True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  09:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Marlee! Can't wait to see the pictures.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  09:51:08 AM  Show Profile
My sweet hubby said he would figure it out. WhooooHooo!!! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  09:54:13 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, been busy this morning, Can't wait to see the photos your hubby is gonna help with!

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com

Edited by - kysheeplady on Jul 22 2012 09:54:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  09:58:56 AM  Show Profile
Teri, we understand. Yesterday, I got busy in the attic, cleaning and clearing it out. Every time I'd take a break, I'd check the Farm & Barn Cats thread. LOL
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  10:05:40 AM  Show Profile
That's what I did also. I'd mowed the yard.Took a shower walked through the house with my big towel on and checked for kitty kats. Meow. Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  11:21:15 AM  Show Profile
Miss Gracie, my inside cat, is back under the lowest chair we own. She heard thunder! I could do a whole story just on Grace & the weather. I keep telling my Sweetie (hubby) that she remembers how she got here. Her memories are warning her. He just rolls his eyes. I'll have to share the story of Henry Dragon, my first cat, and what he did to my Sweetie. He did not like him at all. That story coming soon.....
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  4:58:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
sorry I have not been around much today. Dealing with an out of state person who is buying a starter flock from me ...
Marly, can't wait to hear the story. Snapped this one while out in the garden today. can you see anything in the bird feeder????

I wanted to make it big so you could get a good look! have a good night.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  5:13:01 PM  Show Profile
So cute Teri. That is just funnnny. Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  8:31:29 PM  Show Profile
Teri! What a hoot!!! It's a Moon cat. So cute. That is a beautiful picture. What kind of camera did you use?
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  07:25:11 AM  Show Profile

Well here he is my sweet boy! Sox ! I hhad the pic so my hubby had to scan it from scanner to computer.My camera is not working right. But now you can see him.Whoohoo! marlee

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  07:36:18 AM  Show Profile
YAAAAAAAAY! Marlee! looks like we all cornered the market in balck and white kitties! So pretty LOVE his face!
And Marly, now it is your turn to laugh at me ... I use just a cheap ...errrr inexspensive Kodak Easy Share! that is ALL I have ever used ... you know what they say right? It's not the size of the camera ... it's how you use it! he he ... off to the DR.s :(

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  07:56:28 AM  Show Profile
Teri to funny. But i am glad to have it posted. He is 7 yrs old. he was a skinny little thing.
Oh hope Dr. visit is AOK. ! Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  08:45:17 AM  Show Profile
Sox is such a handsome fellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's another thing for our book; we each have a black/white cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  10:19:05 AM  Show Profile
He's all boy, loves to catch mice, bugs and eats them or leaves them on the carport. Right now he's in the house and keep putting his paw on my leg to get my attention to feed him again,again, again.! LOL. Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  10:31:38 AM  Show Profile
My Audrey cat loves to eat ALL the time. A few weeks ago, a fellow drove up to ask directions. When he saw our four outside cats, he said, "Their all expecting at the same time!?" No, one of them is a boy cat, and they are all spayed and neutered. They just eat good.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  11:05:56 AM  Show Profile
LOL that is to funny,Sox is fat also. I only give him a little at a time because he will gobble it down. He went outside. To the bathroom and then goes on the prowl for alitte while. He's always got a plan.LOLOL
Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  12:40:33 PM  Show Profile
I think our black/white cats are hunters. My Pepper cat was just lurking around the lake. I hope she's not after an alligator! Pepper is the only skinny cat out of our whole bunch.
Audrey, who was the runt, is the fattest now.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  2:23:02 PM  Show Profile
Hope Pepper stays away from the lake. That makes me nervous. Yep all of our black and white cats are big cat hunters. CUTE.
Walked to the mail box and Sox follwed me and got half flopprd down and waited for me to come back and walked with me to the house, so I gave hom a few pieces of food. He was laying stretched out on the carport. He's my sweety. Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  4:10:40 PM  Show Profile
Marlee, I can tell you love your cats just as I do. They are so funny sometimes, each one has their own personality.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  4:15:10 PM  Show Profile

My first cat, Henry Dragon, was and remains the love of my life. We found him at our camp in the Atchafalya Basin. When Hurricane Andrew blew in, a tall tree came down at the camp. We went to check on it and the camp. My Sweetie (husband) cam running upstairs to tell me to come look what he found. There in the gutted roots of the tree was a tiny kitten. A tuxedo cat. I was 39 at the time, and never owned a cat. I had no idea cats owned their people. LOL. I told my hubby, I didn't want a cat. Well, about two hours later, my hubby brought the cat on the back porch. I petted it, and gave it a can of tuna. It ate it all up very fast! By the next day, I was saying, I may bring the little kitten home, and if it does it's thing in the litter box, I'll keep it. The day we left, my husband had made a make-shift crate for the cat. I had named it Izzmarelda. My son had bought a litter box, fixed it up in the carport at home. When we arrived, I put the kitten in the litter box. That little
rascal peed & pooped. I took the kitty to the vet a couple of days later only to find out I'd have to rename it. It was a boy. I named him Henry Dragon.
More coming....
OK Teri and Marlee, I'm waiting on a cute story...
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  4:52:52 PM  Show Profile
When Sox is in the house I have a ottamen in front of my chair. He has claimed the ottamen as his spot. But one day I was in the kitchen which divides the kitchen from the den and I walked toward my chair and Sox came running past me to jump up on his spot. I dont know if he thought I was going to take it or what. My hubby said what got into him. I think he was afaid I would steal his spot.
I got little stories like that he makes me laugh.
Marlee

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  4:54:56 PM  Show Profile
Marly that is amazing that he survived Andrew. So the name is very fitting for him.
marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  6:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Sox wants to sit with you in the chair. Or, he wants the chair for himself. Cute!
I'm not finished Henry Dragon's story. I'm writing it out, so the next part will be coming soon.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  6:38:39 PM  Show Profile
He'll lay on my lap alot, but sometimes he wants it all to himself. So he can stretch out and believe he takes up the whole ottoman.
Marlee

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  6:41:05 PM  Show Profile
My Gracie cat lays on top of the sofa. She's a long hair cat, so every week I have to vacuum the sofa top! I have a crochet hat on the table and I put it over my hands like a glove, and she goes nuts. I guess she thinks it is a headless cat. LOL. She attacks it.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Farm & Barn Cats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page