Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic
Page: of 27

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  4:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Lainey Lou and Connie...got your wonderful post cards!!! Soooo much fun!

Made my otherwise empty mailbox today...a delight instead of a ho-hum! (+:

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  4:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I am so glad you like mine! Mary Jane's Farm has made my Mailbox Happier!!! Now it Has Sunshine with the Bills!! HA!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  5:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow- received my postcard today from Linda (Dunkley). Boy are those Cascade Mountains simply breathtaking~I am just loving all of these views and neat peeks into my farmgirl sisters lives!
I've only mailed about 1 dozen postcards so far, so better get busy writing and get some more out this week.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  5:43:49 PM  Show Profile
I hit the jackpot today...four postcards!!! One from lucky Linda who lives 1/2 hr. from Seattle. I have never been there and have always wanted to go. I know I would love it. Sweet Peggy sent me a postcard taken of Seattle with the super moon! It was a beautiful picture...again I really need to go to Seattle!!

Connie sent me the MOST gorgeous photo of the flower market in Dublin, Ireland. I think Ireland is the place I would visit first out of anywhere. And what a great photo, Connie!! The colors are just phenomenal!

Finally, a card from Diana from Orofino, Idaho. What a cool place to live. I absolutely love the old gold rush towns...it looks beautiful there!

Thanks girls so much for sharing. Oh, and I did start mailing my cards today...woo hoo!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  7:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Did anyone get a card from me yet??????? Will send the rest tomorrow...have to get stamps first lol :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy

(Formerly living in the Netherlands, now I live in Thailand

http://pinkprincessinthailand.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  8:58:04 PM  Show Profile
I have been gone this week but got back today and had three cards. Connie sent a beautiful card from Ireland. Peggy and Linda both sent very nice and very different cards from Washington State.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  3:54:04 PM  Show Profile
Whoohoo got a postcard and its from PeggyAnn. And its a great picture of the Seattle Skyline at night. Oh its beautiful.Thank you Peggy for the postcard. This is wonderful! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  08:02:15 AM  Show Profile
Connie,

Got my first post card this week and it is just beautiful, of the flower market in Ireland. Being as Mc Coy was my maiden name I have always wanted to visit and search my roots! Picture is the next best thing. Thanx so much Connie.

You mentioned living on the west side of Tn. and you are right most of the time we do camp in the east . We are liable to be any where at any time tho' so you never know. Marty just came in from mowing the yard and told me to pack my bag we were going camping for a couple of days . He rarely tells me where we are going, just that we are, but I love suprises so that's alright by me.

So in other words if we come that way I'll try to let you know before you see the whites of my eyes! Ha! Off to pack.

Take care,
Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  08:08:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! My postcards finally went out this morning! YAY! I'm so sorry for the delay. Life - what a thing! I have enjoyed receiving SO many postcards already - everyone is just loving them! I treasure every one! THANK YOU!!! This is such a fun swap, CJ! I can't thank you enough for hosting it! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  09:42:14 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone recieved any of my postcards?????? Im starting to wonder....

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Rustic Reb
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Rebecca
Pickford Michigan
97 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  10:10:44 AM  Show Profile
I have recieved several rays of sunshine in my mailbox. Marlene neat Hanging Jail history. Birdie I just love the aprons against the south western backdrop! Marcy if I ever get out your way I plan to do the cliff walk. Netty I do enjoy receiving a line or two from you. Lainey Lou You My daughter is getting married this August. She is planning a lovely wedding just a few miles from my home. I know I have received a few more before this posting, but did I already acknowledge them? I'll go back and read all posting to make sure. Even that is like having a backyard chat with all of you. I am sending out my next batch in the morning mail.

Don't be sorry that it's over... Be glad that it happened.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  11:14:31 AM  Show Profile
I will check and see, so far I have received one from: April from Minnesota, from Dotty in New York of the Radio city Music Hall, Blue Bonnets from Marcie in Texas, the Super Moon in Washington from Peggy,Mary Janes Farm Sisters in Idaho from CJ, the Sonora dessert glamping trip from CJ, daughter Robin, The beautiful flowers of Ireland from Connie,
Nini I can hardly wait to see what you sent. the Cliff Walk in Newport RI from Marcie, the spooky jail in DeRidder LA from Marlene, the Seattle Center from Linda Terry, and Lynette's from Nebrask, so until I get my mail today that is it.
Thank you so much Ladies.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  12:52:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shelly got your today. Thanks

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  3:27:10 PM  Show Profile
I got a card from Diana in Idaho today and first I thought it was from our Henhouse swap, but then I see her on this list too. Anyway, like I said on the other swap, Idaho is in my top ten list of favorite states because thenboynchild was born there.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  4:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Todays mail brought two more beautiful postcards...
The first one was from Peggy Ann, of that beautiful Seattle Supermoon!
WOW- how neat is that? Tied in with the skyline it sure does make for a beautiful "picture perfect" shot!
The second card was from Connie from TN, with her lovely market shot from Ireland, Wow this swap has me touring the globe! Love it!
Thanks again gals!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  4:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shelly I got your post card today. Thanks for the collage postcard, It is nice to see all the place to go there. I have a granddaughter in Lansing, it is pretty I have never seen pictures of Michigan, thanks. I love all of them and I got one today also from Lainy Lou, Nice photo of you and your husband. Thanks.
I have them all up together now. This makes 16 so far, yay!
Darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  6:23:58 PM  Show Profile
I got 2 postcards in the mail today.Whoohoo! First one is from Sassy(Shelly) from Michigan, and its a collage of pictures in Autumn, which I love
its beautiful during that time of year. All the different colors . Thank You Sassy.
The 2nd is from Tammy , the picture of the rugged beach of mendocino coast. It is beautiful , you are blessed to live near such a wonderful place.

DeRidder is about 3 hours northwest of New Orleans. If you ever do and if you can take Interstate 10 from Torrance ,Cal all the way to New Orleans, and you will pass Lake Charles which is less than an hour from where I live.

So Thank you both for my Postcards. Happy Dance is coming on. Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  7:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Cards from Diana in Idaho and Shelly in MI . . THANKS SO MUCH!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  7:38:23 PM  Show Profile
Still nothing from me?? I am getting worried a bit...they should arrive real soon now :(

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  09:47:15 AM  Show Profile
Dutchy, have you received mine/ I mailed yours off first about 2 weeks ago.

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  1:13:40 PM  Show Profile
I think it takes at least 2 weeks to come from there depending on your post office also, and where I live our main office is slower...My PO in my town is great....but I was told it took about that long. Did you get mine because I sent it at the start of this swap.
darlene

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  1:17:15 PM  Show Profile
I was so happy to receive cards today from Connie Warren in Tn., lovely picture of Ireland market, and one from Peggy Ann in Wa., my lovely state. Great view of Seattle, first one I have seen with no space needle. Love it. Thank you Linda Terry from Edmonds, I love our mountains and my new place is at the foothills of Mt Baker.
Really enjoy hearing from everyone.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
www.gwynnsgifts.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  5:19:45 PM  Show Profile
Linda...doesn't our state have Gorgeous Mountains? We are so spoiled living here in the Northwest.
Then I also get the benefit of seeing Mt. Hood (in Oregon) every day too. I just can't even believe
how blessed we are living here.

You know what is sooo funny? When I got that picture back, done up in my postcards I was shocked that the
Space Needle wasn't in the picture. Like you said, We are so use to seeing the Space Needle in every picture of Seattle....that I even imagined it there. LOL!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  6:05:55 PM  Show Profile
Connie, no haven't got yours either...guess in a while we all will be bombarded with cards from both sides lol.....

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5078 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5078 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  6:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann you are Blessed!!! To see such beauty every day! I live in the far West corner of Tennessee and it is flat!! you have to go 300 miles to see the Great Smokey Mountains, Nashville and beyond is some great scenery! I long to live in a place like you live!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP - 50 States/Vacation - we're done! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page