I love that.
It makes feel at peace and and just floating with the butterflys.
thanks.
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  09:07:36 AM  Show Profile
It is fun when a poem just flows from an observation. I am glad we have a sense of wonder and amazement for the world we were born into.
Have a good day!
Annie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Post Your Poems Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page