Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  11:22:01 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, what a nice poem. I'll read that one to my husband. His feet are always hurting him. Maybe he'll find comfort in the words of the poem.
Thanks.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  11:33:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marly
I worked at a cheese factory when I wrote that and my feet were probably talking to me when I wrote it... It was fun...
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Funny, Darlene. My husband is a Printer and he's on his feet all day, on cement. Every day when he gets home, he puts his feet on an ice pack. It seems to help. He liked your poem, too.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  8:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Well I figured a little fun is needed sometimes. Thank you.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Lorie.Vance
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Lorie
Tampa FL
200 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  04:04:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene! I agree, dirt just makes you feel better. I'm looking forward to your poem compilation, please go for it! I'm considering taking a semantically from my busy work life just so I can dig, paint, write, embroider, crotchet, can, knit, cross stitch, beekeep, talk to chkens, etc... I'll keep you all posted!

Lorie

http://thevintagegardengirl@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  2:00:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lorie
that sounds like a good time. I hope you get to take a break.
I cross stitch, crochet a little ,paper craft, draw zentangle, and what ever other crafts I have learned here on MJF. I am working on a new altering project which I will let you know later if it works out. I like calligraphy especially but don't always keep up with it like I should and I love photography. I will think about making a poem book sometime soon and a new one here someday soon. Thanks for reading...I appreciate critics too if anyone can give me pointers.
take care
darlene
Anyway
have a good day
hugs
Darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  4:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Wow, You all are talented!! :-) I loved the butterfly poem, Lesley, and your poem, Cindy! The feet poem was great too! :-) Here's one I wrote a few days ago:

Happy Ending

When you start out right,
and end so bad,
the idol that crashed
creeps back and back,
you're so tired of trying,
and all life is crying
and the hand that you hold
you're told that its cold,
don't believe the lie
sunshine DOES fill the sky,
all you have to do is un-try
cause you're too weak.
Yes, I'm a failure,
but He's a victory.
I'm a sad story,
but He's the happy ending.
He's the Happy Ending.

Farmgirl Bre
"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  4:45:06 PM  Show Profile
Breanna, "Happy Ending", is beautiful. Thanks for sharing His words with us, even though they are your words. Nice.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  9:12:45 PM  Show Profile
Breanna
That is a wonderful poem, it has so much feeling to it.
I almost forgot this site well now I guess I will have to put another one up.

Here is one that I wrote about Butterfly's

Butterfly's are the Lord's creation
A new life they portray.
Something of beauty that can't be compared in any way,
The beauty they bring to all, is a sight to behold,
And also a quiet peace untold.
We who live on this earth need to care that the butterfly's can live
And make sure that with clean air, no pollution can we give.

by Frances Farmer

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Oct 24 2012 9:20:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  9:21:12 PM  Show Profile
I love Lesley's Butterfly dance.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  12:17:57 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have any Christmas poems to share?
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2012 :  4:18:53 PM  Show Profile
Hum okay its been a long time since I wrote a poem. But I will give it a try.

On Christmas night
With the sky so clear
We see a bright star
That shines so near
We remember the baby
That was born in a manger
With angels near by
To keep him from danger
Remember to pray
On this special night
For he was the blessing
His birth brought us life

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2012 :  10:17:58 PM  Show Profile
That was wonderful Dorinda
Thanks I needed that. I will have to think of one maybe.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2012 :  12:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
Great going on this topic! Since I started the posting, I think it is time to share another one of my poems, especially since a Christmas Poem was asked for. I dedicated it and wrote it in 1995 for my husband Roger.

Christmas Gifts

"Once again the season is here,
for Yuletime bliss and lots of cheer.
Put on your coat and come with me
out to find our Christmas tree.
The air is crisp and scented fine
with delicate smells of Christmas pine.
I look at your cheeks pink with color
and nuzzle my face in your collar.
We laugh and kiss and touch and swoon
as if we were under a romantic moon.
I just love being with you and you with me,
and carrying back our special tree.
It reminds me that even in the midst of Christmas glimmer,
it is a time for me to remember,
the most precious gifts I have been given...
the gift of time to live,
the gift of time to love."

Merry Christmas,
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2012 :  3:38:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Annie
that was really nice.
I do love reading poems.

hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  12:35:36 PM  Show Profile
Are there any other Holiday poets out there? I would love to read them.
You are welcome to post and share with all our farm sisters, I am sure they would love them too.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2013 :  9:35:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters,
Well, I do not have another holiday poem easily accessible as I have been busy packing for my move to the Coeur d'Alene, ID area. Soon escrow will close and in a couple of weeks my husband and I will begin a new adventure with acreage :-) However, as I was packing my desk contents I did come across a prayer I had written in 1996. So enjoy this prayer. I enjoy reading Native American Prayers and Poems on the internet. Here is MY PRAYER: May the Lord be with me all the days of my life, bless me and keep me until I dwell in the home of heaven with my Lord and those I love forever. May my days on earth be useful and may I bring joy to others who come my way. Thank you for my gift of life and the time to enjoy heaven on earth. Thank you for the song in my heart and for letting me commune with the angels. Thank you for love, for the freedom to choose, and your gifts of nature which nurture my soul. Thank you for those dedicated to helping foster physical, mental and spiritual health. Bless their efforts and thank you for those who have touched my life with love and kindness. Bless those I love, touch their spirits with peace and joy. Keep harm away from their door. We are always together in spirit, for this sacred place where my soul can meet the essence of whom and what I cherish, and becomes a part of my spirit, as love always and forever more. I am truly grateful. I ask this in the name of God, the Father and Holy Spirit and his wonderful Divine Grace. Amen.

Signing off for a bit of time to move and unpack. It's a race as the snow is beginning to fly.
:-) Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2013 :  08:36:33 AM  Show Profile
What a delightful thread. I just found it and the heart and talent here is amazing!

I often write poems for special occasions like the retirement of a friend, a wedding, a new baby's arrival.
Here is one I wrote for a Harvest Moon mail-art swap.

Harvest Time
For the richness of the soil,
Glorious sun and gentle rain.
For the fertile seeds we planted,
That grew to bountiful grain.

For the strength to do the labor
To grow the crops we need.
The faith that guides us daily
And does our spirits feed.

Our reverence for the land,
The family we hold dear.
We thank you very deeply, Lord,
For another fruitful year.

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  11:27:46 AM  Show Profile
I like to write Haiku. Three lines, five syllables in the first and third lines, and seven in the second. They are short, which is why I think I like them.... I am not very good at it, but it is fun to try and put an image into three short lines.

As a child I laid
Beneath the lighted branches
Secret Christmas world.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Nov 14 2013 12:47:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  09:49:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Annie, Susan and Shirley Jean,

I love all your poems, that really is a lovely poem/prayer from the Native American prayers Annie, thanks for sharing it with us.
I hope your move went well and that the unpacking is almost finished for you so you can enjoy the holidays.

Susan your Harvest Time poem is really nice it made me feel really good when I read it. Thanks

Jeannie I never understood Haiku because some of them didn't make sense to me, I really like yours and thanks for telling what to do to write one. This is very nice.

hugs to you all and Happy Thanksgiving

darlene

by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  6:20:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Again,
I need to clarify my last posting. I enjoy reading Native American Poems and Prayers on line. But I also wrote "My Prayer" as an ending to a journal I wrote on the last few decades of my life. So "My Prayer" is not a Native American Prayer. But I glad you liked it. Spent today unpacking from our move to Idaho. Yeah! Annie I will soon change my "handle".

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  06:18:40 AM  Show Profile
Anna Pearl’s Attic
By Sherone Taylor, Anna Pearl’s Grand-daughter

A childhood adventure, my sisters and I
Would embark, as we all recall
Into the small attic, in search of treasures
Three little girls would crawl.

One section was bright, lit by the sun
Through a window, warm beams were cast
Herein was found every beautiful thing
A young woman’s treasures of past.

Under the eave was a tiny wood door,
Mysterious treasures beyond.
Here lay the golf clubs, books and tools
Things of which Grandpa was fond.

In the back of the attic, away from the light
In a space we feared a great deal
Jars of home canned fruit and vegetables hid
Ingredients of our next meal.

The attic is cleaned out, the little girls grown
Grandma and Grandpa have passed.
Memories of childhood adventures
To the back of our minds have been cast.

Once in while, a sight, smell or taste
Perhaps a found object of art
Will bring memories of Anna Pearl’s attic
Back into the face of our hearts.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/sherone

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  8:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh I really enjoyed your poem Sherona,
I could just see it all in my mind, what fun and memories it would bring.

Annie you are changing your handle? I will be waiting to see what it is. Did you get moved yet? Did you get the snow up there?

Well you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and take care.

blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  1:19:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene,
Yes, instead of AnnieinHenderson it is now AnnieinIdaho. We are partially moved (drove up with all the good things that a commercial mover will not take) I also drove with my car loaded with all my fragile antique glass collection and chinaware. The house is nearly finished being painted, and new carpets and pads being installed. I had the grout and tile floors cleaned and sealed. We did get a good snow that lasted a few days and I was treated to a herd of 30 or so elk walking on the path on a huge granitic and gneiss rock that spans 320 feet wide and very high. It runs along the back boundary of our acreage. I had a great day exploring my acreage in the snow, looking for the dead wood that needs to be hauled out, and pathways cut back for clearance to walk. So much to do but everything I love to do! We are back in Henderson until Dec. 5th when we fly back. The commercial movers load Dec. 3rd. Sherone, what great memories. Not many attics to rummage through these days, which is why I love a good thrift store and antique mall.
Enjoy another one of my writings:
A Lake Meditation
Relaxing....Focusing....Visualizing, the magnificent beauty of Big Bear Lake on a full moon's night, gentle breezes, cool water, standing pine trees circle around.
Glistening moon beamed ripples traveling past my canoe, catching my dark silhouette as I glance back to the lake shore.
Gliding along with slow measured paddle I gaze at the dance of light skimming the surface, following its reflection to the horizon and on to the heavens.
My floating becomes circular and the wonder I hold for my surroundings, for the life force within all things living above, below, and beyond, Whispers a question back to my heart,
"How can you so highly regard these gifts of life, the miracles of Earth and it's universe without recognizing your own special and unique place among the amazement?"
I rest my paddle and let the star's perspective show me traveling along the lake's surface, a living being amongst earth's living scenery, Alone; yes, but a being integrated with my planet home.
All the awe and the reverence I hold for earth and its nature, reflected across the moonbeam onto me floating in my canoe, And the canoe became my vessel on the journey to myself and my being began to sing the song of belonging. Copyright CAD November 2, 1994
Take care, Annie

Edited by - AnnieinIdaho on Nov 21 2013 1:21:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  8:19:57 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Annie that was lovely...I enjoyed gliding along in the canoe.
I loved it very much.

It sounds you have a great place to move to even if it does snow. Be careful with those Elk though.

hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Post Your Poems Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page