Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic
Page: of 27

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  09:16:45 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like something I will take the grandchildren to ride. I might even myself.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  2:01:34 PM  Show Profile
Got a beautiful postcard from Linda, with a awesome deer on the front at Olympic National Park and one from Julie in North Dakota,I bet those white Buffalo are Beautiful! I also got a card from Judy in Canada,with a huge moose on the front! She just missed the swap, So I sent a postcard to her, she lives and works on an organic farm and the next town is 6 hours away! She gets mail just once a week!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  5:51:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank you PILAR, for the lovely card I got yesterday :) Today my last cards will go into the mail..... HOPE y'all will get them soon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy

(Formerly living in the Netherlands, now I live in Thailand

http://pinkprincessinthailand.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  9:21:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm loving all the cards I've recieved so far! I hope to get the rest of mine out this week.
Thank you ladies!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  07:24:49 AM  Show Profile
Well I haven't gotten any more cards yet, I hope I get some today.
Have a good day.
Darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:19:25 PM  Show Profile
I am doing the Happy Dance! I got a postcard from Julie (Tree Lady), from North Dakota. The Lake is Beautiful. How far is it from where you live?
Do people scuba dive up there? We are scuba divers. THANK YOU Julie.Whoohoo! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  1:49:45 PM  Show Profile
i got such a kick out of my mail on friday--i got cards at BOTH the old apt and the new house!!!!! saturday was one card at the new place and i'm not sure what is there today...

sadly my cards are still in process of being written..i'm working 11 hour days this week so i'm too pooped to pop after the move last weekend! i have chemo friday so maybe over the weekend i'll get some more done......

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Well take Margo,
We will enjoy the postcards anytime we get them...Rest easy ok.
hugs
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:52:15 PM  Show Profile
The Bad Lands, in North Dakota...thats where I went today and it was beautiful (thanks to my postcard from Julie) LOL
I totally agree with you Julie- I bet you do have beautiful scenery and always remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Grow where you are planted!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  3:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Got a card yesterday from Julie....beautiful picture of wheat in North Dakota. I have been South Dakota but not North. It is on my list of places to visit.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  7:00:18 PM  Show Profile
I got my postcard also from Julie, It is of a North Dakota Winter. I lived in Jamestown, in 1970 for about 3 months, It was beautiful. I did a lot of fishing, yard sale hunting and just enjoying the place, but the humidity was as high as the temp there. I did like it there though.
thanks for the Post card it brought back good memories.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  10:59:47 PM  Show Profile
To everyone who has sent me cards..please know that all of our mail now goes to my mail forwarding address and then they forward it to me in Hawaii..takes LOTS of time but I can't wait to get my first mail from them because I know all my farmgirl cards will be in there. YEAH!!
While we were traveling the country, I bought extra postcards of my favorite things so I could mail the cards out to y'all for the swap. Today, I realized that I left all the cards at home in Florida when I came to Hawaii,so...all my MJF postcard swap pals will be getting cards from Hawaii-my "hometown" for the next 13 weeks.
I will update my story in "across the fence" forum shortly. I start my job tomorrow so I wanted to wait to post so I could include that too.
Love reading about everybodies cards and can't wait till mine get all the way here to Kauai. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  05:30:00 AM  Show Profile

Thank you Joey for your card from North Dakota. I drove thru there back in the early 70's and I loved it, it really reminded me of Texas. It has great scenery and the wide open spaces go without saying - a place where you can take a deep breath and not choke to death!

Joey, I missed knowing you were going to Hawaii. I was born in Honolulu and lived there for several years when I was quite young,I would especially love a postcard if you could send me one it would mean a lot. I've had plans several times to go and something always happens and the trip gets cancelled, now I am so crippled up if I get to go it will be a miracle. My very first memory is of standing at the blowhole at Diamond head and holding my mom's hand and the water spraying all over us. Thanks for the memories!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  05:31:48 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Lainey Lou

Thank you Joey for your card from North Dakota. I drove thru there back in the early 70's and I loved it, it really reminded me of Texas. It has great scenery and the wide open spaces go without saying - a place where you can take a deep breath and not choke to death!

Joey, I missed knowing you were going to Hawaii. I was born in Honolulu and lived there for several years when I was quite young,I would especially love a postcard if you could send me one it would mean a lot. I've had plans several times to go and something always happens and the trip gets cancelled, now I am so crippled up if I get to go it will be a miracle. My very first memory is of standing at the blowhole at Diamond head and holding my mom's hand and the water spraying all over us. Thanks for the memories!

Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  06:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Dear Postcard Swappers . .
Good to check in occasionally and see you girls are enjoying your postcards. I, with my daughter, Robin (aka "Birdie") have been on a road trip since the 20th. According to our hubbies, we know we've gotten "lots of postcards", we just don't know which ones or from whom. So, I believe we're in for a REAL TREAT when we get home.

If you want to know what we're up to check out the thread in Across the Fence . . "FARMGIRLS ON THE LOOSE - IN COLORADO". Meeting and playing with other farmgirls, posting pics and descriptions . . but not all at once. It's kind of like a journal.

Take care!
CJ . . and "Birdie"

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DeborahLee
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Deborah
Starkville Mississippi
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  11:11:37 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to check in with everyone---I haven't sent my postcards yet. I've been involved in a very big move---which included buying my first house! It's been hot and at times, dirty work but I will turn in the keys to the old place tomorrow. While involved in the move, the stream of cards from throughout the US has been a welcome break from sorting through a couple of decades worth of clutter. I plan to work on my post cards over the July 4th holiday (at my new house) and get them in the mail soon thereafter. This is my favorite swap---thanks to everyone for making the move a little less stressful!

Deborah

Professor, librarian, writer and farmgirl!
Farmgirl #2970
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  8:25:24 PM  Show Profile
Many congrats on the new house. Wishing you many happy, healthy years there. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  10:34:15 PM  Show Profile

Deborah,

Congrats on your house, it feels good doesn't it. The more you get it put together the better it will feel too! I can't speak for everyone else but I would lay odds that they would not mind a bit waiting on your postcard so you could get moved. Congratulations on your house again!

Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  7:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Today I stayed right at home...with my postcard from my dear farmgirl sister Teresa right here in my hometown. (we have been friends for years and joined the sisterhood together about 3 1/2 years ago)
Her postcard was of beautiful Davis Park, which is a 20 minute ferry ride from our home. Gorgeous sunset over the Great South Bay.
Thank you Teresa for sharing that beautiful shot!
It was way too hot here to travel much anyway- in the mid 90's and VERY humid!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  7:59:31 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like you had a really nice day..I attended the last day of our churches VBS. It is the first one we have had in about 10 years and it was so wonderful to have all those little kids around again..Thanks to God they really enjoyed it.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  8:06:36 PM  Show Profile
It was 104 today and will be Triple Digit Temps. till Monday!! I love that I can Travel with My postcards all over the US and abroad and stay in The Air Conditioning! HA! I adore each and every one I have received!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  9:13:09 PM  Show Profile
I got a post card today from Debbie Main, in Alaska and she sent one with the Northern Lights. I have heard of people traveling from all over to Alaska to see them. I would like to someday. I love those things. I saw one once when I was a little girl and we were visiting on the East Coast or Kentucky or something, it was beautiful. That stuck with me, I get alerts on line from a site called Space Weather and they let you know when there is going to be a Northern Lights or Sun spots and meteor showers all sorts of things, anyway I am rambling...Thanks Debbie I love it.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  09:47:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I wanted to thank Connie aka Killarney for her two beautiful cards from her Ireland travels she has sent me! I missed out on the sign up but she generously included me in her list! Now that's FG spirit! We're cleaning up after a huge storm hit the farm so it was a real treat to find sushine in the mail!
Huge hug
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  1:34:18 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies I received 4 beautiful postcards yesterday.
Pam, what a cute picture of those 3 quail all looking in the same
direction. Wow! 111 degrees in Phoenix, now that is hot.
Rebecca, the Tahquamenon Falls in Michigan are breathtaking & loved
the changing fall colors of the trees in the picture.
Peggy, a gorgeous night time scene of a full moon over downtown
Seattle on your postcard.
Julie, what a majestic view of Lake Sakakawea and the water is
so blue. That is one long river at 180 miles! You do have some
pretty scenery in North Dakota.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  6:15:08 PM  Show Profile
I came home from my wonderful trip to Colorado to visit my dear friend Debbie (Blessed in Colorado) with the added bonus of meeting Marilyn (Mountain Mama), CJ (CeeJay) and Robin (Birdie71)....wonderful farmgirls all of them! I got home to four wonderful postcards:

First, from Nini in Pittsburgh a great card with TONS of info on Pittsburgh that Nini shared. I love historical cities, and it sounds great.

Second, from Rustic Reb in Michigan...another beautiful card showing Michigan's state stone, which actually looks like a shell! Rebecca says she is rejuvinating an old fishing resort! I want to see pics!!!

Third, from Pilar in New York...a gorgeous photo of Montauk Lighthouse on Long Island. She says it is her favorite spot on the island and I can see why. I am obsessed with lighthouses :)

Finally, from Julie in North Dakota a beautiful card of Theodore Roosevelt National Park! Julie, if it isn't a top vacation spot, it should be. The scenery looks spectacular!

Thanks everyone...I love getting your cards!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page