Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Missing Girl in Lafayette, Louisiana- UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Missing Girl in Lafayette, Louisiana- UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  8:34:28 PM  Show Profile
Michaela "Mickey" Shunick (21) has been missing since May 19, 2012.
She was last seen riding a bike in Lafayette, Louisiana.
Her bike was found later in the Whiskey Bay area, in a swampy area.
Tonight on the news, the Lafayette, Louisiana, police announced that they have
arrested a suspect in this case.
On our local TV station, tomorrow at 1 PM, the police will have a news update
concerning the case.
Please, keep Mickey in your prayers. I will be praying.
Thank you.
Here is a picture of Mickey:

UPDATE
Yesterday, police found a woman's body buried in a shallow grave near a cemetery. They are saying it could be Mickey Shunick's body. The body was taken to the medical examiner's office. The police said by Friday they will announce their findings.
Please, continue to pray for Mickey and her family.
Thanks.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

Edited by - Bear5 on Aug 08 2012 5:14:45 PM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  9:36:00 PM  Show Profile
She definitely will be in my prayers that they find her soon and safe.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  07:20:53 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Darlene.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  6:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I do so pray they find Mickey alive. Please let me know. You know I used to live in Lafayette-- and my son attended the same university. God be with that family.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  6:57:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Portia. There was a news conference today. There was no mention of finding her. The news only reported on the person they arrested. He is not talking. They did find his truck in Texas. It had been burned. There was a video from some store that captured Micky riding her bike, and in that video there were three trucks of interest. Two of the owners of the three trucks went directly to the police with reasons of why they were around that area at the time. One owner never would go in to talk to the police. That is the same truck they found burned in Texas. I continue to pray for Mickey. Thanks for your prayers, Portia.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  12:03:00 PM  Show Profile
wow, I sure hope they find out something...Prayers for them all and you too Elizabeth...
Take care
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  6:30:00 PM  Show Profile
Praying that they do find Mickey safely. My heart breaks for her family and friends.

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  7:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update. I do so hope that she is alive.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  8:20:41 PM  Show Profile
Her family is praying that she is alive. The man they picked up is not talking, and got himself a lawyer. My heart is breaking for this family.
For those of you who pray, please keep Mickey in your prayers. Thanks.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  9:08:14 PM  Show Profile
I will continue praying for Mickey that she is safe where ever she is and that the man will see, if he is the one will see that he needs to talk and let everyone know where she is and that she is safe.
God be with you all..
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  9:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
We had a case like this here in Indiana, young college girl small, blonde disappeared a year ago this pass June. My heart goes out to the families.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  6:13:12 PM  Show Profile
The police are now saying they doubt she is alive. Her family is still hoping. The suspect is not talking.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  06:18:53 AM  Show Profile
I am keeping her family and community in my prayers- watched this on Nancy Grace the other night. So sad..it breaks my heart.

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  07:50:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the prayers for Mickey.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  8:42:53 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are going up for this family and for Mickey, I hope she is still alive.
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  08:25:03 AM  Show Profile
This morning there was a news break. Three grave-like sites were found far behind the suspects residents, near a church. All sites were checked out. Nothing was found.
I continue to pray for Mickey and her family. Please, keep them in your prayers.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  10:46:41 AM  Show Profile
praying....this breaks my heart!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  8:57:21 PM  Show Profile
So there was nothing in any of the grave sites? Maybe there are others and they are being kept somewhere and the person didn't get to do what ever before he was caught, maybe there is still hope yet... Maybe I read too many mysteries... I will keep up my prayers...
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  08:22:07 AM  Show Profile
The grave sites are now being called mounds. All three were checked out, and nothing was found. Last night the news reported that approximately three to four hours after Mickey was last seen, the suspect went to an emergency room at a hospital with several knife lacerations to his upper chest. I continue to pray that they find Mickey. The news reporter also interviewed her dad, he said the family is still holding on to some kind of hope.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  06:41:58 AM  Show Profile
I am praying for peace for this dear family.....this just breaks my heart!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  09:35:32 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Lori, for your caring words. We are all waiting to hear the final word from the medical examiners office.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  11:58:11 AM  Show Profile
My prayers are going up for hope that they will find her and she will be ok.
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  1:36:40 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Darlene. As soon as I hear what the medical examiners office says, I will pass it on. Thank you for your continued prayers.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  3:27:26 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE
Yesterday, police found a woman's body buried in a shallow grave near a cemetery. They are saying it could be Mickey Shunick's body. The body was taken to the medical examiner's office. The police said by Friday they will announce their findings.
Please, continue to pray for Mickey and her family.
Thanks.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  3:53:50 PM  Show Profile
The Lafayette, Louisiana's Sheriff's department just announced that the body found in the shallow grave near a cemetery was the body of Mickey Shunick.
Her family will have closure now, and will be able to bury her properly.
Thank you all for the prayers.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  4:01:19 PM  Show Profile
So, so sad. It's a terrible thing, but I'm so glad her family now knows. I can't even imagine how horrific it would be to not know what happened to your child. Will be saying prayers for her loved ones.

Emily
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Missing Girl in Lafayette, Louisiana- UPDATE Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page