Page: of 14

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  07:13:52 AM  Show Profile
That's what I say about the different voices. Each of my cats know their voice I have for them.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  08:21:27 AM  Show Profile
toooo funny Marly!

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  1:41:47 PM  Show Profile
My sweet boy is hiding he was outside and the sky turned dark and i could here thunder and Sox was nowhere to be seen. I think he is hiding in the shop, he can get up stairs and that is his favorite place besides the house. He was being very insistant for me to give him more and more food. I have a place container that i keep his food in Sox was putting his paw up on the top of it to let me know "I want some food now" attitude. So mommy gives like she always does then he jumped upon the ottoman took a nap. lololol.Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  7:56:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Marlee!!! You love Sox just as I love all my kitties. I can read/hear it in your writing. Lucky Sox.
I've been out of town all day. Tomorrow I'll have more time to let you and Teri know about my cat Mrs. Izzeee. She was a sweatheart.
Thank you both for continuing the chatter about our sweet cats.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  8:23:29 PM  Show Profile
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to mention something funny. Last night I had a dream. In the dream a book agent called and said he was very interested in our book. He only wanted us to talk to Teri about changing her name to Marley. That way we would have Marly, Marlee, & Marley. My husband said I was laughing in my sleep, and he asked me why I kept saying my name three times. He said, "Sweetie, you sat up in bed and said Marly, Marlee, and Marley. Yes." ROFL
Something in my head, in my brains is telling me we've got to do this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meow, Marlee. Meow, Teri (Marley) Isn't that a hooooooooooooot.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  9:53:01 PM  Show Profile
okay it's almost midnight and I am ROFL! okay, from now on just call me Marley!

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  07:31:32 AM  Show Profile
OK, Marley. I think it's cool. Three cat authors all name Marly, Marlee, & Marley. What a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  07:57:13 AM  Show Profile
I should have said, What a meow....................
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  12:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Marlee, it rained and thundered here today. I hope Mr. Sox is not in hiding. Hugs.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  2:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi M&M,
Not much goin' on here today, we could use some of that rain Marly.
I'm have a pain day today, knee hurts. Didn't sleep to much last night.Hope all is well.

The third M
Marley (Teri)

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  3:29:32 PM  Show Profile
I love "The third M". I was going to open with: Hi Teri Marley. You beat me to it! LOL
Sorry about the pain. Is it better today? I hope so.
I just noticed the Hi M&M. Cute! Now its MMM or instead of TNT it's MTM.
I'm finishing up Mrs. Izzeee's story. I'll post that soon.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  4:24:32 PM  Show Profile
okay ... I am trying to get some more range back to my knee, just must have went to far.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  4:45:18 PM  Show Profile
If I'm not being too nosey, what happened to your knee? You don't have to answer if you'd rather not.
I do hope and I will pray that your knee doesn't give you grief tonight.
Where is Marleeeeeeeee? Busy, I guess.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  6:16:59 PM  Show Profile
I just typed A half page and blink gone. Grrrrrrrr! So I was sitting with an elderly lady today. So i've been out most of the day.
Marly I love the dream you had, I know that was a sign to do the book or something. And I love coming on here and talk about our puddy-tats.
And Teri ,I love we would be the three M's. What a Hootie! When I came home my sweet boy was sitting in the middle of the carport, It was like he was guarding the place . So I gave him some mommy Hugs and snuzzling then fed him. Happy cat!!!!!
Teri-M, hope your knee feels better.I've had knee pain, and wow does that hurt. So will keep you in my prayers. I will be back in a few. Hungry.
Meow from Marlee!

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  6:33:20 PM  Show Profile
I'll tell you what happened I had a 70lb. Golden Retriever Ernie came running at me full speed, he zigged and so did I ... Nobody zagged, so hello ER and fracture, it really is a mess. It took them 1 month before they sent me for an MRI, now they are trying to cover their butts.
I have already been out of work for 5 weeks ... I got photos I'll share tomorrow.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  6:46:33 PM  Show Profile
Teri that is horrible. What the heck is taking them forever to do something. I hate that. If they were in pain, they would want it done now.!
Teri can I ask where do you live in KY, I ask because I grew up in Indiana.
How are the Kiddies today?

Marly how are your sweetie Cats today?

Sox is very well today this morning rolling in the dirt when I left!

Hugs Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  6:53:00 PM  Show Profile
That must be maddening! It would to me. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'm sure your kitties are helping.
Marlee: I say PUDDY CATS, too. How funny. We are cat women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Sox was just waiting for his mommy to get home. He must have been starving! My cats tell me that hourly, how starving they all are.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  7:00:46 PM  Show Profile
Marly when I let him in in the mornings, you would think he is on his last leg of living beccause he is so hungry. I give him some food. He lays on the ottomen until I head for the kitchen here he comes fast as he can meow....meow.....meow. So I give him a little food to keep him happy. That is until I passed the pantry. And Im sure you know that little scene. Their hilarious arent they. Yes we are cat women. HEHEHEHEH.
Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  7:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Marlee: do you feed Sox only dry food, or can food? I feed my tribe both, at the same time. I also add a little water, it makes like a gravy. They just love it.
Of course, my cats could eat five times a day. I feed them in the morning and in the evening. However. they do get lots of treats during the day. All of my cats are Fat, except Pepper. She likes to keep her shape. LOL.
Hugs to Sox.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  7:14:23 PM  Show Profile
Mrs. Izzee (the cat)
My husband and I were walking down our front street one afternoon. On the walk back toward the house, we heard a pitiful meow. A really fast meow, meow, meow.
We stopped for a few seconds to listen. Out from a vacant house ran this kitten. She may have weighed six pounds. She ran right up my hubbys legs and into his arms. I looked at her and noticed one of her ears was mangled, her tail was not straight, and she had big clumps of hair missing with blood on her skin. And her nails were bleeding.
When we got her home to really check her out, my husband said, "This is not a kitten, this is a mature cat." I called the vet and brought her in immediately. The vet said she had been attacked, that she probably had been hiding, and it looked like she had recently had kittens. When he said that, I remembered on our walk, my husband and I had seen two dead kittens that had been gutted open. Coyotes had done that, we knew, we had seen that before. I told the vet to do whatever he could to keep the cat alive. I named her Mrs. Izzeee. She came home about four weeks later. Her ear-drum had been bitten into and she was deaf in one ear. About six of her teeth had to be removed. The coyotes had bitten down on her jaw causing her teeth to cave downward. By trying to protect her kittens, her nails were almost pulled out. She was stitched up all over her body. She made a wonderful recovery. The vet said she was probably trying to defend her kittens from the coyotes but she realized it was a loosing battle. About two weeks later, one of my neighbors came by and saw Mrs. Izzeee. She says to me, "I didn't know Smokey was here." WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This neighbor should have never had one pet. Any who... I told her what happened, and asked if she wanted to see the vet bill. No. I could have the cat. She was mine. At the time, Mrs. Izzeee was 9 years young. She lived a wonderful and happy and fat life.
Mrs. Izzeee was a home body. She loved her new house. She was a sweet, sweet cat. Two weeks before Hurricane Rita flooded our area and home, Mrs. Izzeee was looking for a place to die. I had gone out looking for her several times. I finally realized what she was doing. She was old and ready to go on to Heaven. I brought her to the vet. We buried her in the backyard with all the other pets that had died.
She would have never lived through that flood. The water came up five feet. She would have surely drowned. I often think, Mrs. Izzeee, knew what was coming.
Mrs. Izzeee was 20 years old.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  7:35:30 PM  Show Profile
Marly you gave her a beautiful life. She lookes so sweet and lovable. Cats do find their place to died when they know their time is coming.
Now she is happy and back with her babies. I really love her name. You and Teri have the cutest names for your furbies.
I do feed Sox just dry cat food , but i am going to start giving him some canned since he is getting older. I have given him canned before.
Give all th puddies a snuggled for me. Hugs Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  8:08:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marlee. I divide two cans of cat food for my four outside cats. Then I sprinkle a small handful of gravel on top. Then I add water, they think it's gravy! They love it. But, remember they are all fat. I would not say that in front of them. No way!
I think Sox should have can food. How old is he?
Mrs. Izzeee had a wonderful life, for sure, but, in return, she gave us a much better and happier life.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  05:57:58 AM  Show Profile
I think Sox is seven. I have been thinking about giving him canned cat food since he is getting older.
Right now he is konked out on the ottomen sleeping away. He must have got enough food because he hasnt moved since he got up there.
Cats seem to make their owners lives so much richer. I know Sox has made mine. Meow Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  08:42:01 AM  Show Profile
It seems like Mr. Sox has his mommy wrapped around all of his little paws! That's the way it should be, I believe. My five cats have me wrapped, but they really think I'm just a really big cat.
Is Sox your only cat? You're such a good cat mommy, you should have more.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  09:17:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marley,
What a beautiful story! And a long life, so glad you took such good care of her.
And you are right SOME PEOPLE should never have animals of any kind! I am even including goldfish on that one!
You all know I have barn cats, but who doesn't know where their cat is! Really, make me mad to think about stuff like that.
Took this one yesterday, I needed a smile, and my girl Clack gave me one.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com

Edited by - kysheeplady on Jul 27 2012 09:19:54 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Farm & Barn Cats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page