Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 4th of July Patriotic Swap-2nd Annual -CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 4th of July Patriotic Swap-2nd Annual -CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 14

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  10:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie, I sent you an email :)

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6622 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6622 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  05:46:18 AM  Show Profile
I have sent two and Tammy has sent you one please let us know you got at least one of them Bonnie.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6622 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6622 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  06:51:11 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies, I am hoping by now that everyone has gotten their partners and all is right with the world!

Now, I have a surprise for all of you. I am offering a small give away to all of you, yes you too Ms Tammy. A way of giving back to our military, all they are, all they do for us and to all of you my very special friends. Also June 14th is Flag Day another very special day for me as well.

I have a "Battle Saint" Bracelet that my girlfriend Les who lives in Savannah sent to me in my Friendship Ball, it means so much to me as a retired military wife and it is so special. Well, she sent me one more to share with a friend, I have decided to share it with one of you very special farmgirls who are a part of this 4th of July Patriotic Swap.

You can see the Bracelet and read all about the Mom who came up with the idea at www.battlesaint.com.

Please tell me why you joined this swap, that is it. I will pick the name on Sunday.

Thank you ladies and have a beautiful week.

Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  07:19:42 AM  Show Profile
Just sent my box out. I so hope my partner likes her goodies!!

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  07:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Deb,
What a nice thing for you to do! Well there are lots of trades and swaps on this site, and they are great fun to do. But this one is extra special because it reminds us of those serving our Country now and of those who have gone before. So Red White and Blue forever.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  09:03:27 AM  Show Profile
I have not recieved a partner yet :( My package is ready to go out in the mail just need a name and address.

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6622 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6622 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  09:06:57 AM  Show Profile
Shelly, I emailed you who your partner was and that I did not have her address yet, and as soon as I get it I will email it to you. Sorry that is all I can do for now. Again your partner is Danielle of Florida. If we do not hear from her in a couple of days, we will partner with you.
Thank you,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jun 12 2012 09:12:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  09:23:31 AM  Show Profile
Shelly, for some reason both Debbie and I are unable to contact Danielle through email. So I am going to post a "last call" here on the forum. Danielle, please contact either Debbie or myself by tomorrow with your address information. If you cannot participate in this swap, please also let us know so that we can give Shelly another partner asap. Will wait to hear from you!!!

Thanks!

Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5136 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5136 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  12:01:40 PM  Show Profile
I thought about why I joined this swap, To honor Our service MEN and Women, and to think about, What does the 4th of July really mean.... that WE can join this Forum, and any Social Media, and discuss how we feel about everything from our Government, to how the Heck do you keep Pumpkins from rotting till Thanksgiving. We can do that.......... because we are FREE and FREEDOM is not FREE!!! The price is paid by Our MILITARY and their FAMILIES every day, around the GLOBE. WE were use to being FREE, from so many tragedies, the rest of the world suffered from, until that fatal SEPTEMBER 11TH. Some weeks later, I remember seeing a segment on the National News about 100's of Young MEN and WOMEN all over the U.S.,joining all Branches of our Military, to protect our Freedom! I leave the Yellow Ribbon on the tree, by my driveway to remind me, when I get caught up in the busy routine of daily living, which we all do, to remind me, that my job is just a mere 16 miles away, and that our Military MEN and WOMEN TRAVEL across the WORLD, to work, TO KEEP US FREE!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  12:47:17 PM  Show Profile
I would do anything for these young men & women, in the form of care packages & letters of support. They are my heroes. I have numerous letters & CD's & emails from them, Thanking me. I do not deserve thanks!!! I would tell them, numerous times, it is my HONOR to serve you & by the grace of God,I was never without funds to do it, he always came through. Now I support them through Soldiers Angels. This is why I decorate my house all over in red, white & blue & fly my flag & when I see a soldier in uniform I thank him or her. Because of all of our military both present & past, we are afforded the freedom to do what ever we like. My son once said to me, that while you are sleeping a Soldier watches guard over you & all of the USA. No matter what the weather or conditions, he is there. Now more than ever our Troops need our support. It is funny while I type this the thought of why I joined this swap has slipped my mind. I will just let the brave faces, pictured, speak on my behalf :)

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  1:28:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Debbie - that story made me cry! You know, one of the little girls I babysit wears that same bracelet, but for a different reason. She is profoundly diabetic and suffers from a disease where her bones grow much faster than her muscles. She is just 12 years old now, and has a terribly convoluted spine that causes her extreme pain and has left her with a hunched back. She doesn't whine or complain one bit, and she refuses to allow her condition to inhibit her from living her dreams. She's my little hero, to be sure. I am ordering a few of these right now for others in our lives who are suffering many different kinds of battles, and I will definitely - DEFINITELY - share this story with everyone.

I joined this swap because I just love everything and everyone our 4th of July stands for, and it's just such fun and such a privilege to be able to share the joy of America with my farmgirl sisters - it's as simple as that. :) God bless America! God bless us, every one!!!

Maddie - thank you for sharing these pictures, and your story. You are an inspiration.

My family has a rich history of service from the early settling of New England. More recent family history includes my grand uncle who served in both WWI and WWII. He was the soul survivor of his ship which had been sunk by enemy bombs. Later he smuggled (and rescued) his wife home on his ship in his duffle bag. He went on to become a highly decorated veteran for his service. My grandfather also served in the navy. My father served in the Navy, my father-in-law in the army. My husband's uncle was a highly decorated retired Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force. When I was a young girl, a very young neighbor of ours was killed in Vietnam. His sister was my babysitter. I can still remember the pain of the loss that we all shared. Then after high school, a very good friend of mine was killed as his plane exploded over the island of Crete - he was the youngest person on board. I will never, ever, ever forget him. I still remember the day he told me he was joining the service. Later, my step-uncle, who was very dear to me, was badly burned in a fire in a plane accident that occurred on board the JFK. I also dated one of the most honorable young men while in college - a Marine through and through! Then as a young woman in my first really big job, I was honored to know a young man who had served in Desert Storm. The stories he told... the suffering they experienced...unimaginable. Most recently, my niece served in Iraq as a mechanic. She was fresh out of high school She was working side-by-side with her best friend when a rocket hit - she watched her friend blow up right before her eyes. So much for a person to process. A few months later, one of my Sunday school students lost one of his legs as his tank plowed over an IED. He was the only one who survived, and now suffers from post traumatic stress disorder, which is tearing apart his marriage. There are countless other stories to be told as well, but I am sure that we all have been blessed to know an American Hero and their amazing stories. And although we may not know them by name or by face, we all owe a debt of gratitude to those who serve, protect, and ensure our freedom.

All I can say is God bless, protect, enlighten and strengthen every single person serving in our military - including their loved ones who keep the fires burning at home. There is no greater sacrifice than that of a person who gives their life for another. We are truly blessed that in our nation of freedom, there are so many who freely and willingly give of themselves in the service of our awesome country. I pray every day that we all live in a manner to make each and every one proud. It is an honor and a privilege to be an American. May we never forget!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5136 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5136 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  2:11:30 PM  Show Profile
Maddie and Nini, I adore your stories! At first glance, This Valentine might seem out of place here, but look closer, this was from my Great Uncle Heck, to his Mom and his Wife and small Baby,who moved in with his mom, while he was away during World War II. My Granny who was a pack rat, had her Mother's Hope Chest, and when I was a Teenager in High school, she cleaned out the trunk,giving her Family things, that were her MOM's, and I wanted all the greeting cards! I display them all year long, and I always think about Uncle Heck, and how hard that must have been for my Granny and her Family, I was not born yet. He made it back home, and lived a long Happy life with his wife and 4 kids and many Grand children!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  2:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh! WOW Nini & Connie, your stories made me tear up. We are lucky in this age of technology, we can talk through Skype or emails to our Soldiers. I can't even imagine how difficult it was for those families & soldiers before technology, to not hear word from their loved ones for months. Connie that is a real treasure you have :) I almost forgot, in all my haste to remember our Fore Fathers. It was because of them & their vision & bravery, we celebrate the Fourth of July in the first place.

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6622 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6622 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  2:33:21 PM  Show Profile
Alright ladies you are the best, you have me in tears as well, I love all of your stories, each of you have touched my heart in a way you will never know. I love all the stories and photos you share of your families. And that is why I hostess this swap because of all of you and your heroes. So, thank you so much.

Shelly, I have heard from your partner and I have her address, it will be emailed to you. Sadly she did not tell me her last name and I can not find it anywhere on the forum. Do any of you know Danielle (36paws20hooves) of Florida last name? If so please let us know as Shelly is anxious to get her package to her. Shelly, Danielle is on vacation until the 16th so your package will not go out until she gets home.

Shelly let me know if this works for you if not let me know, as we have another partner for you. You will not be left out I promise and this swap will be just the way you hoped it will be. Fun, fun and more fun.

Hugs to everyone,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jun 12 2012 2:40:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  2:44:41 PM  Show Profile
Connie! SUCH a treasure!! Oh my gosh - TEARS!!!

I read a sign today that said, "Those who serve our country do not fear what stands before them, because they dearly love those who stand behind them." THAT made me cry!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5136 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5136 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  2:49:14 PM  Show Profile
Maddie, you are right, How blessed that we are!!with Skype and cell phones even, to call across the world, when it use to take weeks and months to get just a paper letter home, from loved ones in the Service. We talked about that, just last week at work ,cause several of our Stylists have Hubbys and Sweethearts in the Service. The Girls said, they could not imagine the Worry, and the longing the families went through, to hear their loved ones voice or see their face!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5136 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5136 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  2:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Nini, that is beautiful!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6622 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6622 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  4:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Update for Shelly, I now have Danielle's last name. Since I am still having computer issues when Tammy gets home she will email you Danielle's information.
Thank you for your patience, she is very excited about the swap and getting her package in the mail to you after vacation. We will continue to follow this through and make sure it all works out as it should.
Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5136 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5136 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  5:05:45 PM  Show Profile
I told my mom that I had posted Great Uncle Heck's Valentine on this forum, and she said, Oh I have a pic! This is him and his wife and 2 of thier children.

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5136 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5136 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  5:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Here is Christmas card form Great Uncle Heck to his Sister, Mattie,(Debbie, it is her Singer Sewing Machine that I have) the soldiers did not Have to put a stamp on thier letters. I am trying to steal this from my MOM! LOL!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7621 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7621 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  5:36:10 PM  Show Profile
That is really neat!

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  9:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Nini, Connie, Debbie, Maddie...you all have such beautiful stories. I have to confess that I did this swap because I wanted to do a swap with my wonderful wonderful farm sis Debbie, and I love Fourth of July. That said, this whole experience has given me such an even greater appreciation for our troops and veterans. I have always appreciated all they do for us, but reading your personal stories really hits home for me. I don't have any family members who served, however, my husband's father was a Naval Officer in World War II. He served on an aircraft carrier, The Natoma Bay, in 1943 off the Philippines. When he passed away last year,
my husband and I collected all of his wartime mementos. Unfortunately, my husband said he never wanted to talk about his time in the war, so we don't have many personal stories. I am humbled by reading all of your stories, and have an even greater sense of patriotism. Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories and being part of this swap.

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  03:29:41 AM  Show Profile
Boy ! I missed a lot since last night. Connie, I just loved that you posted a picture of your Uncle. I have an old picture of my Uncle in his uniform, but being the dinosaur in the techo world that I am. I do not know how I would go about posting it :( ???
Connie, Since you say you do not have any relatives that served, you may consider adopting a soldier :) Believe me it can be additive, like making ATC's. The picture of the young woman I posted was my first soldier I adopted. I loved sending her girlie things. She said she missed feeling carpet, sand gets old, real fast. I wanted to send her a rug but she declined, LOL. I have & am still humbled by adopting these soldiers. Then when my son got deployed, I was lost & the wife of a soldier, that was already deployed, heard my helplessness & helped me. A complete stranger, reaching out over the internet & hugging me. Talk about being humbled. Now, whenever I can, I try to return the favor. My Mom would not watch WWII movies because of what she experienced during the war. She seen first hand,, Hitlers iron fist. I too now have an even greater sense of Patriotism, it touches your life, even without knowing it.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7621 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7621 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  09:10:09 AM  Show Profile
That was wonderful Madeline.
How does a person adopt a soldier?
My Dad was in WWII and received a Purple Heart Medal for saving someone. It really makes you feel proud... I miss him..
My youngest daughter is in the Navy, this is her 10th year and she is getting out in September. She has twin babies now. I am really proud of her.
Have a wonderful day.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  09:26:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene :) Just type www.soldiersangels.org. There is a button, where you can adopt a soldier, male or female. You do have to answer some questions & give your email address. There are so many programs that anyone can help out by doing, like some people make blankets for the wounded soldier program & those neck cooling scarves. It is truly a wonderful organization & it has given me great joy to give ;) What an Honor to have received the Purple Heart. I salute your Father & your daughter.

Edited by - fille de ferme on Jun 13 2012 09:29:28 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 4th of July Patriotic Swap-2nd Annual -CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page