wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  10:50:50 AM  Show Profile
What a lovely tribute from a daughter to her beloved mom. I feel very fortunate that I still have my mom with me. Not exactly the same mom that raised me but a different mom. I can tell because her hands have never changed they are still the same ones that nutured me from the second I was born and will continue till the day we part this earth and celebrate in Heaven together. Just her mind has changed, now I spend time with a 74 year 'young' body but with a mind and actions and thoughts of a 4 year old. This wonderful written tribute again made me realize that even though I cannot go to my mom any longer for her knowledge, or wisdom or reassurance that I'm doing fine in my journey as a mom of two sons, or even something as simple as sharing wonderful recipes together but I still get to spend time in her world and we can hold each others hands. 'Thank You' for reminding me how lucky I am. I hope MaryJane's memories of her gracious and wonderful mom will sustain her and help her when her heart is hurting and missing her the most.

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  12:06:38 PM  Show Profile
I just loved that article too. What a wonderful tribute. It makes us all appreciate what we have!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  12:22:50 PM  Show Profile
Yes I agree, lovely read. Couldn't believe all the things she was able to accomplish.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  6:22:28 PM  Show Profile
I loved it. I lost my Mother Helen to cancer a year ago the day I got my issue. It was so good to read Mary janes story.
I miss my mom so much.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  07:33:54 AM  Show Profile
She has to have been such a wonderful role model. So much talent along with a beautiful character. No wonder our Queen Bee is a Queen BEE! It was a beautiful tribute.

Dona, my mother also has become a little girl. She still knows her family and friends, and has finally begun telling stories from her childhood which I just love to hear. I wanted these stories when I was a girl, but never heard them until the last couple of years. MaryJane's tribute is a welcomed call to appreciate fully what we still have.

Elizabeth, sending you a hug as you remember your mother.

Love,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic "Remembering Helen" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page