emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  5:56:49 PM  Show Profile
If you had the time and the money, would you have any type of plastic surgery procedure(s) done and what would it be?

Darlene

"Never underestimate the power of a hissy fit."

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  6:54:39 PM  Show Profile
None for me, I prefer to be natural.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  10:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I wouldn't have anything done I am who I am and look how I look, it's whats on the inside that really matters. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  05:08:36 AM  Show Profile
Great big NO. I did have some Botox injections for my migraine headaches and HATED the way they made my face feel, very strange. Wouldn't do it again for any reason.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  05:14:44 AM  Show Profile
I go back and forth with my best friend. She has a cleft palate, and I want her to stay the way she is. She has a different reality than I do. Recently, since she started dating, I notice that people are really shallow, and her wanting surgery has more to do with other people than her needing to be more beautiful.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  05:17:55 AM  Show Profile
About me. I wish I has had plastic surgery when I was a kid. I was attacked by a wolf, and most of my scars are on my breasts and arms. I have a really hard time finding shirts I feel comfortable in. I bet my dad was happy he didn't have to deal with any teenager boobie shirts.

“It always looks darkest just before it gets totally black.”-Charlie Brown
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  5:45:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm not 100% on this one, it is something that I go back and forth with myself about all the time. On the one hand, I am not a fan of surgery and the only time I've ever had surgery was not fun, and I still have side effects (loss of feeling), and I am a huge fan of being natural. I do love myself to pieces. However no matter what I do I just cannot loose weight and the more I try the more I gain--on my belly, to the point that I've been asked if I'm pregnant and the more "perimenopausal" issues I have the bigger I'm getting (grr). So on the other hand, I'd love to get rid of all that fat and have a more slender middle as well as boobs that are the same size (it's impossible to find a bra that really fits both sides--there is a big difference!!!) So I'm not 100% sure what I'd do. I know I would at least go in and talk with the plastic surgeon about it and mull it over some more. So, *if* I did have plastic surgery, it'd be a tummy tuck and breast work.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  6:16:40 PM  Show Profile
Trish, what a horrible experience! But it sounds like you've weathered it well; you're to be admired.

And Rachel, I think I've found a farmgirl kindred spirit in you! Yes, menopause sucks! To add insult to injury, at a rescue squad meeting tonight, I saw pictures of me from 20 years ago when my hair was thicker than my waistline!!

I'm sure I wouldn't be a candidate for liposuction; they would just tell me to be vigilant with my diet. But I would love to have something (I don't know what) done that would help with that menopausal hair loss. I'd also love to have a "nose job". It needs reduction!

Oh well, I don't have the time and I certainly don't have the money!

Darlene

"Don't underestimate the power of a hissy fit."

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  8:37:09 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to have the breast lifted to where they once were. Of course, my husband says it doesn't bother him, but it sure bothers me. He has been telling me for years to go ahead and do it, but I never have. I sure think about doing it a lot.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  06:28:07 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, yep it is pretty crappy right now with the hormones and nonsense--I'd love to be done with it. The things women go though :). I don't want to look like I did 20 years ago--up until I got pregnant I always looked like an anorexic waif or something and I wanted to gain weight. I was happy with the size I was after delivering my son, but the older I get the more everything is showing up in the middle (and since I rarely drink I can't call it a beer belly). If that fat would just go where I want it to be that'd be awesome, lol. The last person who asked me my due date go so embarrassed when I said "14 years ago" thankfully most people don't ask that and I avoid anything that I think may even give the slightest impression that I'm trying to show off a "baby bump".

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  4:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Well for cosmetic purposes definitely not, if I was in need of reconstructive surgery probably, it would depend.

Farmgirl Sister #3759

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  11:36:11 AM  Show Profile
IF I had the money I would get the dental implants done. My teeth are ok but I hate going to the dentist to the point it becomes traumatic. I would gladly pay to have a Hollywood smile and no more people poking around in my mouth, telling me I need to floss more, and stabbing me in the mouth with shots...if I had the money. I also don't like the way they break up the appointments now so they can get more insurance and copay money.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  11:54:17 AM  Show Profile
I would have the fat sucked out of my chin(s). I am so tired of looking like a blowfish. Its a family tradition!
Go to Top of Page

KansasFarmMomma
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

91 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  05:37:11 AM  Show Profile
After I am finished having children & done breastfeeding, I am going to have a breast reduction surgery done. I am a DD and they cause me a lot of back pain. I've always been self conscious about how big they were. My husband is very supportive of this and has said repeatedly that we will do whatever it takes to get it done so I can live a life without the pain & worry from it.

Nicole
Farmgirl # 4209
www.bearpawphotography.weebly.com
www.KShappyhomemaker.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  05:58:30 AM  Show Profile
I'f I were not an animal keeper and constantly slamming 50# bag of grain into my chest, I would consider a slightly bigger chest size. I'm an A cup and most days that's fine.

There are the rare occasions where a specific dress or blouse would look better with a little more in front. Those push up bras really do nothing when you have nothing.

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Plastic Surgery Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page