Page: of 14

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  6:49:15 PM  Show Profile
Where's Teri??????? I hope she's not leaving us, Marlee...... We need our authors for the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope she's okay.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  6:50:08 PM  Show Profile

Henry Dragon's story continued:
Even though my husband was Henry Dragons rescuer, he did not like him one bit.
One weekend, we drove to the camp. Henry Dragon was in a cat cage in the back seat. When we got off the interstate, we heard this tiger growling. My husband and I were scared to death. We each asked, what was that. That growling was coming from that tiny little kitten, Henry Dragon. He had thrown-up all over that cage and himself. He was car sick. It took us hours to clean him and the cage up.
The next night, my hubby and I were laying in bed reading. We each had a book.
Here comes Henry Dragon, rubbing on me, and his tail is flicking at my Sweetie.
A minute or two later, I look at my hubby and say, "What is that all over your glasses?" There was a million little water spots on his glasses. That cat had sprayed him with a light mist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy, did we howl at that. My husband wasn't too happy with my little kitty.
More later.....

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  6:52:05 PM  Show Profile
LOL.... That is so cute. I have a towel on the ottoman and if i put my hand under the towel. He jumps on it. My hubby uses a back scratcher and runs it under the towel. He thinks its coming after him. He grabs and hang on tight. My boy is hilarious. Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  6:57:33 PM  Show Profile
That's one of the reasons I love my cats so much. They make me laugh all the time. I mean, Gracie will see me put my hand in the crocheted hat, but still think somethings coming to get her. Marlee- we are all going on about our cats like they are children. I do call my cats my little children. When I feed them, I always ask, "How are my children or babies doing today?"
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  7:14:18 PM  Show Profile
I know: CUTE. I always say "How's my little Sox boy today! And he was petted and in turn he rubs again my hand, and licks my hands. Thats to let you know he loves me.
They are our kids. They actually act like it to. Play,Eat, Mischevious, Naps, over and over . HeHe Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  7:16:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi, girls ... still here, been a long day, 6 more weeks off of work a fracture, but I have a better brace.
I have a story about my Scooby cat up a tree story. I'll tell you that one tomorrow.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  7:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Teri hope you heal fast. Can't wait to here about Scooby Cat. Until tomorrow.....MEOW........................Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  10:57:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee and Teri! Busy, busy today. Teri, God speed on the healing. Can't wait for the story.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  11:42:59 AM  Show Profile
running back and forth trying to clean the attic up a bid ... will share scooby story a bit later. Hope you aboth are staying cool. Think we might get more rain.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  2:06:24 PM  Show Profile
okay here goes, Scooby was my "special" kitty ... meaning he was not the brightest bulb in the box, but oh so sweet and soft. I have to tell you this first, I think I am cursed when it comes to gray and white kitties ... everyone I have owned has not made it ... they either ran off ( which is what I like to think) or they were hit by cars ... I won't go there.
Anyway, my Scooby kitty was a good outside cat, he never really took to the inside, of course another throw away. One night he did not come when called for dinner ... okay, no big deal one night, at that time I lived waaaaaay out in the woods.

So I went to bed, window cracked a little for air, and I am awakened by a dream or what I think is a dream ... I hear a faint meow ... so weak. I go out on the back deck and I call for Scooby, nothing ... call ... nothing ... I go back inside convinced it is a dream.

Next day still no Scooby,come home from work I call all the other kitties and still no Scooby, but, I can hear ... that same ... faint ... meow. I follow it calling Scooby ...here kitty, kitty, kitty ... as I am walking in the woods ... I cross over the rock wall and keep tramping through the woods calling and calling and every now and then a faint meow.

Finally, I stop still and wait ... and sure enough a little meow ... I now realize he is here ... he is alive ... where is he ... And then it hits me ... LOOK UP DUMMY ... and sure enough there he was in a 30 foot standing dead wood. with no branches but at the very top of the tree! yep ... I can see him ... he is shivering ... so cold ...

I wait till hubby gets home ... I told him I found the cat, but I need help getting him. Me and hubby trample through the woods and I point there he is!

Hubby, thought I was crazy! he told me he can't climb a tree with no branches! And really he was right ... I knew it ... just didn't want to hear it.

So he said,just leave him their and he will come down on his own ... I put food on the tree so he could smell it, thinking he has not eaten ... surly he will climb down.

Well, next day he was still there.

Hubby went to work and came home ... thinking he would be down. NOPE, STILL UP THE TREE!

So he said there is only one thing to do ... What is that? climb the tree with a rope? get a ladder?

Nope, I'm here to tell you it was none of those ideas that I came up with ...

It was a chainsaw ... Well, of course I'm screaming no! you'll kill him ... he will never make it! STOP! WAIT! NOOOOO!!!!!

And buy the time I got the last no out ... it was getting dark ... I see the tree slowly falling through the woods ... the kitty hanging, on hanging, on hanging, on and JUMPING!

I thought that's it ... he's dead ... I'll go try to find his body to bury him ... and as I just start to cross the rock wall, ( cause yes, that was not our property) I see a flash ...

I follow it, and there was Scooby on the back deck eating!

Now, was he completely unharmed? No, he fractured his pelvis, brought him home form the vet, cause there is nothing they can do.

He lays under my bed for 2 weeks, I think he is never gonna walk again.

Then one day, out from under the bed he comes ... walking a little sideways, but walking ... YES! walking! If I had not seen the whole thing play out I never would have believed it for a minute!

TRUE TRUE TRUE. That was over 10 years ago.

And to this day I will not have a gray and white cat. If some throws them out ( which they did last year) I immediately find them a home.

BOY! That was a lonnnnnnnng story!

Sorry I took up so much of your day girls.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  2:51:24 PM  Show Profile
That little Scooby what in the world was he thinking. So glad it turned out the way it did. But that is a story that will be remembered. With all the cats I have had ,I don't think I've ever had one that was that ( should I say) adventureous.
One time (SOX), was sitting on top of the house which has a upside down v and he was sitting up straight and the moon was out , on the other side of him and it was beautiful and spooky at the same time. Stupid me didn't get a picture. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! But anyway thats my boy! Marlee

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  2:57:40 PM  Show Profile
yeah, he was not to smart ... never had a cat that could not get down from a tree but him.
I always have my camera ... my little cheap red friend!

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  3:13:24 PM  Show Profile
Thats what I"M going have to do. Where did u get your camera? If I may ask! Marlee

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  3:31:56 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh! K mart for like $30.00 on sale.It's only a 12mp!

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  4:24:35 PM  Show Profile
Thats a good deal. I have seen things I wish I would have had a camera to get a pic. Thanx Teri.
marlee

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  4:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Welcome!

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  4:48:43 PM  Show Profile
That was a good story about Scooby! He knew someone would get him out of that tree. That's so funny. Cats, I think, like all that baby talk we give them. They probably laugh at us. Do y'all have different voices for different cats? I do.
Teri, how are you feeling today? Hope better.
Marlee... when you chat about Sox, I hear myself chatting about my cats.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  4:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Henry Dragon's story continued:
We even had to change the door handles on my husband's office at the house.
Henry Dragon would go in there and spray in hat that was left turned over, or any suitcase opened, etc...
Once my youngest sister and her husband came to visit for the weekend. The husband was allergic to cats. Oh, well.... my cat was here first. LOL. Any who...
we told my sister and her husband just be sure the guest room door was closed and locked. The cat can get in if its not locked. Did they listen? NO!!!
The next morning, the husband comes through the kitchen looking like he went through hell.... He stated, firmly, that he was going to Wal-Mart. I asked him if he needed something, maybe I had it. No. OK. He came back with a new duffle bag, unders, t-shirts, shorts, etc.... I guess they forgot to lock the door.
My boy died of cancer when he was seven years young. As you both know, that was so hard.
Teri, I'm glad your story about Scooby was kind of long, because I tend to have long stories about my babies.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  5:17:47 PM  Show Profile
Ohhh Marly, toooo funny on Henry Dragon! ... I can't help but tell stories just like they happen ... hubby says, I can spin a good yarn! LOL ... and I can! Story wise and on my spinning wheel ... he he he.
Now that I have that knee brace with the hinges I am doing 100 times better ... still have other damage, but I'm good for now.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  5:51:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I'd love to know how to work a spinning wheel. That must be so fun. Of course, I would love to know how to quilt, but... my ten thumbs keep me from doing it. I cannot sew a straight line. I made a doll once, my, then, dil, thought it was an elephant. So what if one of the arms were longer.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  6:26:55 PM  Show Profile
All the fun and sad things that happens. And Marly you asked if we have different voices for our cats, thats funny that you said that. My sister visited me the first of july for a few days and we were going out to the car to go to town and i said something to Sox in a different tone and my sister cracked up laughing. She said when Lacy her little maltese was still alive she did the same thing. Or talk in baby talk. So i thing pets bring that out in all of us.
Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  6:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Funny, Marlee! Now we need to know if Teri uses different voices for her cats. What a hoot!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  7:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Here is my beautiful & handsome Henry Dragon. I loved, love that cat!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  7:12:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh what a stud muffin he is, he is so handsome. The pose is just wonderful. Marlee

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  8:24:41 PM  Show Profile
OMGOSH! he is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the puuurfect face!
And BTW, yes, Each kitty is talke to differently ... how else whould they know I was talking to them ...

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Farm & Barn Cats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page