Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic
Page: of 27

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  07:23:40 AM  Show Profile

Well, I am not sure what happened there so we will try again!

It sounds like you gals are having a blast! I am so green with envy! I wish I could be traveling and meeting some of you gals face to face. You girls be careful and send us a little update if you are able to once in awhile where we can share in the good fortune of your travels. Have Fun!

Farmgirl Hugzz and Smilezz,
Lainey Lou d^: #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Edited by - Lainey Lou on Jun 22 2012 07:29:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rustic Reb
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Rebecca
Pickford Michigan
97 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  09:25:54 AM  Show Profile
Shared our stories a little with my mail carrier today. I was waiting in the front yard when he came through. Been bit of a mail stalker lately ;) Three lovely cards arrived to cheer my day. I have a touch of the flu I think. The flu in June?

Pam sent me a card with Quail on it. I have just started raising quail and really like the little guys. I sure would love to be dipping in the pool with you.
Connie sent that great Dublin cards to me too! I do believe I will add that trip to my bucket list.
Pilar sent a Long Island card with a beautiful stone beach.I'd love to haul a few home to put in my gardens. We do alot of rock hounding here along Lake Superior.
Thanks for the smiles

Don't be sorry that it's over... Be glad that it happened.
Go to Top of Page

retasos2
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Pilar
Centereach NY
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  09:59:29 AM  Show Profile
I'm SO glad my cards have brought you some "refreshing" :) It has been up in the 90 around here and the ocean and pool sure does help. Got a card from Connie, who took the most beautiful pict in Ireland. Thanks SO much for sharing all of your adventures.

Pilar
Farmgirl Sister #2498
Little Hen House on the Island

" A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is, until she gets in hot water" Eleanore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  10:56:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

Pam - your postcard arrived today! WOW that cactus are so BEAUTIFUL! I always think of cacti as being very barren looking and prickly, or very tall and tree-like, but never so colorfully in bloom! I love this one! What a treat! Thank you!!!

Yeah... I know... I wrote a lot... Thing is, when my husband relocated back home to Pittsburgh, my boss tried to talk us out of going, calling it "the armpit of the nation," and he kept recalling how dirty it was (he hadn't been since he himself was a little boy). No matter how much I tried to tell him how wonderful it truly is now (the mill days were pretty dark and dank), he just couldn't wrap his mind around it. So now I guess because of his reaction I feel it's so important to share with everyone just what a wonderful city Pittsburgh truly is! I honestly do miss Rhode Island and Massachusetts (where I grew up), but Pittsburgh - Oh! I just can't imagine living anywhere else! The people are so kind, so rich with life... and the city and the rivers, and the country and the mountains being so close by... Oh! There's nothing like it! As a matter of fact, the ocean is only a few hours drive away, too! The only thing that would make this place any better would be having all of you in it! :)

Happy Day!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  12:53:36 PM  Show Profile
The Postcard Happy Dance is because I got a card from Pilar, and I love it. The lighthouse is wonderful in the background. Just Beautiful! It made my Day Pilar.THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  3:57:00 PM  Show Profile
That would be fun if we could all be there Nini..
hugs
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  7:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Pilar, I came home, hot and tired today from work, and the only piece of Mail today, was your beautiful postcard.!! It made my day! You live in heaven on earth!! So nice to meet you!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  7:23:35 PM  Show Profile
NINI, I adored your short story! LOl! It was so nice to read about each one, I love, love this swap!!!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  8:58:37 PM  Show Profile
OH my, I've gotten so many lovely lovely cards from you ladies! Half of me wants to hold out to see if I can get a picture with a yak calf for a custom postcard, but the other half (the darker half) is saying that won't happen before the deadline... Guess I'll have to pick out some run-of-the-mill, yak-less cards to send... Oh well, next year I should have a crazy unique card :D

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Highland cattle, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, Silver Fox rabbits, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  08:48:12 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday's mail brought me to two new places (via postcards)
The first card was from Tammy in beautiful Mendicino,CA. Wow that is just a lovely, lovely vista! Took my breath away for sure! Thanks Tammy!

The second card came from Pam, with a picture of the amazing Claret Cup Cactus in Arizona. I have never been to Arizona, but would love to make it there someday and see the cactus in person! Thanks for sharing part of your world!

Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  08:56:15 AM  Show Profile
Girls - I just have to ask: Where are you making your postcards? I am thinking of doing so for next year's swap... Thanks! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  11:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Nini,

A lot of us used postcards.com for our cards . . . I also send you an email.

Hope that helps!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  11:28:21 AM  Show Profile
Nini ..got mine done through Vistaprint. 100 for 12.99

Hugs
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  12:03:10 PM  Show Profile
I might make some cards for next years swap. I am happy I received two cards yesterday from Pam from Arizona with those cute little Gambel's Quails on the front, I loe to watch them walking together, and I got one from Rebecca in Michigan, Those are some beautiful trees in the fall by the water, I would love to see that..
Thanks for sending them.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  1:33:56 PM  Show Profile

Well, I have been in an awful mood all day long, missing my mom - she passed last July and I kept trying to cheer myself up - called my kids, got thru to the youngest and had a good talk, but just made me miss him more and the oldest was unavailable, left a message. So it didn't do much for my mood. I heard the mailman so went and got the mail and I am smiling now - I got three more postcards.

The first is from Pilar and is a beautiful picture of the coast with a great looking lighthouse on it. Perfect for beachcombing and fishing and she said that's where the striped bass get caught! I'm there in my head fishing and all kicked back!

The second is from Rebecca and has 11 lighthouses on the front. She takes a ferry to and from work everyday - I close my eyes and I can smell the salt air and hear the birds, and she says she raises birds and I start imagining all the different types of birds. Bigger smile!

And last but not least was from Pam with the claret cup catcus on the front - the good ole southwest I smell pines and wood smoke and picture a beautiful sunset. One of my most favorite places, and I feel better.

Just a little Farmgirl love and all is well and looking forward to Mondays cards all ready. I love being a Farmgirl, Thanks y'all!

Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  2:24:26 PM  Show Profile
I wish you a better tomorrow, Lainey! and Pam I love the postcard with the beautiful Quails on the front! It is hot Summer here, Typical Humid and High 90's all week. We usually have triple heat Indexes from July to September!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  3:07:15 PM  Show Profile

Thanks Killarney.

Bless you, Lainey

Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  10:08:44 PM  Show Profile
I received cards today from Pam and I can't imagine being that warm. I had to find a coat last night it was so cold here and wet. I did the data input at a charity auction for the ARTHRITIS Foundation and that was fun. We managed to raise 58,000. We were very pleased. When I got home I received the lovely postcards, I also recieved one from Pilar. Thank you I loved Long Island when I lived in NYC. We would visit there often. Thank you for the memories.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

Island Gal
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marcie
Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  08:12:21 AM  Show Profile
I just love going to the mail box! Thank you Pilar, Nini, Pam, Sherry and Sassy for the beautiful postcards. My grandchildern love looking at them with me. Such fun!

http://www.flip-flopsandsandals.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  10:22:55 AM  Show Profile
Just got back to the house from a convention and found 3 cards!!!!! Thanks to Pam, Nini, and Pilar for sharing their partsmofmthemcountry.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  12:48:09 PM  Show Profile

Ladies,

I bet y'all don't get mail on Sunday do ya'? Well I went out to put the door up on the mailbox because it looked like it was gonna rain and low and behold there was a postcard in it from Linda(hummingbirdjoy),with a collage of 4 Seattle pictures on it. My favorite is the sunset with the sailboats, just beautiful! The Art Mueseum looks neat too! Thanks Linda. Love this swap!

Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  4:51:25 PM  Show Profile
So glad to know my card arrived Lainey, gee that was really quick
too. Our skyline is changing in Seattle though. On Pier 57 a huge
ferris wheel that extends out over the water by 40 feet is opening in
another week. Each gondola is heated and has air-conditioning and
can hold up to 8 people. There will be views of Mt. Rainier, the
Olympics, Seattle and the water and it will light up with fancy
flashing or swirling light patterns and has a glass bottom so you
can see below as you go to the top. Think I'll wait a bit though
and make sure they have any quirks worked out before I ride it. I bet
it will be beautiful viewing at night also with the all the lights of
the city and boats, etc. They are building one like the "Eye" ferris wheel in London in Las Vegas and I hear Chicago has one already.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  6:27:05 PM  Show Profile
Is that a permanent ride? How neat...

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  10:36:23 PM  Show Profile
Yes,Darlene, it is a permanent ride on the waterfront. It is actually
called "The Great Wheel".
I am sending out a few postcards every other day and should
have them all mailed out by mid July. Makes it more fun I think to
have them spread out.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  04:21:08 AM  Show Profile

That sounds so cool, but like you I'd wait to make sure all the quirks were worked out before I rode it also! What a view though, I can't even imagine. You'll have to tell us all about it when you ride!

Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page