Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Missing Girl in Lafayette, Louisiana- UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Missing Girl in Lafayette, Louisiana- UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  4:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Emily.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  5:02:34 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry, I was really hoping she would be ok...
Take care and my prayers are there for the family at this sad time.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  6:11:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Darlene. At least now her family can give her a proper burial. It is very sad.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  6:48:56 PM  Show Profile
I was hoping for a happy ending, so sorry to hear this, but it is good that the family can have some closure now. Am praying for all that is involved. Very sad.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  6:50:32 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Janet. I know her family will have closure, but they sure are hurting, rightly so. It is really very sad.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  8:36:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the update, Marly. I will keep this family in prayer. I am grateful for the closure they must now feel---even among the heartache. May God give them the peace that passeth all understanding.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  08:23:04 AM  Show Profile
Amen, Portia. Thank you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  08:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry. Prayers are going up for this family.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  09:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Amy.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  09:40:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh how I prayed that she would be ok....Please Lord wrap your loving, healing arms around this dear family and grant them peace for their beloved daughter.

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  10:37:20 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Lori, how kind of you. At least now her family knows where she is, and can bury her.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  11:44:27 AM  Show Profile
Marly,
I saw this on the computer this morning. How terrible. I am thankful that as you said, at least her family can mourn her and give her a proper burial. What a tragedy. Prayers that her family can find some sense of closure and peace.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  12:32:45 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Laurie. Her body will be at the medical examiners another two weeks. They will hopefully find out how she died. Her family and friends are so sad.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

tlag1986
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Lisa
Palestine IL
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  05:50:52 AM  Show Profile
My heart breaks for the family. Prayers said for their comfort during this terrible time.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  09:40:02 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Lisa. Mickey's sister spoke out this morning, the family is doing as well as can be expected. A memorial service is planned for the Lafayette area some time this week.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  10:19:47 AM  Show Profile
Prayers.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  2:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, how sad and devastating! I will be praying!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  2:39:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, CJ.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  3:54:50 PM  Show Profile
The Sheriff's department arrested the right man. Brandon Scott Lavergne plead quilty to murdering Mickey Schunick, AND Lisa Ann Pate (he murdered Lisa Ann Pate 13 years ago), in exchange for life in prison. Mickey Shunick fought for her life, even stabbing Lavergne and spraying him with mace.
Here is the link if you'd like to read more.
Marly
http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shunick-killer-pleads-guilty-court-document-reveals/story?id=17029059

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  6:46:08 PM  Show Profile
How awful for the family. So glad that they found the killer and there will be no trial so now the family can live in peace knowing he will never get out of prison to do this to another human being. Prayers going out to all involved.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  7:00:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Janet. At least the families have some kind of peace and can lay their daughters to rest.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Missing Girl in Lafayette, Louisiana- UPDATE Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page