Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Help, I feel like I'm loosing it.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Help, I feel like I'm loosing it. Next Topic  

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  10:58:32 AM  Show Profile
I have been really stressed but I don't know if that is all of it. I'm 51 and have diabetes and high blood pressure so I am on medication for it. I was fired last October and have been home with the whole family since. Hubby does not work but does occationally sell stuff on eBay. We are living on my unemployment and food stamps (which just got cut by 3/4). I have had only a few interiews despite all the resumes I have sent out. I also have had someone at church who used to be a recruter look at my resume and help me update it.

I am loosing it now though. I started forgetting things. Even the bank account balance and have spent us down to nothing twice now. I have messed up appointments for my boys and have completely pissed off my husband with all the problems.

I have date books and lists and it is still happening. It seems that the only thing I am good at lately is weeding the garden or cleaning the house. I feel like I'm going nuts.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  11:09:59 AM  Show Profile
Judy....Take a DEEP breath!

I think the forgetfulness is just a by-product of being under so much stress right now.

Maybe a temporary boost to additional income might be having a rummage sale? You would be amazed how much you can make and still clear out a lot of stuff. What about temporary part-time work in the food services industry? Babysitting? Clerking at a store?

You are not going nuts Judy! But I think that you should get outside and take a walk-prioritize your goals and get busy. Try not to think too much-It sounds temporary-Just keep that in mind!

Hope this helps a little-

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  12:11:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Melody, I just finished sweeping the whole house just to work off some steam. I think I will take a short break and read before I tackle the kitchen cabinet fronts and countertops. We have a huge ant problem but borax and cleaning with bleach isn't working so far so I keep on trying.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  12:21:56 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Melody - Judy you need to think about the loving things around you. Go outside and just look at the sky, the birds, anything that really makes you smile and don't worry about things right now. Take time to distress :)

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  05:25:16 AM  Show Profile
Judy,
Best thoughts and Farmgirl hugs coming your way!!!

Agree with the thoughts that it is stress related. Stress can just wreak havoc on our bodies and certainly our minds!!
For the time being, do the best you can day by day. Do little things each day that give you some peace and enjoyment.

Our thoughts of hope and support are with you!!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  07:20:21 AM  Show Profile
Judy,
Your mind is reacting to the stress. Can your DH help you around the house? Are you going through menopause on top of all this? When I first started mental-pause, I thought I was losing my mind!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  03:09:25 AM  Show Profile
Judy, This is a horrible economy. You are doing everything you can. Keep applying and sending out your resumes. It is SO difficult to not take this personally, because it is so personal, but it isn't YOU who is being rejected for these jobs. Employers have the upper hand right now and many are abusing it. You are in my prayers.

Try to take those mind clearing walks. The movement is good for you mental and physical health. Keep doing what you are doing. I hope the intense stress will settle down for you.

Keep your chin up.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  8:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Judy, you are going through a lot right now. Your mind is probably stressed out to the limits. Keep sending your resumes out, a job will come. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  9:06:02 PM  Show Profile
It may be stress with a little depression thrown in which can mess with your mind. Been there myself. I try to take some time during the day to make sure I get some endorphines moving through my body by taking a walk and enjoying nature. The economy is tough right now and its taking longer to find jobs. Keep floating your resume, maybe check to see if there are any temp jobs somewhere. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  3:22:54 PM  Show Profile
those little ant traps that you can get really do work really well... and for the rest I agree with the other ladies. It is the stress . You will be ok!!!! you are not nuts or going nuts. I have been where you are too and it does get better!!! try to get a good nights sleep too, It always helps you feel better!!! even if you have to take something to help you sleep...

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  04:41:30 AM  Show Profile
Judy I just found this thread and was wondering if things are better for you now? I am 50 and when I complained to my dr over the same stuff you are talking about he said menopause was the culprit plus the passing of my dad and the conflicts that ensued from that. Yours was unemployment but both are huge stressors to deal with. He told me to exercise my way thru it.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Help, I feel like I'm loosing it. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page