True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  07:47:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody

Please keep my dad, Bob Willson in your prayers. He had a total knee replacement Monday and comes home from the hospital today. (Halleluia!!)

He hasn't had any complications from the surgery- quite the contrary thank goodnes, just pain issues. Which is to be expected. Pain has been off the charts. He will be on oral Oxycodone.

I'm concerned about him being able to get much needed rest.

So please add him to your prayer list

Thank you very much.

p.s. hi is a man of God and has been a pillar of strength for our family and his church back in Cincinnati.

I

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  09:17:29 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for your dear dad. Bless him and let his pain ease ane heal fast.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  10:56:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for your dad, too, Anna! God bless him, heal him quickly and make him strong and healthy! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  4:24:16 PM  Show Profile
Anna, prayers to your Dad. Keep us posted. I will be praying that all goes well.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  07:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies.

I called yesterday afternoon to check in. Dad said he didn't want me coming over today and seeing him in pain and hearing hi moan. Makes me sad, but I understand. I wasn't going to stick around very long anyway since he needs his rest. The excursion home from the hospital and all the shuffling around no doubt wiped him out pretty badly.

Mom is an Rn, so i know Dad is under good care....hopefully she won't hover too much

Mom and Dad have plenty of chili that I made beginning of the week anyway, so I'll make a quick visit tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  04:09:10 AM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear of your father's discomfort. Does his doctor say his pain is reasonable for the procedure? You are in my prayers.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  03:46:36 AM  Show Profile
For total knee replacement- yes- it's to be expected
He was also pretty dopey from medication and just didn't want much rapid fire talk from a very chatty individual. Apparently this preacher is very young and doesn't have any experience in dealing with this kind of thing. So I completely understand!

I did visit Saturday though and was told that Dad had slept throughthe night which was good!
As the days progress, it will only get better- and movement is the key

It's still troubling to know that he was running a low grade fever since leaving the hospital. But that's to expected too since that's the body reacting to something foreign in it.

He was to go through major PT yesterday too. So I'll call tonight after work and see how everything is going. Thank you so much for continued prayers and concern!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Dad's knee surgery Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page