Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Pray for rain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pray for rain Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  5:57:19 PM  Show Profile
It's so dry here that some churches are holding special services to pray for rain. So please ask God to bless the Midwest with abundant rainfalls to save what can still be saved. I haven't seen rain in so long I'm almost in tears.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  7:04:12 PM  Show Profile
Cindy: I will pray for rain for the Midwest. I'll also ask the Prayer group to pray.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  8:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! We need all the prayer we can get. Possibly rain this weekend.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  05:47:15 AM  Show Profile
I have been praying for rain since June! Never seen such a bad drought in Wisconsin.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  10:06:45 AM  Show Profile
Diane...me too..I've been praying for rain and doin' a little dance too...and that my friends is not pretty at all!! :) Our farmers need it so bad and we will all pay the price this winter! My poor little garden does not look very nice this year!

Will keep on praying!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  11:09:31 PM  Show Profile
It must be working!! We actually had a bit of rain this evening--not much, but oh, it felt so good to stand in the rain. What we really need are some thunder-boomers. Like when it rains all night, and rains hard. But I'm just glad we got some blessed RAIN. Keep up those prayers--and thank the Lord!
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  07:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Cindy,
PRAYING!! I certainly understand! As you know, here in Colorado, we had the horrible dryness and sooooo many of the awful fires. Thankfully, the monsoon season started around the 4th and, while there is still a need, we have had some significant relief! It certainly has been that way on the Western Slope of the state.
I do know how discouraging and disheartening it is!
Praying!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tlag1986
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Lisa
Palestine IL
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  06:05:34 AM  Show Profile
Praying for RAIN! Here in Illinois we need it our last measurable rain was late April, we've only had s small handful of simple showers with less the 1/4 inch since.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  09:37:12 AM  Show Profile
Lisa: Prayers for rain going out for your state.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pray for rain Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page