Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Hey anyone have thoughts on hysterectomys?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hey anyone have thoughts on hysterectomys? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  8:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Laura: I had one when I was 46 and I am really glad I did. I had a tumor the size of a cantaloupe and there was endemetriosis besides. I was out playing volley ball 2 weeks later. I have two boys and I have never regretted it. I also had Everything removed because my doctor was a cancer doctor also and recommended it. I am 70 now and still feel great.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  07:55:32 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, that is awesome you recovered so fast. I feel better than I have in a very long time. Glad to hear you are doing so well too. Nice not to have to worry about periods or cancer in those parts anymore.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  2:49:07 PM  Show Profile
The surgury was the best thing I have ever done. A couple of months later, I told the Dr. I had not known how bad I felt until I felt good after the operation. He told me he didn't know how anyone could have gotten used to the pain I was in, but I did, for aoubt 15 years. After, I didn't have kids at home, and I just didn't do anything for about 6 weeks. I never left the house for 3 weeks. We have 5 miles of really rough road before we get anywhere, so it was a really good excuse. I think I felt so good afterward, because I didn't rush the healing process.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  2:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
i afree Kennie Lyn, i didn't know how bad i had felt until i felt good!! it was one of hte best things i had done. i just wish i had done it sooner.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  6:59:45 PM  Show Profile
I had one in 2004 and have not regretted it. My periods were becoming predictably unpredictable; one month extremely heavy and the next hardly anything. Plus I had a lot of pain, so I had a complete hysterectomy and I haven't regretted it. My husband really noticed the change in my moods, too.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hey anyone have thoughts on hysterectomys? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page